Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

47 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Correct.

But, because of the potential societal consequences; is it her choice?

Yes absolutely it’s their choice as far as I’m concerned 

• Replies 32.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobarp

• Spider

• Tonge moor green jacket

• Mr Grey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

So they've traded off some of the  Leisure and hospitality sector to look as though they are doing something 😏

Remember what most on here we’re calling for around May time? Schools to reopen. That was the key focus. They gave that and are sticking to it. Something has to give somewhere as a trade off sadly. 
personally I would say shut schools and universities and open the pubs and the restaurants so I can go about my life as I was before thank you very much. Not my problem 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Same for smokers, alchys and fat bastards eh. You do chat some shite. 

You constantly claim some sort of moral high ground on Brexit - saying you voted to leave because it’s for the common good, even though 48% of people didn’t agree.

Fair dinkum, vote won, we leave and crack on. And we all hope your wisdom and social care for us all is rewarded.

And yet, something comes along on Covid that doesn’t fit in with your world view/need to drink lager in Spain, and suddenly everyone is a cunt and they’re wrong and it’s bollocks.

Forthnately, these decisions are made regardless of your opinion and a good job too.

As you constantly point out, it’s a democracy, it is what it fucking well is, so let’s all move on.

I've just witnessed the selfish "fuck you, I'll do what I do" attitude first hand, but from someone that would think wants others to be considerate of his situation. Old retired fella in my local, he's in everyday and is a sound guy, I thought til now. He had a fairly bad heart attack last year and got some infection (I don't claim to know the full details) whilst having treatment which has left him unable to manage more than a few steps and not in the greatest of health since. I was speaking to him a couple weeks ago and asked, genuinely, if it was a good idea him still coming in the boozer. His response was along the lines of, it's a risk but my risk to decide to take. Fair enough on that front. 

Turned up for a pint after work today and he's sat there in his usual spot but as I'm ordering my pint I'm told he's just let slip that his niece, that helps him at his home everyday, has tested positive and he's waiting for his result back. 

I understand that the highlight of his day is a few hours in the pub but the selfishness of that seems pretty astounding to me. Especially from someone within the group that we're all trying to protect. What chance is there with attitudes like that. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

There’s quite a bit resting on this vaccine 

What if it doesn’t ever show up?

Herd immunity.

And a lot of dead people

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Where is slab town?

H Town. An old mate of mine always called it slab town or slabbers. I do not know (or more likely remember) why.

It probably wasn't a term of endearment 🙂

33 minutes ago, Spider said:

You constantly claim some sort of moral high ground on Brexit - saying you voted to leave because it’s for the common good, even though 48% of people didn’t agree.

Fair dinkum, vote won, we leave and crack on. And we all hope your wisdom and social care for us all is rewarded.

And yet, something comes along on Covid that doesn’t fit in with your world view/need to drink lager in Spain, and suddenly everyone is a cunt and they’re wrong and it’s bollocks.

Forthnately, these decisions are made regardless of your opinion and a good job too.

As you constantly point out, it’s a democracy, it is what it fucking well is, so let’s all move on.

WTF you waffling on about. You’ve completely lost the plot.

Edited by Mounts Kipper
  • Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

WTF you waffling on about. You’ve completely lost the plot.

I’ll rewrite it into single syllable words later for you.

Sorry.

52 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Remember what most on here we’re calling for around May time? Schools to reopen. That was the key focus. They gave that and are sticking to it. Something has to give somewhere as a trade off sadly. 
personally I would say shut schools and universities and open the pubs and the restaurants so I can go about my life as I was before thank you very much. Not my problem 

They shouldn't have to trade off anything, and they shouldn't punish an employment sector that's not contributing to covid massively, they have classed pubs because they fucked up with the 10pm closing time and made it worse as it created more crowds soon as 10pm struck. Fucking mental.

I'm happy for schools to be back, we have to live with this, do the basics and be responsible. There will always be irresponsible people in every country around the world, there's fuck all we can do about it, but dont punish the majority, it's starting to feel like a dictatorship.

Edited by Mr Grey
7 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

A good bit on vaccines and the effect they'll have here:

Quite interesting reading. I'be said for a while, I just can't see a vaccine being available, for the masses for 6 or 7 months... And then it'll take another 12-18 months before we can get everyone vaccinated. It's certainly not going to be a quick process, sadly.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

They shouldn't have to trade off anything, and they shouldn't punish an employment sector that's not contributing to covid massively, they have classed pubs because they fucked up with the 10pm closing time and made it worse as it created more crowds soon as 10pm struck. Fucking mental.

I'm happy for schools to be back, we have to live with this, do the basics and be responsible. There will always be irresponsible people in every country around the world, there's fuck all we can do about it, but dont punish the majority, it's starting to feel like a dictatorship.

It’s contributing to covid case numbers more than gyms are and look which were opened first? 

it needs to be more like a dictatorship for me sadly because of the actions of the minority. Either that or hard line enforcement which would be my preference personally. Get the scrotes and scutters and hit them where it hurts. And keep doing it and doing it harder and harder. 

55 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Main problem is with that is childcare. 

The economy cant work without kids in school.

For me soon as they opened schools and universities they said goodbye to controlling this virus. Shutting down hospitality and elsewhere is like throwing a glass of water on grenfell tower.

Wont stop fuck all.

Just now, gonzo said:

Main problem is with that is childcare. 

The economy cant work without kids in school.

For me soon as they opened schools and universities they said goodbye to controlling this virus. Shutting down hospitality and elsewhere is like throwing a glass of water on grenfell tower.

Wont stop fuck all.

I was playing devils advocate mate. And I don’t think shutting pubs is going to make much of a difference either and I’m pissed off about it for selfish reasons.  I want my life back to what it was ASAP.

8 pints in the pub and a bag on a Sunday afternoon watching the football with sound on the tele can’t come quick enough 

• Site Supporter

Seeing as this twatting virus is spread by close contact indoors then surely the most likely places you are going to get it as a healthy person is in school/college for kids and pubs/clubs/restaurants for adults?

I mean away from hospitals and care homes obviously that were massively hit on the 1st wave.

4 hours ago, Escobarp said:

That doesn’t answer my question. 

Let me simplify 

tier 3 businesses get x from government. They continue to “trade” and get y income. So total x plus y

lockdown they still get x. No “trade” so no y. So they now have x income. 

yet that’s more financially viable than tier 3? People wrongly believe lockdown comes with the same level of support we saw previously. My point is as far as all available information suggests that isn’t going to be the case. What they get now is what they get. 

so I shall ask again. What do people think makes lockdown more financially viable for the businesses affected by tier 3 restrictions currently? 

I don't think it's as hard to understand as you're making out. One is backed by the scientists as a way to get R below 1, one isn't. 

Whitty said it, the bloke from Sage said it again today - nobody actually believes that the Tier 3 restrictions are enough to get the virus under control, at best they'll maintain it at the level it is. So it's either further restrictions on top of that, or no region is ever coming out of Tier 3.

If your business is unviable in Tier 3 anyway (as 1,000s will be), you might as well pick the circuit break in the hope it's actually effective.

14 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Quite interesting reading. I'be said for a while, I just can't see a vaccine being available, for the masses for 6 or 7 months... And then it'll take another 12-18 months before we can get everyone vaccinated. It's certainly not going to be a quick process, sadly.

Indeed, but it reads to me that we won't be getting everyone vaccinated, just as many of the vulnerable, or potentially vulnerable, as possible. Even then it won't prevent infection in all cases, but I think what it will do is reduce the death rate substantially and result in COVID becoming similar (in terms of deaths, hospitalisations, etc.) to a form of seasonal flu.

(I know it's a coronavirus and not a flu, but you get my gist)