Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    2502

  • Spider

    1926

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    1804

  • boltondiver

    1723

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

OK, will do.

Pehaps they could share that data with us?

Maybe they're a bit cautious because last time they initially  got slated for saying 20k would be a good outcome, when they were right, then slated when we went past 20k and slated (and mis quoted constantly) for predicting 550k if we went for herd immunity? 

Whatever they say they'll get criticism. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peelyfeet said:

Maybe they're a bit cautious because last time they initially  got slated for saying 20k would be a good outcome, when they were right, then slated when we went past 20k and slated (and mis quoted constantly) for predicting 550k if we went for herd immunity? 

Whatever they say they'll get criticism. 

True

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

Maybe they're a bit cautious because last time they initially  got slated for saying 20k would be a good outcome, when they were right, then slated when we went past 20k and slated (and mis quoted constantly) for predicting 550k if we went for herd immunity? 

Whatever they say they'll get criticism. 

This with bells on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This with bells on. 

It'll happen again with this. 

If we go over 50k, they'll be accused of underestimating, not doing enough.

If we go under, or only at 50k for a few weeks, folk will say there was no need for restrictions, we over reacted.

Cant win

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, peelyfeet said:

It'll happen again with this. 

If we go over 50k, they'll be accused of underestimating, not doing enough.

If we go under, or only at 50k for a few weeks, folk will say there was no need for restrictions, we over reacted.

Cant win

Well, they can win. We'll never know what might have happened, so, we'll "save thousands of lives"

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Think he got his info from here.

With ref to your other chart re estimated cases, your chart doesn’t take into account exponential growth which is what they are predicting.

Wonder why the charts/data are so different?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Think he got his info from here.

With ref to your other chart re estimated cases, your chart doesn’t take into account exponential growth which is what they are predicting.

Yeah. Tried to copy the link but was beyond me. 
 

Let’s remember they did predict anything they said that is what would happen if infections continued to accelerate. 

Edited by Ani
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, wiggy said:

I know I’m starting to sound like a broken record but my god this isn’t that complicated. If everyone carries on piling into the pub and cuddling up to everyone they see then people are going to die. Might be 100. Might be 1000. Might be 10000. Might be 100000. But people will die. Just stay home for bit and stop moaning.

I’m with Wiggy

Its not fucking hard

If we all just lie low for a bit, put a mask over gritted teeth and fight the good fight, we could all be at the match by Boxing Day.

Worst way, we all over reacted and things are fine.

Im just sick of the fucking moaning to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wiggy said:

I know I’m starting to sound like a broken record but my god this isn’t that complicated. If everyone carries on piling into the pub and cuddling up to everyone they see then people are going to die. Might be 100. Might be 1000. Might be 10000. Might be 100000. But people will die. Just stay home for bit and stop moaning.

There are life/death consequences on both sides.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’m with Wiggy

Its not fucking hard

If we all just lie low for a bit, put a mask over gritted teeth and fight the good fight, we could all be at the match by Boxing Day.

Worst way, we all over reacted and things are fine.

Im just sick of the fucking moaning to be honest.

Yep, if you're out in public, wear a mask, it's not fucking hard.

If you can't wear a mask, stay at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It'll happen again with this. 

If we go over 50k, they'll be accused of underestimating, not doing enough.

If we go under, or only at 50k for a few weeks, folk will say there was no need for restrictions, we over reacted.

Cant win

A very pertinent comment earlier from Boris about this country's liberties and the fact its not easy to take them away. Seems to go against the grain with him which might help explain why we went into initial lockdown a bit later than others.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always wear a face mask

Never in a pub at 10pm

I work from home

Not getting married

Don't live near family

Can't see it making any difference to my daily life at the moment  pretty straightforward to follow id would have thought, they aren't that tough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A very pertinent comment earlier from Boris about this country's liberties and the fact its not easy to take them away. Seems to go against the grain with him which might help explain why we went into initial lockdown a bit later than others.

 

that was for his backbenchers and tory voters, these are the biggest group that don't want any further lockdown. Its got feck all to do with him personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

that was for his backbenchers and tory voters, these are the biggest group that don't want any further lockdown. Its got feck all to do with him personally.

Horse dump.

Of course he has to try and play the ultimate balancing game, but I believe its ingrained in him.

Strangely, I reckon if TM had still been in charge, she'd have been more willing to adopt a more hard line approach where necessary. Bit like the other lady North of the border.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Horse dump.

Of course he has to try and play the ultimate balancing game, but I believe its ingrained in him.

Strangely, I reckon if TM had still been in charge, she'd have been more willing to adopt a more hard line approach where necessary. Bit like the other lady North of the border.

Sorry pal, its the truth - the polls have it thus. Interesting breakdown if it on the Today programme this morning.

So horse dump yer self you big blinkered fanny.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.