Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Zero deaths again today.

We need to stop giving Covid so much attention in the uk now.

We need a football tournament to distract us or summert 

One death isn't it?

Either way, it doesn't look like the NHS is being overwhelmed, so fingers crossed for us "unlocking" in a couple of weeks.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

One death isn't it?

Either way, it doesn't look like the NHS is being overwhelmed, so fingers crossed for us "unlocking" in a couple of weeks.

Aye, hopefully. The media should be focusing on this positive aspect, illustrating the absolute benefit of the vaccine and getting more and more to have it.

Radio 4 had a piece earlier with some young uns on, and although it certainly wasn't representative and probably represented a small minority, some of the ignorant shits deserved a visit to Rudy's volcano. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, DazBob said:

I wonder what folk think will happen after June 21st.

I honestly can't see things being much different than they are now.

... which is fine with me.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a slight delay, but I think we'll open up more soon enough. Still be travel restrictions though, and testing etc

Hancock's statement earlier, and the data as to the vaccination status of those in hospital is quite stark.

Get jabbed and we get on.

Don't and we drag on.

I think it’s more that certain things can’t be enforced more recommendations

and of course the big one being no restrictions on sporting events 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

and of course the big one being no restrictions on sporting events 

I may well be wrong, I'd just be very surprised to all of a sudden see stadiums filled with tens of thousands of people.

• Site Supporter
Just now, DazBob said:

I may well be wrong, I'd just be very surprised to all of a sudden see stadiums filled with tens of thousands of people.

I reckon that's what all these test events have been for; together with the Euros, I think they'll make a decision based on data from these.

Whilst I'm not convinced about covid passports- perhaps being able to produce evidence of your vaccination would be one way of stepping back up to normality?

4 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I tend to agree, if have thought football stadia and concerts will still be operating some sort of "social distancing" type reduction in capacities for a little while longer yet.

17 minutes ago, DazBob said:

It maybe my take but I thought all legal restrictions are lifted after the 21st ( if passed). Sporting organisations will go ape and rightly so if capacities can’t be met

33 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Listening to the radio and looking at the news this morning, it seems pretty likely that they'll be delaying the "unlocking" by at least two weeks.........

We’ll see

I fail to see how delaying lockdown lifting by 2 weeks will alter anything in the great scheme of things. The vast majority of the vulnerable and over 50’s have been double vaxed.There must come a point where we have to crack on and get on with life, if some people refuse the vaccination and cop for a variant then so be it.

11 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I fail to see how delaying lockdown lifting by 2 weeks will alter anything in the great scheme of things. The vast majority of the vulnerable and over 50’s have been double vaxed.There must come a point where we have to crack on and get on with life, if some people refuse the vaccination and cop for a variant then so be it.

Indeed

Some seem to be scared of their own shadow.

• Site Supporter

2 weeks makes no difference either way to me.

It seems a bit pointless but in all honesty, it's 2 weeks. Given it's been 18 months it's fuck all.

So long as that's it, and there is no backtracking, then whatever.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

It seems a bit pointless but in all honesty, it's 2 weeks. Given it's been 18 months it's fuck all.

LOLZ

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Presumed to be a facetious post

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

The concern they've got is that that variant may be the one that gets around current vaccines.

Maybe a touch over zealous, but having had a lot of stuff thrown at them, you can understand some caution. 

Looking at the plan overall, maybe the full reopening might have been better coinciding with the time at which everyone is expected to have been vaccinated- it may have helped avoid some of this delay/get on with it debate.

We are where we are though, and for what it's worth, I reckon we will open up as planned.

Perhaps the caution is aimed at keeping a lid on things until that time.

Perhaps a TV statement, strong and direct telling people that the end is in sight, but its up to the people- get the jab and we can all move on.

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

21st of June was never set as a date where all restrictions would be lifted.

It was only ever the EARLIEST date where they MIGHT be.

Correct, plenty of people struggle to grasp this though

17 hours ago, DazBob said:

I wonder what folk think will happen after June 21st.

I honestly can't see things being much different than they are now.

... which is fine with me.

The hospitality sector being allowed to open to full capacity.

Along with offices and other areas of economy that are being crippled by restrictions. 

3 hours ago, Spider said:

It'll make a difference to my mate who is supposedly getting married on July 3rd.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Traf said:

It'll make a difference to my mate who is supposedly getting married on July 3rd.

You seem to be forgetting that it's every man for himself nowadays mate.

Just tell him that it is what it is, to suck it up and remember that Boris got more votes and is always right etc etc etc.

He's just going to have to grow a thicker skin.