Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

God today has wound me up something special. I’d have sympathy for people who are worried that a second lockdown would affect medical treatment, their ability to earn a living and put food on the table or to be able to look after their elderly parents. In reality, most people I hear moaning are worried they might not be able to celebrate Cheryl’s 37th birthday. Or might not be able to go to Pollensa at half term. Or simply won’t be able to go out on the piss every Friday like normal. The selfishness people are displaying leaves me completely empty 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    2502

  • Spider

    1925

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    1804

  • boltondiver

    1720

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Rudy said:

When are the pubs opening?

 

11 hours ago, boltondiver said:

2021

 

11 hours ago, boltondiver said:

29 March

Junior's 16th birthday, I'll buy her an alcopop or whatever shite kids drink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ani said:

Does anyone on here think this is something we should just ignore and let it work it’s way through ? 

Doubt it, but folk like this do. Thick. 

 

Edited by peelyfeet
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ani said:

Does anyone on here think this is something we should just ignore and let it work it’s way through ? 

I do think that they need to go one way or another

this half way house is just extending misery without getting us closer to any kind of end point IMO

10pm curfew is clever; just throws the  folk That will break it into house parties / gatherings. Also means that those in hospitality that spent thousands to make their places safe within the guidelines suffer further despite “doing the right thing”.

This is an interesting thread

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I do think that they need to go one way or another

this half way house is just extending misery without getting us closer to any kind of end point IMO

10pm curfew is clever; just throws the  folk That will break it into house parties / gatherings. Also means that those in hospitality that spent thousands to make their places safe within the guidelines suffer further despite “doing the right thing”.

This is an interesting thread

 

I’m no expert but this graph and the presentation from Whitty and vallance confirm my suspicions that the presentation was well over the top and paints an unnecessarily negative picture.  
 

The current sanctions I generally agree with, further U.K. wide lockdowns I don’t agree with, if they want to use draconian measures make them localised. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Some of the figures they gave yesterday seem to contradict themselves (but @peelyfeet can probably set me straight)

they say only 8% of the population have had it, yet said 100k infections were probably happening daily during the peak. Let’s say that’s 50 days at the peak, that’s 5 million people. Add in another few million either side of the peak and that’s way more than 8%

Does smack of fearmongering, which isn’t their job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

A lovely thread 

Boris and Dominic have so much  Russian cock up their arse that they can both be opened up a dozen times and smaller Boris’s and Dominic’s appear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Some of the figures they gave yesterday seem to contradict themselves (but @peelyfeet can probably set me straight)

they say only 8% of the population have had it, yet said 100k infections were probably happening daily during the peak. Let’s say that’s 50 days at the peak, that’s 5 million people. Add in another few million either side of the peak and that’s way more than 8%

Does smack of fearmongering, which isn’t their job.

Aye leave that to the good people of WW’s

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

The rhetoric is now WFH

But the pubs just shut at 10

its this garbled mixed message nonsense that is infuriating 

This govt are an absolute disgrace 

Telling everyone to go back to work and eat out to help other week :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be kind and say that the government could have handled things better. But we are quickly reaching a point where a lot of people are seeing this as a game where they “win” if they can go against government advice on pretty much anything. We need the government and people working together on this. Can’t see any winners with the way this is going

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive said all along you cant trust the general public to 1 behave and 2 work out contradictory rules themselves.

The silly rules just wont get adhered to, pubs wont be suddenly empty at 10.01, nor will folk not just back to a kitchen somewhere. 

Like spider says, it has to be bold and decisive. In or out.

Either close the fuckers and pay them or keep them open as normal and let them make money.

Same for everywhere else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

I can work. Gonzo can work. Jules can work. Casino can work.

So no furlough or support needed for us.

Traf clearly can’t work. Hospitality workers can’t work.

So support them until they can.

Its easy this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I’ll be kind and say that the government could have handled things better. But we are quickly reaching a point where a lot of people are seeing this as a game where they “win” if they can go against government advice on pretty much anything. We need the government and people working together on this. Can’t see any winners with the way this is going

Spot on but I feel we reached that point a while back. For some it’s always been about that sadly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No managed socially distanced football attending but crack on going to the pub and mixing as you please.

It’s clear to me pubs are the number 1 setting where folk will spread the virus. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spider said:

I can work. Gonzo can work. Jules can work. Casino can work.

So no furlough or support needed for us.

Traf clearly can’t work. Hospitality workers can’t work.

So support them until they can.

Its easy this.

over 3.5bil in fraudulent furlough claims will put a stop to that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very surprised not more was made of the scientists saying a virus will be ready by end of the year and available for wide spread use in 2021 probably. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Very surprised not more was made of the scientists saying a virus will be ready by end of the year and available for wide spread use in 2021 probably. 

One virus at a time Ani, Christ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ani said:

Very surprised not more was made of the scientists saying a virus will be ready by end of the year and available for wide spread use in 2021 probably. 

Wheels are well and truly in motion, vulnerable groups will get it first though (I need to get my asthma officially diagnosed rather than guessed at by the doctor on a Zoom call!) and everyone else early next year.

Had a feeling it would be dropped in as a sweetner to some short term lockdown measures by the PM tonight, but it was mentioned yesterday instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Trying to get my head around this, I'm not certain if it's as I've had a bad nights sleep..

 

My lad was in contact with someone (asympomatic) on the Monday 7th of September, their first day back.. He's isolated for 14 days and we have taken turns. That means he should have gone back today? I've had a day off when i shouldn't have?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.