Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Youre speaking for yourself there. 

Theres plenty out there that do and there’s plenty of careers reliant on that industry. 

Not quite 

It's based on what folk on here have said, admittedly a small number, there's only MW who wants to be back out and about, others don't want to commute anymore now they've had a taste of WFH 

And I agree, a lot depends on commuters and office workers 

I've had a home office for nearly 4 years now, I've no where else to go 

Anyway, that's the industry that will suffer most long term I reckon 

The ONS getting dead analysis explains Govt dilemma.  20-50 yr olds have spiked while the double jabbed above are below average levels. Still measures in the dozens so most in that age group would say crack on but another month would probably get vaccination into most.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmUwNmFhMjYtNGZhYS00NDk2LWFlMTAtOTg0OGNhNmFiNGM0IiwidCI6ImVlNGUxNDk5LTRhMzUtNGIyZS1hZDQ3LTVmM2NmOWRlODY2NiIsImMiOjh9

• Members
7 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Correct. This is getting mentalist now, still folk saying give it a few more weeks. Get to fuck. 

Yep I agree. NHS isn’t going to be overwhelmed, people aren’t dying in the hundreds, a few more weeks is going to change the square root of fuck all. Time to crack on now 

1 hour ago, green genie said:

The ONS getting dead analysis explains Govt dilemma.  20-50 yr olds have spiked while the double jabbed above are below average levels. Still measures in the dozens so most in that age group would say crack on but another month would probably get vaccination into most.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYmUwNmFhMjYtNGZhYS00NDk2LWFlMTAtOTg0OGNhNmFiNGM0IiwidCI6ImVlNGUxNDk5LTRhMzUtNGIyZS1hZDQ3LTVmM2NmOWRlODY2NiIsImMiOjh9

And then another variant

and another month

and a further 2 weeks 

ad infinitum

We have to learn to live with this, like we already live with many other risks.

21 June

• Site Supporter

The most ironic covid decision I've seen is stopping the handful of veterans from travelling to France for the unveiling of the British D Day memorial, they're all in thier 90,s, probably most won't be able to make the journey again. Wonder about the outcome had the government been so concerned about their welfare 70 odd years ago.

• Members
1 hour ago, bolton_blondie said:

The only thing we are struggling with is staffing! People with kids in their teens/20s having to isolate because they are covid+

All these preggo nurses having dirty weekends away getting up the spout and going off sitting on their arses for a year 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

And then another variant

and another month

and a further 2 weeks 

ad infinitum

We have to learn to live with this, like we already live with many other risks.

21 June

Why would there be another variant?

The whole point of the vaccine programme is to reduce cases (via herd immunity) to such low levels that as well as keeping people well, the chances of new variants emerging become very small. Should one occur, it may well die out because of a lack of potential hosts and therefore an opportunity to thrive.

No doubt continued monitoring and sequencing will allow any subsequent cases to be investigated, and the design of any top up vaccinations altered.

Such a huge focus now on getting folk double jabbed; the benefits are self-evident. 

If, and its a big if, they decide to give it another month to achieve a greater proportion of double jabbed people, then so be it.

Far preferable to some further steps back later by way of increased restrictions. 

• Site Supporter

The biggest danger now is a mutation in countries that are way behind with vaccines.

Its why foreign travel is being curbed so heavily and that I can understand.

But I think that here on treasure island we should now be free to go about our business as normal.

If furlough, kick backs, bounce back loans and WFH ended tomorrow folk would soon change their tunes.

WFH isn’t a right, get to fuckin work like everybody else. Neither are more bail outs. 

Switch the tap off and see how all these fuckers sat at home calling for more restrictions see it then.

Nation of selfish wetwipes. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

If furlough, kick backs, bounce back loans and WFH ended tomorrow folk would soon change their tunes.

WFH isn’t a right, get to fuckin work like everybody else. Neither are more bail outs. 

Switch the tap off and see how all these fuckers sat at home calling for more restrictions see it then.

Nation of selfish wetwipes. 

I bet you’ve seen loads more naked folk since they’ve all been at home

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

I bet you’ve seen loads more naked folk since they’ve all been at home

Aye all sat in their gardens yesterday drinking whilst their laptops on the side. One other fucker sat playing video games.

There’s lads from BAE fitting kitchens on the side. 

It’s a complete sham. Folk are rinsing the system whilst other folks livelihoods are down the pan because workplaces are shut. 

Get to bastard work.

30 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye all sat in their gardens yesterday drinking whilst their laptops on the side. One other fucker sat playing video games.

There’s lads from BAE fitting kitchens on the side. 

It’s a complete sham. Folk are rinsing the system whilst other folks livelihoods are down the pan because workplaces are shut. 

Get to bastard work.

When I'm running the country, you can be employment minister.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

The only thing we are struggling with is staffing! People with kids in their teens/20s having to isolate because they are covid+

That's the only reason i can see for prolonging this further 

Probably till everyone in all age groups has had or at least been offered the job

44 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Why would there be another variant?

The whole point of the vaccine programme is to reduce cases (via herd immunity) to such low levels that as well as keeping people well, the chances of new variants emerging become very small. Should one occur, it may well die out because of a lack of potential hosts and therefore an opportunity to thrive.

No doubt continued monitoring and sequencing will allow any subsequent cases to be investigated, and the design of any top up vaccinations altered.

Such a huge focus now on getting folk double jabbed; the benefits are self-evident. 

If, and its a big if, they decide to give it another month to achieve a greater proportion of double jabbed people, then so be it.

Far preferable to some further steps back later by way of increased restrictions. 

The point is that the scientists, in cahoots with the media, seem hell bent on keeping things locked down.

16 minutes ago, Zico said:

That's the only reason i can see for prolonging this further 

Probably till everyone in all age groups has had or at least been offered the job

There’s folk who’ve had two jabs being told to isolate.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Is that because there's plenty out there still not had one and that is where the current 'issue" in terms of spread lies? 

If that's not the case then fucked if i know the way out of this other than to get on with it

• Members
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fuck that 

Friday I’m off I’m taking the kids to the beach

I’ll social distance but that’s it, can’t go abroad, now can’t leave the county, bollocks time to crack on

6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Is that because there's plenty out there still not had one and that is where the current 'issue" in terms of spread lies? 

If that's not the case then fucked if i know the way out of this other than to get on with it

That’s my point further up. There’s always going to be a percentage without the jab. That percentage is a breeding ground for the jab and makes the chance of mutation greater. 

Muslims, anti vaxers, kids, folk who can’t have it etc ...we will never be able to vaccinate the whole population therefore the thing will be around forever.