Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It would be the logical thing to do......which probably means it won't happen

Logical?
Pointless, I'd say. They're unenforceable.

Last time Bolton was in a lower tier than the surrounding areas, people just went to Chorley, Atherton, Walkden, Radcliffe, Bury, Darwen etc for a drink.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

The hospitality sector being allowed to open to full capacity.

Along with offices and other areas of economy that are being crippled by restrictions. 

no fucker wants to go back to the office anyway and more than happy to WFH and let that industry die

it's only about hospitality now

10 minutes ago, Traf said:

Logical?

Last time Bolton was in a lower tier than the surrounding areas, people just went to Chorley, Atherton, Walkden, Radcliffe, Bury, Darwen etc for a drink.

You are of course correct, I was naively expecting people to do as their told, and not start crossing into areas that they're not supposed to be in 🙂

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Sweep said:

You are of course correct, I was naively expecting people to do as their told, and not start crossing into areas that they're not supposed to be in 🙂

The trouble is, as it has always been, that the people who are more likely to follow advice are older. The irony is that they’re jabbed now so technically can relax a bit.

Its younger folk that’ll keep spreading it.

However, the hospitals are empty. It’s not dangerous anymore.

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Spider said:

The trouble is, as it has always been, that the people who are more likely to follow advice are older. The irony is that they’re jabbed now so technically can relax a bit.

Its younger folk that’ll keep spreading it.

However, the hospitals are empty. It’s not dangerous anymore.

Not dangerous anymore at the moment 

think the risk is that as the young ones spread it and develops a mutation that is then either a risk to them , makes them seriously ill or a risk of avoiding the vaccine that can put us back again.

I have no idea, and want everything open, but, can see the possible reasons why they might be concerned   

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Logical?

Walkden?

5 hours ago, Zico said:

no fucker wants to go back to the office anyway and more than happy to WFH and let that industry die

it's only about hospitality now

Youre speaking for yourself there. 

Theres plenty out there that do and there’s plenty of careers reliant on that industry. 

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Why would we need local lockdowns when all the vunerable are vaccinated? 

We don’t.

21st June needs to be the day this all draws to a close.

Its no longer a pandemic in the uk, it’s now endemic. It exists and we have a way to control it now that doesn’t require lockdowns.

If people don’t want a free vaccine, that’s up to them. But all they’d get from my hospital would be a balloon full of my farts instead of a ventilator.

23 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can safely say my mask will be going in the bin whatever they say.

No more rules for me thanks. 

Time to get a grip you bunch of dramatic soft cunts. 

17 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'm doing the same. 

ooooh, you're hard.

Attention seekers.

• Members
47 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can safely say my mask will be going in the bin whatever they say.

No more rules for me thanks. 

Time to get a grip you bunch of dramatic soft cunts. 

Gimp mask? Let’s not be too hasty

Edited by Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Why would we need local lockdowns when all the vunerable are vaccinated? 

If it only works for 90% of the older, that leaves 10% potentially at risk. Higher levels of cases always start with the young then move up- it's the 25 to 30 year old that are the highest growing group now.

Once these lower age groups are vaccinated, the rates will drop off again as we near herd immunity, at that point the olds are as protected as they're going to be.

The mhra is still assessing whether to allow vaccines to be used on kids over 12. Would seem bonkers not to allow it, and when they do, get them all done before next academic year starts.

Sorted.

23 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Plenty saying similar, but they'll ultimately do as they're told to by the government

Not a chance. 

Attention seeking? Not really. Just not adhering to a load of bollocks anymore.

Ive been going to peoples houses and businesses every day for the past 18 months without a mask. Wearing one in bargain booze isn’t going to make a difference.

As long as my town is packed with people like it currently is I don’t give a fuck. 

The only thing that stops the thing spreading is full lockdown. Restrictions don’t work.

It will be with us forever as long as kids and flids aren’t vaccinated. It carry on mutating and we will go round in circles over and over. 

Its time to get on with it.