Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

7 hours ago, Ani said:

Now we are shit at adding up. 

If the numbers are all wrong how can any decision be made on the evidence ? 

I think hospitalisations are the most key denominator 

1 hour ago, boogs said:

This is the bit I don’t understand with these crackpot theories that this is all just to control the masses and keep us all indoors. What do the government get out of that?? What’s their benefit supposed to be??

The crackpots have accused the Govt of project fear with the numbers produced by the scientists, of playing the numbers down and of exaggerating the numbers. 
The reality is the Govt are just not very good. Although Dido will be along soon. 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, superkev said:

Same as everyone on here. Guessing, not knowing left from right, even fucking boris doesn’t know

He's not a scientist. Wouldnt expect him to 'know'.

Its his job to ensure requisite people are around to inform to help create policies.

Whether folk like them, or understand them doesnt in itself mean they're wrong. 

Its largely the same all over the world. Public moaning about this that and the other.

No government (bar one or two maybe) is deliberately ignoring the virus nor introducing measures out of malice, yet so many decide they know better.

Even in South Korea, they've had issues with a religious group, saying the virus is bollocks and working against the public interest.

He’s not a scientist but he should know what the regulations are. He hasn’t got a clue, yet expects everyone else to.

I’ve just got back from Turkey and now have to self isolate which I get, but why after Saturday, why not straight away if it was that bad, why do people who I live with not have to isolate, why allow us to travel without actually looking into the cases in other countries properly, surely Turkey aren’t the only ones fudging the figures. 

i can still go to work after isolation despite living in a high risk area that is probably most likely higher than Turkey. It’s all bollocks. I’m a key worker, but am not exempt, yet when people at work test positive we don’t get sent home to isolate because of being a key worker. 

All very confusing and can understand how pissed off many are. It’s shit 

• Moderators

Everyone is an expert in everything these days. But I am a legit expert in data. Using Excel, fucking hell, you may as well use Notepad. Someone needs sacking. I could sell you some software that would be up and running in a day that would do the job properly.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Carlos said:

Everyone is an expert in everything these days. But I am a legit expert in data. Using Excel, fucking hell, you may as well use Notepad. Someone needs sacking. I could sell you some software that would be up and running in a day that would do the job properly.

This is the clincher for me.

They've admitted to using a piece of software that costs a few hundred quid yet are charging Mr Taxpayer fucking hundreds of millions for the privilege.

And they can't even use Excel.

My 7 year old daughter can use it.

Just as they seem to be getting their act together, they inevitably fuck up.

What a shower of shit.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Carlos said:

This is the clincher for me.

They've admitted to using a piece of software that costs a few hundred quid yet are charging Mr Taxpayer fucking hundreds of millions for the privilege.

And they can't even use Excel.

My 7 year old daughter can use it.

Just as they seem to be getting their act together, they inevitably fuck up.

What a shower of shit.

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I use Excel quite a bit for work but there is no way I would use it for something such as this. Surely someone who knows their onions in IT should have stepped in and said what the fuck are you doing?

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Haha, I can imagine most of the public sector uses Excel because they can't be arsed trying anything else 

If it works for most purposes, then why not use it?

That's a different situation to this one- which if true- then does suggest someone hasn't got a grip on what is required. 

38 minutes ago, superkev said:

He’s not a scientist but he should know what the regulations are. He hasn’t got a clue, yet expects everyone else to.

Simply isn't true is it. We only need to know what applies to us (or national regulations if not subject to local restrictions).

He was talking about the specifics of the North East. Which in itself had some differences to the north west, or part of Wales etc. Can't expect anyone to necessarily trip every single piece of regulation from the top of their head.

Its typical of the media sadly, looking for the slightest thing to find an angle on.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I use Excel quite a bit for work but there is no way I would use it for something such as this. Surely someone who knows their onions in IT should have stepped in and said what the fuck are you doing?

You'd think so.

Keith knows his onions so may be able to help.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If it works for most purposes, then why not use it?

That's a different situation to this one- which if true- then does suggest someone hasn't got a grip on what is required. 

Simply isn't true is it. We only need to know what applies to us (or national regulations if not subject to local restrictions).

He was talking about the specifics of the North East. Which in itself had some differences to the north west, or part of Wales etc. Can't expect anyone to necessarily trip every single piece of regulation from the top of their head.

Its typical of the media sadly, looking for the slightest thing to find an angle on.

You aren't obliged to defend every single fuck-up this Government makes. They pay people less intelligent than you very good money to do that. Lay off the mental Gymnastics for a while, and accept that using Excel to record National statistics during a pandemic is an extremely poor decision, whoever made it.

Edited by Cheese