Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

17 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I mean send em home, get em all back in 3 days later, test the snotty little buggers and let them get on with life.

I know what you mean, in an ideal world you'd be able to test everyone several times a day to find the infected quickly, but I can't see them changing the 14 days any time soon, they havent got enough testing capacity, yet, and some are taking 4 or 5 days to get results.

I can't remember the figures but a large % of the tests we see every day are for NHS staff and other prioritised folk, some who have to get tested every few days for their job.   

Edited by peelyfeet
  • Replies 33.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobarp

• Spider

• Tonge moor green jacket

• boltondiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

#thinkingforyourself

though to be fair, lockdown will have left their holiday plans all shook up

I think there are a few suspicious minds as to the intent of the tourists

Perhaps a little less conversation is needed

Elvis celebrations should be way down the list of priorities. 

10 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

#thinkingforyourself

though to be fair, lockdown will have left their holiday plans all shook up

I think there are a few suspicious minds as to the intent of the tourists

Perhaps a little less conversation is needed

Dont be cruel

with your suspicious mind, I bet it was heartbreak hotel for them

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

This is all against the backdrop of a vaccine being very close, at any rate, but in the short term... fuck.

A vaccine, for mass distribution is absolutely nowhere near being "very close" that's at least 12 months away yet

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, Spider said:

I can't see them changing this now until after christmas.

Simply because they don't trust the public to behave and quite honestly they're probably right.

Non-mask wearers (expemptions notwithstanding) should now be barred from shops full stop.

Aye, reckon you're right.

Laying the foundations for saying things need to continue for the foreseeable future.

Didn't catch it clearly on the radio, but didn't he say retail employees must also wear masks?

Not just customers. 

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, reckon you're right.

Laying the foundations for saying things need to continue for the foreseeable future.

Didn't catch it clearly on the radio, but didn't he say retail employees must also wear masks?

Not just customers. 

Yes, and hospitality staff

8 minutes ago, Sweep said:

A vaccine, for mass distribution is absolutely nowhere near being "very close" that's at least 12 months away yet

Hope it's not the same scientists working on the covid vaccination that are still working on the aids vaccine.

17 minutes ago, Sweep said:

The science man said could be early next year. Initial one by end of year and mass produced in h1 next year. 

6 minutes ago, Ani said:

The science man said could be early next year. Initial one by end of year and mass produced in h1 next year. 

Ani, I posted this on Thursday

On the subject off a vaccine, 2 of the 3 drug companies have come out this evening ( mainly because Trump is still pushing his timeline)  and give their version of what they expect it to happen ,Moderna have said that if everything goes to plan the trials could be over end of October early November, Pfizer have said mid November, but and this is the big but by the time all off the data has been collected and analysed you will be looking at the April to May timeline for a vaccine. AstraZeneca have not said anything but the trials that have just restarted have only restarted in the UK, the FDA here at the moment have not given approval for the trail to restart

11 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Can't have Esco feeling left out

I’m happy with those extras. Banned from visiting other households means I get out of seeing the in laws for a while which to me is great 

14 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Ani, I posted this on Thursday

On the subject off a vaccine, 2 of the 3 drug companies have come out this evening ( mainly because Trump is still pushing his timeline)  and give their version of what they expect it to happen ,Moderna have said that if everything goes to plan the trials could be over end of October early November, Pfizer have said mid November, but and this is the big but by the time all off the data has been collected and analysed you will be looking at the April to May timeline for a vaccine. AstraZeneca have not said anything but the trials that have just restarted have only restarted in the UK, the FDA here at the moment have not given approval for the trail to restart

Fair enough had not seen that. But Valance certainly indicated earlier yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Mad to chuck the word military in there with no qualification or explanation to it. Leaves it open to be interpreted as anything from materiel support to fucking martial law!

It wont be Military on the streets it will be at Airports, Nuclear Facilities and Parliment/Downing St.....Freeing up coppers to go on the street