Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2nd jab appointment been brought forward to 9 weeks for me. 

its now the day before I’m due to go out with the in laws for missus birthday meal so I will be suffering with symptoms now unfortunately 😎

Edited by Escobarp

• Members
25 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

2nd jab appointment been brought forward to 9 weeks for me. 

its now the day before I’m due to go out with the in laws for missus birthday meal so I will be suffering with symptoms now unfortunately 😎

Thats a shame 😂

6 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's the vaccination set up like down there?

Plenty getting it, or some hesitancy?

Think most of the genuinely vulnerable are covered, but after that very hit and miss. In spite of Victoria's current problems, Covid isn't a threat and think it's made people complacent.

High vaccine rates are key to opening borders, and the govt have failed a little here. Australia needs a roadmap to opening up. Covid is inevitably coming as even vaccinated people can transmit so best to get everyone done. There is talk of a trial allowing vaccinated people a far easier return to Australia than the current 14 days hard hotel quarantine. They probably need to incentivise vaccine participation. 

Over 6000 new infections yesterday up by 50% week on week. Only way we go ahead on 21st is if hospital admissions do not follow. Saw some stats today that current position is under every scenario that was modelled so there is some hope

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Over 6000 new infections yesterday up by 50% week on week. Only way we go ahead on 21st is if hospital admissions do not follow. Saw some stats today that current position is under every scenario that was modelled so there is some hope

We are testing the arse out of it

I heard on the news that the biggest area of growth is secondary school kids 

So fucking what

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

My lads school had more positive cases in one week (3 weeks ago) than the whole of 2020.

Id hazard a guess there were more tests in that week than the whole of 2020

Otherwise sensible people are losing the plot

Like i suggested the other day, its all folk are talking about, letting the bumbling bent wankers carry on with their lies and deceit

Every day is a day to hide bad news

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Ani said:

I'm struggling to see the internal issue of rising infection rates - I get it from a letting people go abroad point of view, particulary to countries where they aren't on it regards vaccinations

and I don't mind if they stop folk coming here from countries struggling with it

but if we are all getting vacced up, and there's no increase in hospital admissions or deaths, then we're on top of it, and we can continue to make progress

personally, I'm not arserd if they do extend a couple of weeks from June 21st, as I can quite happily do what I want right now - but I get that if it gets  moved again, folk are going to start getting restless and that leads to folk itching for a protest and tear up and all that, which doesn't help

I'll be arsed if I can't go to the footy in August

so right now, what good reason is there for not lifting restrictions on June 21st? 

what are the genuine negative impacts of folk catching it and not needing hospitalistion or dying? i.e. unvacced young uns?  as long as the vast majority get their jabs on time, I don't see the issue

3 hours ago, Winchester White said:

My lads school had more positive cases in one week (3 weeks ago) than the whole of 2020.

Interestingly, my antibody results came back yesterday and I still have covid antibodies in my system nearly 8 months on. Plus I am double jabbed. 

I can’t pretend to know anything about injections. Could the antibodies you have be to do with the injections?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I can’t pretend to know anything about injections. Could the antibodies you have be to do with the injections?

I cant ask my medical advisor just now but i think its possible

Depending on the type of vaccine

Ill ask her later if kent hasnt answered

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Apparently the vaccines don't give you exactly the same antibodies as actual Covid. That's what it said on the leaflet anyway.

Our resident immuno expert has deserted the ship for now, he'd know for sure, but the vaccines, iirc, mimic the virus so that the immune system recognises  the molecular structure on the relevant part of the virus. I would assume this is slightly different from using a deactivated virus.

Whatever the case you've got anti things.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Our resident immuno expert has deserted the ship for now, he'd know for sure, but the vaccines, iirc, mimic the virus so that the immune system recognises  the molecular structure on the relevant part of the virus. I would assume this is slightly different from using a deactivated virus.

Whatever the case you've got anti things.

Naturally formed antibodies are stronger, and more adaptable.  

But they can't just give everyone a live version so...vaccines a close second 

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Naturally formed antibodies are stronger, and more adaptable.  

But they can't just give everyone a live version so...vaccines a close second 

https://www.contagionlive.com/view/immune-response-from-mrna-covid-19-vaccines-is-more-robust-than-natural-infection

Diane Abbott clearly working for the BBC;

In the UK, more than 40 million people (51.6% of adults) have now had their first dose of a vaccine, according to the latest figures. Some 27 million people have had their second dose, equivalent to 76.2% of adults.