Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

24 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Lots of media calling for Boris to shut pubs, restaurants etc none of this advisory business 

If they shut my local all that would happen would be we'd go in the back door instead of the front

Anyhow, I'm going to kidnap the dirtiest girl I can find and self isolate with her for a month, I shall be nailing my front door shut just in case. Those of you still alive, I shall see in a month

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

So the Government realise their plan A was shit and gone with plan B. This is the same plan every fucker else had as plan A. At least we are learning.

It’s almost like they took.a calculator and went 1% of 40 million. How many??

1 minute ago, Widnes Two Hats said:

If they shut my local all that would happen would be we'd go in the back door instead of the front

Anyhow, I'm going to kidnap the dirtiest girl I can find and self isolate with her for a month, I shall be nailing my front door shut just in case. Those of you still alive, I shall see in a month

Exceedingly good plan 

28 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Herd immunity? Fucking stupid idea 

I'm not so sure.

That virus is going to find its way back into Italy pretty quickly once they let everyone go about their business again.

Seems strange to me that we've backtracked. Hope it's based on sound science rather than political pressure.

5 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'm not so sure.

That virus is going to find its way back into Italy pretty quickly once they let everyone go about their business again.

Seems strange to me that we've backtracked. Hope it's based on sound science rather than political pressure.

Based on that imperial college research I posted earlier. In essence our government has made a complete horlicks of this. Its a very very difficult situation but they've managed to balls it up. Instead of being open and clear on need to change strategy and why they've pretended the plan was continuous anyway - and now everyone is confused. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I'm not so sure.

It will if course, you can't lock down forever.

However, you have to slow it down enough to be able to cope with those seriously sick whilst the fit and healthy continue to spread it in a controlled manner. At least I think that's the plan?

• Moderators

a mate with a tin foil hat sent me this:

“Any gravity in this ?
Now here is an interesting conspiracy theory if you want:
Impact of coronavirus on stock exchanges worldwide, within 1 month: 

🇺🇸 -26%
 🇬🇧 -26%
 🇨🇦 -25%
 🇧🇷 -27%
 🇷🇺 -20%
 🇦🇪 -19%
 🇿🇦 -16%
 🇦🇺 -24%
 🇮🇳 -14%
 🇸🇬 -17%
 🇭🇰 -12%
 🇰🇷 - 17%

Now, look at this: 

🇨🇳 (China) + 0,3%

China, creator of the pandemic, has miraculously "recovered", has almost no more cases of coronavirus.  The world is now beginning to feel the effects and panic about the disease.  Who recovered first ??  China itself!  It seems to be that this virus was a move by the Chinese government in response to the loss of the trade war with the United States.  The goal: to throw the world into recession !!!
Is the scenario not clear?  They are already growing!  China bought almost everything it devalued on the stock exchanges around the world ... with that the Chinese became owners of the global companies that are in China and without the money leaving China.”

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

a mate with a tin foil hat sent me this:

“Any gravity in this ?
Now here is an interesting conspiracy theory if you want:
Impact of coronavirus on stock exchanges worldwide, within 1 month: 

🇺🇸 -26%
 🇬🇧 -26%
 🇨🇦 -25%
 🇧🇷 -27%
 🇷🇺 -20%
 🇦🇪 -19%
 🇿🇦 -16%
 🇦🇺 -24%
 🇮🇳 -14%
 🇸🇬 -17%
 🇭🇰 -12%
 🇰🇷 - 17%

Now, look at this: 

🇨🇳 (China) + 0,3%

China, creator of the pandemic, has miraculously "recovered", has almost no more cases of coronavirus.  The world is now beginning to feel the effects and panic about the disease.  Who recovered first ??  China itself!  It seems to be that this virus was a move by the Chinese government in response to the loss of the trade war with the United States.  The goal: to throw the world into recession !!!
Is the scenario not clear?  They are already growing!  China bought almost everything it devalued on the stock exchanges around the world ... with that the Chinese became owners of the global companies that are in China and without the money leaving China.”

Has China recovered?

28 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Based on that imperial college research I posted earlier. In essence our government has made a complete horlicks of this. Its a very very difficult situation but they've managed to balls it up. Instead of being open and clear on need to change strategy and why they've pretended the plan was continuous anyway - and now everyone is confused. 

Time will tell I suppose. I just wonder whether the balance wasn't tipped by a perceived need to be doing what everybody else is doing?

If the decisions been made on the best available evidence then fair enough.

10 hours ago, royal white said:

simple explanation going around on FB

The Government Plan explained  to why we are not in lock down .

His plan is to segregate all vulnerable people (older, illand at risk) let’s call this group A

Anyone looking after the older,ill and at risk can be group B

The general population generally healthy can be group C

Group C needs to go about it’s business keeping the country moving kids at school us at work

Group B looks after group A and avoids contact with C

Group C is allowed to contract the virus and because it’s generally healthy it can cope with it better than group A

Group A and B are almost self isolating without the virus to avoid putting strain on the NHS and reducing the risk of getting the virus and then needing the NHS

Group C (the generally healthy) go through the cycle of contracting the virus self isolating and being looked after by healthy family members, friends and the local community
Anyone who has complications gets looked after by the NHS while groups A and B are kept away The NHS are not strained by A and B while its looking after complicated cases in C

As group C comes full circle and recovers it divides in to groups that take group B’s position looking after group A allowing group B to go though the cycle

With B and C though the cycle
A is free to have NHS to itself because B and C are now clear from illness and infection and hopefully have a degree of immunity from getting it again this season. 

That's last week's plan. And it was completely tossed out of the window yesterday.

I have some sympathy with the government for the situation they find themselves in, but nobody can be so naive as to pretend this is all part of one coherant strategy. We're flailing in the dark like everyone else.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I know that is bollocks, as one of my contacts out there, her husband was diagnosed with it on Sunday

dunno about bollocks, it may be a relative representation of activity, but further down there's a graph for "newly infected" v "newly recovered" and that says about 10-20 new cases a day over the last week, with 14k in one day in Feb

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

So the Government realise their plan A was shit and gone with plan B. This is the same plan every fucker else had as plan A. At least we are learning.

Aye it would seem. At least our lot are putting their NVQ1s into some kind of practice 😊

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I'm not so sure.

Just ignore Mick if Tories do anything it’s wrong, it’s quite clear to me and most rational folk that this virus has to be introduced into the population and that complete lockdown will just move the problem until lockdown is relaxed. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Shed D’Lostock will be up and running soon. 

Save me a seat at the bar pal 

I will try and bring some much lacking british spirit and make the world war veterans proud of me once again 🙄

Edited by Escobarp