Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

17 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

That would be hysterical if you ask me 

If you shut schools etc from now until the vulnerable have been vaccinated how many lives are you going to save? A few thousand 

How many lives will closing all businesses save, a few thousand more? 

Fucking education up for 15m young people and making millions more unemployed (likely long term) is too high a price to pay to save a few thousand 81 year olds IMO (81 on average) 

Half a million have had a vaccine, slow start but the risk to the NHS should start to rapidly reduce over the coming weeks  

Totally agree shutting schools would be absolutely crazy many kids are struggling with current measures of home schooling in place 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

• Site Supporter

If absolutely EVERYTHING shuts down for 3 weeks, there are no winners and losers. No one gaining an advantage, it’s simply stasis for 21 days.

Lonely folk would pick 3 weeks over 12 months

Decisive, clinical. Fuck everything except this bastard virus for a short spell.

it can be done. Telling you.

Just now, Spider said:

If absolutely EVERYTHING shuts down for 3 weeks, there are no winners and losers. No one gaining an advantage, it’s simply stasis for 21 days.

Lonely folk would pick 3 weeks over 12 months

Decisive, clinical. Fuck everything except this bastard virus for a short spell.

it can be done. Telling you.

There have been no winners and losers anyway. Only In the minds of amoebas. 

same folk who will be taking their own win at Xmas and spreading it like fuck. Cos they’ve earned it and they’ve had enough.  Couldn’t make it up you really couldn’t. 

• Site Supporter

My favourite people of all - the ones who I admire the most - are the ones who nip for a beer and some chips in tier 2 then crow about it on Facebook like they’ve landed in the Maldives for a month and are having their cocks sucked by NFL cheerleaders or summert.

Well done. You don’t look like utter wankers, honest.

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I hope you're right, I'm not as confident as you that it'll start to reduce all that quickly though. I think January will be far worse than December.

The most vulnerable 5m account for half the risk to the NHS, top 15m vulnerable 99% of the risk 

Should be able to vaccinate those top 5m by the end of January if we throw the kitchen sink at it 

February should be much better for the NHS, March even more so, I’d be expecting most places in Tier 2 or 1 back end of February 

Lets not forget, with everything shut for large parts of the next two weeks it’s not far off lockdown 1, should act as a fire-brake to help January 

Just now, mickbrown said:

Once this Oxford vaccine comes on tap, they need to ramp the fuck up.  National emergency, get it fucking out there. Turn every primary school into a vaccination centre, bit like they do with polling stations. Crack on and get every bugger done in a month.

London first 👍🏼

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

My favourite people of all - the ones who I admire the most - are the ones who nip for a beer and some chips in tier 2 then crow about it on Facebook like they’ve landed in the Maldives for a month and are having their cocks sucked by NFL cheerleaders or summert.

Well done. You don’t look like utter wankers, honest.

Why don’t you tell your friend on Facebook that then

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Cheers pal. Just listening to krankie then. R rate for this strain 0.4% higher than other one? That’s startling when you see what a 0.4 difference can do to the spread. Got to hope it doesn’t take a grip up here mate 

Aye it's brutal. 50 % more contagious is hard to get your head around. For all her faults I think she acted decisively on this. Problem is it's already here.

Mad to think this time last year I was off my face mid pub crawl.

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Yes. It’s in law up here 

I'm not sure. Obviously I defer to you, but there isn't a border

Edited by boltondiver

1 minute ago, boltondiver said:

I'm not sure. Obviously I defer to you, but there isn't a border

Well there is technically a border. There isn’t a hard border but one exists geographically. 

the law is there and it works both ways. Folk leaving Scotland to go to England and vice versa. How easy to enforce I’m not so sure. And how keen the police will be also I’m not sure.