Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

People on twitter are having melt downs because apparently they can’t train. 

improvise! 

I know a couple of blokes who drive half an hour to their gym, then peddle a stationary bike for half an hour. Fucking idiots.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I know a couple of blokes who drive half an hour to their gym, then peddle a stationary bike for half an hour. Fucking idiots.

I do this 😂.

In the winter on a cold dark night, the  WattBike at the gym is a much more sensible option than the push-iron. However if I have to find another option for the next few weeks then so be it. 

However summer nights and most weekends always the bike outdoors (in fact this had better be the last post if I’m out in the morning 😉👋)

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

I do this 😂.

In the winter on a cold dark night, the  WattBike at the gym is a much more sensible option than the push-iron. However if I have to find another option for the next few weeks then so be it. 

However summer nights and most weekends always the bike outdoors (in fact this had better be the last post if I’m out in the morning 😉👋)

Watt bikes 👍Cracking bit of kit

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Saying gyms arent important, just exercise outside (in November?!) just go for a run etc etc is utter ignorant, inconsiderate bullshit. Not everyone can, wants to, or feels comfortable taking to the streets to exercise. If they did, they wouldn't be complaining the gyms are shut.

First world problems

9 hours ago, L/H White said:

if we're gonna lockdown, do it properly

I agree. But we're not, it's riddled with concessions and far too late. We'll see how many people feel like "we're all in it together" this time.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

First world problems

It is what it is.

10 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Saying gyms arent important, just exercise outside (in November?!) just go for a run etc etc is utter ignorant, inconsiderate bullshit. Not everyone can, wants to, or feels comfortable taking to the streets to exercise. If they did, they wouldn't be complaining the gyms are shut.

It’s tosh mate

same with regarding kids football still waiting on official word, hopefully they can team train in bubbles like last time

end of the day bigger picture here exercise & mental health 

Caring about peoples physical and mental health isnt a first world problem.

Theres people on the edge with all this, and exercise is all theyve got. 

Im not talking about lads wanting a pump on either. People in recovery, remission, rehabilitation, obesity issues, physical therapy, anxiety and depression programmes etc etc

Think folk are underestimating the effect closing these places has.

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s tosh mate

same with regarding kids football still waiting on official word, hopefully they can team train in bubbles like last time

end of the day bigger picture here exercise & mental health 

Yet elite sport can continue? Teams and staff still training and travelling, TV crews and media still following them about all over the country. 

Far from a lockdown, this.

• Members
19 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yet elite sport can continue? Teams and staff still training and travelling, TV crews and media still following them about all over the country. 

Far from a lockdown, this.

Teams and staff are in a bubble, and are still tested twice a week 

• Members
21 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

That’s fine but watching these games now there seems more & more people in the stands, surely a cap on media and the amount of stewards needed 

There’s definitely more and more getting in

• Moderators
11 hours ago, royal white said:

I’ve just joined my local gym near where I work (which isn’t cheap) so I’m as pissed odd as anyone. However I feel Keeping open gyms will then lead onto keeping open X then Y then Z and it all goes to shit again. 

Same here, just forked out for a load of PT sessions that will have to wait

I'm pissed off and the gym seems safe enough, but, it's all or nothing and at least this time we know it's for a month

Just hope that everyone does their bit this time and what is required

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The main reason for the second wave is schools and universities. I’d keep schools open but surely universities can close send kids home and let them learn remotely. 

Aye majority are on zoom lectures as it is.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The main reason for the second wave is schools and universities. I’d keep schools open but surely universities can close send kids home and let them learn remotely. 

For one month you might as well keep them in halls rather than potentially sending a load of riddled kids back home to potentially safe environments, if anything that will increase the spread i reckon

40 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Same here, just forked out for a load of PT sessions that will have to wait

I'm pissed off and the gym seems safe enough, but, it's all or nothing and at least this time we know it's for a month

Just hope that everyone does their bit this time and what is required

It won’t be for a month, is my prediction 

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

It won’t be for a month, is my prediction 

Need to get testing up to speed, or it won't be the last time either

Doesn't matter if we test more than anyone else, if folk can't easily get a test or quick turnaround on results

The key is knowing if you have it or not, then isolating, or not

14 hours ago, desperado said:

I do this 😂.

Run/jog - go for a long walk. Its cheap, you are socially distanced and trust me, its much nicer in autumn or winter. Hate gyms, pointless things.