Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fuck me the replies

Everyone arguing with no one

At least on a forum, particularly this one, there's familiarity

That's just noise

Reminds me why I don't bother with conversation on twitter, just read the headlines and keep scrolling

27 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

North west 290 per 100k? And folk expect a relaxation?

where I live we are under 50 per 100k and just about to get our relaxations from Tuesday. 

We're 115 per 100K down here.... Hoping we'll drop a bit below 100 so we can go back as Tier 2 like we were just before this lockdown

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Boby Brno said:

I’m guessing that it will be regions that are allocated a tier rating. This is the latest infection ratings by region. The North West was top for many weeks. The regional restrictions that affected the NW the most have obviously worked.

Tier 2 at 198 and above

Tier 3 at 289 and above

5 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I think the Government are well aware of this and it’s just an arse covering exercise. Plus they’ll think allowing restaurants to open on Xmas Day at £60 a head might bring a smidge of goodwill from the hospitality industry. 

Anywhere that's anywhere is already fully booked for Xmas Day.
Some might struggle to refund...

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

North west 290 per 100k? And folk expect a relaxation?

where I live we are under 50 per 100k and just about to get our relaxations from Tuesday. 

Not long ago regions in GM faced restrictions at other 20

South Australia went lockdown after 6 cases

24 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Not long ago regions in GM faced restrictions at other 20

South Australia went lockdown after 6 cases

South Australia came out of lockdown after 3 days once they found out they didn’t have a mutant Super Covid Virus on their hands 

One resident claimed to have got it from a Pizza box or something 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

South Australia came out of lockdown after 3 days once they found out they didn’t have a mutant Super Covid Virus on their hands 

One resident claimed to have got it from a Pizza box or something 

Just looked this up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-australia-55011790

Fair play for the strict and quick reaction but more proof that you can't rely on folk to do what they need to do

6 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Agree with the 2nd sentence 

Problem is that if there’s v strict rules folk will treat it as if there are none - ie if breaking it will go all the way 

Whereas if there’s moderate ruling I think more are likely to stick to it

Often the way with human behaviour. It’s the reason fad diets etc don’t work 

Anyway I think this Govt are utterly inept and massive shithouses but they can’t win on this one

Suppose it's all opinions. I think people have and would respond more to clear, strict instructions.

I'm not sure how you can have any authority to ask people to adhere to any restrictions ever again, if you arbitrarily decide that five days in December is more important.

Ultimately - it's either a deadly pandemic worthy of unprecedented drastic action, or it isn't.

25 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Just looked this up

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-australia-55011790

Fair play for the strict and quick reaction but more proof that you can't rely on folk to do what they need to door

Another outbreak caused by vulnerability in hotel quarantine.

Most people here now seem to accept early short term pain is worth it if you contain/eliminate Covid, and win long term freedoms. 

8 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

Suppose it's all opinions. I think people have and would respond more to clear, strict instructions.

I'm not sure how you can have any authority to ask people to adhere to any restrictions ever again, if you arbitrarily decide that five days in December is more important.

Ultimately - it's either a deadly pandemic worthy of unprecedented drastic action, or it isn't.

Not sure that makes sense, we are currently in our second lockdown after having a period of relative normality in between. Think most people are now of the opinion that shorter lockdown to nip spikes in the bud would have worked better 

Besides, If the reports are to be believed then the most vulnerable will have been vaccinated and have immunity by the end of January (on a sliding scale from early December). On top of a huge Winter Flu vaccination programme the risk of the NHS collapsing should now be extremely small (huge numbers of these vaccines would have to fail). This was all about stopping the NHS collapsing after all, with that now almost in reach we should be looking at a pathway out of restrictions back towards normality in line with the roll out of the vaccination programme 

By the time Xmas comes around the most vulnerable will be immune. It’s fair enough to ask the rest of the vulnerable group to adhere to say tier 3 restrictions (don’t go to restaurants, gyms, hair dressers etc) for a few more weeks until they get their immunity whilst the non vulnerable enjoy some more freedoms 

30 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Possibly 90% when administered as a half dose then a full 2nd dose. Certainly still great news.

Wonder if they’ve thought of trying 1/2 then 1/2?

23 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Opening up the gyms and the Trafford Centre and encouraging Xmas dinner with granny is great news for the virus.It must be in with a shout of killing 80,000 before the winter is out

Grannies don’t have to go for Xmas dinner, the point is you have the option to go or not to go and rightly so. Time government stopped telling us how to live our life’s. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper