Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

what does a non diagnostic machine mean?

She's saying that to be properly diagnosed with covid, you should have a medics opinion based on analysis of your history and symptoms, plus a positive test to be counted as a confirmed case, which in an ideal world would be better - however, we aint got anywhere near enough doctors, or the time to do this, and loads of folk are asymptomatic anyway, so how the hell are we supposed to find the asymptomatic folk in high risk jobs,  without testing?

The point, which she's totally missing, is that there's several inidcators showing that the infections are on the rise.

If there was no rise in hospitalisations, if the virus suddeny mutated to become weaker, if there was a believable study that proved massive amounts of the population alreay had immunity, if we developed treatment that massivey reduced the severity - they'd stop the restrictions ASAP.       

Edited by peelyfeet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 43.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    3457

  • Spider

    2758

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2666

  • boltondiver

    2453

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter

Why would you show a positive result if you didn’t have it?

Genuine question as I know fuck all about the process. I assumed a positive test meant you had Covid-19, rather than a pretend version that gets tinfoil hatters all excited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

Why would you show a positive result if you didn’t have it?

Genuine question as I know fuck all about the process. I assumed a positive test meant you had Covid-19, rather than a pretend version that gets tinfoil hatters all excited.

You'd still be harbouring the virus, which the method looks for.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

 

I don't know what the difference is between a confirmed case and a positive test result

so I googled it

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/covid-19/surveillance/case-definition

now i might be wrong, but based on the below, a positive test result IS a confirmed case? just so I know, before I tweet that Hartley-Brewer back

 

Clinical criteria
Any person with at least one of the following symptoms [1]:

cough
fever
shortness of breath
sudden onset of anosmia, ageusia or dysgeusia

Diagnostic imaging criteria
Radiological evidence showing lesions compatible with COVID-19

Laboratory criteria
Detection of SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid in a clinical specimen [2]

Epidemiological criteria
At least one of the following two epidemiological links:

close contact [3] with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the 14 days prior to onset of symptoms
having been a resident or a staff member, in the 14 days prior to onset of symptoms, in a residential institution for vulnerable people where ongoing COVID-19 transmission has been confirmed

Case classification

Possible case:
Any person meeting the clinical criteria

Probable case:
Any person meeting the clinical criteria with an epidemiological link
OR
Any person meeting the diagnostic criteria  

Confirmed case:
Any person meeting the laboratory criteria

Edited by ZicoKelly
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Spider said:

Why would you show a positive result if you didn’t have it?

Genuine question as I know fuck all about the process. I assumed a positive test meant you had Covid-19, rather than a pretend version that gets tinfoil hatters all excited.

There's always false positives. The tests have a degree of error 

The less % of people that test positive, the higher the % of false positives..

Say for example 1% of tests provide a false positive, and you test 1000 people , none of whom actually have it - you'd get 10 false positives - so basically all of your positives would be incorrect.

conversley if you test 1000 people and 500 of them had it you'd get 500 positives plus 5 false positives - so this time your false positives would be a low % 

Edited by peelyfeet
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Used to give blood. Out of the blue they send me a letter saying I've tested positive for hep-c. 

They do the tests in triplicate after donation to allow for false positives. Two out of three positive apparently. Banned from giving anymore, called into a medical appointment with them, and had to have repeated tests at 6 monthly intervals to check.

Never tested positive again!

PCR isn't perfect, but it's not worthy of dismissal either.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering if anyone can help me something please? I totally get that people will have differing opinions on how we should tackle the current situation. I also understand that some people will think that the current record number of daily cases might not compare fairly with the number of cases recorded earlier in the year when we were testing far less. What I can't get my head round is why an increasing number of people seem to be suggesting that this whole thing is made up. What would be the possible explanation for our Government making this up. Let alone all governments round the world? If you think it's made up, surely you also have to think there is a reason for making it up...?

Edited by wiggy
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Wondering if anyone can help me something please? I totally get that people will have differing opinions on how we should tackle the current situation. I also understand that some people will think that the current record number of daily cases might not compare fairly with the number of cases recorded earlier in the year when we were testing far less. What I can't get my head round is why an increasing number of people seem to be suggesting that this whole thing is made up. What would be the possible explanation for our Government making this up. Let alone all governments round the world? If you think it's made up, surely you also have to think their is reason for making it up...?

have a look at the comments sections on here

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/

or 

https://lockdownsceptics.org/

their reasoning ranges from Bill gates wanting to inject you with a micro chip, a cover up for a satanic paedophile ring run by Joe Biden, a Geroge Orwell 1984 style communist plot to take our liberties, down to a bit of incompetence by Boris.  

Edited by peelyfeet
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

 

What fucks me off with people like this stupid bitch is that they have no responsibility for the impact of publishing their views. All they are bothered about is starting rows. 

I am not saying no one can have a different view than me but whatever you think of Valance and Whitty it is hard to question their intent even if you do not agree with their tactics. They get pilloried for doing their job. 
These shock jocks sole purpose is to create arguments and division.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Ani said:

What fucks me off with people like this stupid bitch is that they have no responsibility for the impact of publishing their views. All they are bothered about is starting rows. 

I am not saying no one can have a different view than me but whatever you think of Valance and Whitty it is hard to question their intent even if you do not agree with their tactics. They get pilloried for doing their job. 
These shock jocks sole purpose is to create arguments and division.  

You can tell by her profile pic that that is what she's in to

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Rudy said:

So considering our Rishi is throwing out tenners all over the gaff and the country will soon not have a pot to piss in, its safe to say that legalising and taxing weed is the way forward??

Legalise weed and coke and the problem is gone within a month

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.