Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

Just strolled into Horwich, bought some fresh meat from Greeleys, loads of fresh veg from the greengrocers, few beers from the co-op and it took about 10 minutes. The lady in the fruit n veg shop was grinning from ear to ear as she's never been busier.

Milk was on the doorstep this morning.

Go local, it's ace.

17 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Had a key handed to me off one of the bar staff today in the Ale House to get in the back door when the pub shuts this weekend.😊

as an over 70, you'll be on lockdown anyway 😀

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Just strolled into Horwich, bought some fresh meat from Greeleys, loads of fresh veg from the greengrocers, few beers from the co-op and it took about 10 minutes. The lady in the fruit n veg shop was grinning from ear to ear as she's never been busier.

Go local, it's ace.

There's going to be some winners out of this and deservedly so, they've had it tough for too long. Hopefully people will see the benefit of keeping cash local. Use them or lose them

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

Go local, it's ace.

Been trying for years. Not easy at times, but don't get supermarket meat, veg from farm shop whenever possible.

Chucks from a house up towards Ainsworth; though they have a lot fewer in winter, as they aren't as productive.

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I have a decent air rifle if anyone needs to start eating squirrels or pigeons.

I've got an air rifle, but won't be needing it, my dog caught a female duck in the garden on Sunday the little shit. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Blondi said:

I've got an air rifle, but won't be needing it, my dog caught a female duck in the garden on Sunday the little shit. 

How did you know it was female? No duck dick.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

So same aim, different current strategy.

"Heavily reducing"?

I'm not sure that is the case with kids still at school and many activities "advisory" for the well/young population.

We'll see if this works. Like a concertina, I guess.

Yep, same aim - its all we can do. Different strategy.

The paper talked about closures of schools, colleges etc so I'd be expecting those to follow fairly soon. it talked about protecting people in NHS so again perhaps schools open with small staff just for NHS workers to keep those on frontline.

I expect public organisations etc to be closing down fairly soon. In terms of measures we're moving now over the next few weeks towards Italy, Ireland, Spain and France. Our plans are basically (with the odd tweak here and there) theirs. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

The under-50 Netherlands cases are infected with a mutation of Corona, provisionally named 'Dos Equis'...

Looking into getting some weaponry mesen...realistic cO2 airguns, maybe an AR-15 with a Beretta 92fs sidearm and some darts to poison tip with Vape Juice.

Might invest in a Rambo knife and a black widow with a big bag of marbles too.