Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Close down every motorway in Britian and fill every van and lorry to the brim with fucker and get it dispatched.

Lock every cunt down till all hospitals and care homes are fully loaded with it.

This with fucking bells on.

Have a countdown and everything.

February the 15th can be Independence Day. Queenie can do a big speech and everything.

Massive party, then back to work, no half terms.

This should have the same priority as an incoming nuke.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

All the pubs in Bolton town centre have been closed since 17 October. It looks like they will be closed for a minimum 3 more months

Vaccine and a free pint.

Still cheaper than extending lockdown.

Get Them Open

Edited by Spider

Interesting they are now prioritising first injection with second with 3 months. 

So given that 15m people accounts for 99% of deaths. We should revert to full lockdown (unless there is evidence  tier 4 works). This will be in place untill the 15m are vaccinated. The circuit breaker gives hope that the case numbers drop. Based on Govt projections of 1m per day the 15m should be doable by end of Jan. We can then start reopening stuff up. Based on one injection is it possible to do 60m in 3 months ? It is about 1m per day. Then do second injections over next 3 months ?  If you did this everyone could be vaccinated by end of March !!! 
Do we have enough vaccines ? People  ? Resources ? I dunno but it seems we are quite good at short term National efforts but shit at longer term ones. 

7 minutes ago, Ani said:

Interesting they are now prioritising first injection with second with 3 months. 

So given that 15m people accounts for 99% of deaths. We should revert to full lockdown (unless there is evidence  tier 4 works). This will be in place untill the 15m are vaccinated. The circuit breaker gives hope that the case numbers drop. Based on Govt projections of 1m per day the 15m should be doable by end of Jan. We can then start reopening stuff up. Based on one injection is it possible to do 60m in 3 months ? It is about 1m per day. Then do second injections over next 3 months ?  If you did this everyone could be vaccinated by end of March !!! 
Do we have enough vaccines ? People  ? Resources ? I dunno but it seems we are quite good at short term National efforts but shit at longer term ones. 

It was what was suggested by some medical experts at the outset. I think I posted something similar that some bod on the radio was saying about doing just this. Get the first jab into as many folk as possible and then look at the 2nd jab. 

without wanting to sound overly negative I can’t see we have much other option than Lockdown. It’s the last thing I personally want but it may be the way we suffer the least economic pain now rather than dragging this on. 

or we go back to what many of us have said and lock the vulnerable down hard. It is them that we are suffering for. 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

It was what was suggested by some medical experts at the outset. I think I posted something similar that some bod on the radio was saying about doing just this. Get the first jab into as many folk as possible and then look at the 2nd jab. 

without wanting to sound overly negative I can’t see we have much other option than Lockdown. It’s the last thing I personally want but it may be the way we suffer the least economic pain now rather than dragging this on. 

or we go back to what many of us have said and lock the vulnerable down hard. It is them that we are suffering for. 

It is not the vulnerable that are taking up beds though ( as far as I know). Protecting the vulnerable stops folk dying, think we need a lockdown to control infections. Just hope they do something clear and decisive. I can almost see tiers 5,6,7, 8 and 9 being introduced 🙄🙄

• Site Supporter

This is our generations D-Day.

Only we have to watch telly and piss about on our phones.

Never will a generation face an easier battle.

Total lockdown and get the army shipping the vaccine

Anti-vaxxers (apart from medical exclusions) can be loaded onto the military trucks and taken to the Brecon Beacons for a good hard think

7 minutes ago, Ani said:

It is not the vulnerable that are taking up beds though ( as far as I know). Protecting the vulnerable stops folk dying, think we need a lockdown to control infections. Just hope they do something clear and decisive. I can almost see tiers 5,6,7, 8 and 9 being introduced 🙄🙄

So who is in the hospital and ICU beds then? Ive not seen anything detailing so I just assumed vulnerable

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just been on ITV news that hospitals in Essex and the South-East are being overwhelmed with some patients remaining in ambulances as they have no spare ICU capacity. The medical expert then said patients are going to be moved to the North where Intensive Care is available.

Also pleading with the general public to start locking down further, dismissing the myth that it’s an old-folk illness. Many 20s & 30 year olds on ventilators.

On local radio down here yesterday they had somebody from Lister Hospital (Stevenage) saying the average age of people they've got intubated is around 45 years old,he was at pains to say this is now no longer just something that's makng "old" people very ill. He suggested that whilst these people might not die, they're still holding up vital needs for a couple of weeks at a time

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So who is in the hospital and ICU beds then? Ive not seen anything detailing so I just assumed vulnerable

Was on the news this morning saying that younger folk,  who previously thought they were immune by age and fitness are taking up many of the beds. 

14 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

As detailed in replies above. There will be a lot of vulnerable in there ( my post implied none which is bollocks). But the younger folk who get it bad but survive ironically end up in hospital longer than folk who die. 

The reality for a lot of us on here is that 45+ plus males with a bit of timber are very much target market for the virus in terms of long term health implications. 

22 minutes ago, Spider said:

This is our generations D-Day.

Only we have to watch telly and piss about on our phones.

Never will a generation face an easier battle.

Total lockdown and get the army shipping the vaccine

Anti-vaxxers (apart from medical exclusions) can be loaded onto the military trucks and taken to the Brecon Beacons for a good hard think

Those who wilfully refuse - spray their faces with that indelible dye that security companies stick in cash transit cases.

Or make them ring a bell and shout 'Unclean! Unclean!'

Nah that's daft.

Maybe a star stitched onto all their clothes?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Those who wilfully refuse - spray their faces with that indelible dye that security companies stick in cash transit cases.

Or make them ring a bell and shout 'Unclean! Unclean!'

Nah that's daft.

Maybe a star stitched onto all their clothes?

I was thinking of a tattoo. Numerical.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Ani said:

As detailed in replies above. There will be a lot of vulnerable in there ( my post implied none which is bollocks). But the younger folk who get it bad but survive ironically end up in hospital longer than folk who die. 

The reality for a lot of us on here is that 45+ plus males with a bit of timber are very much target market for the virus in terms of long term health implications. 

Aye, as obvious as it's been for some time than it's more than just a flu is that vulnerable doesn't necessarily mean old or already ill with something else

And that locking them down and cracking on doesn't mean hospitals won't be overwhelmed, and stating people die every day anyway means nowt

Add to that we still don't know the long term impact for those who catch it 

There's no short term fix or short cuts to be taken 

We've pissed about too much already, got to now keep things tight till vaccination, no more chances

Edited by ZicoKelly

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I was thinking of a tattoo. Numerical.

Some form of I.D. papers would be necessary too.

My sister (b-cup) told me she wasn't having it...

Me: "Why?"

Her: "How they got this vaccine so quick?"

Me: "Erm, some of the best bioscientists worldwide dropping everything to work on it, billions chucked at it, the potential massive windfall for any company that makes a breakthrough etc."

Her: "I'll probably have it then."

Me: "If you grow two heads and peg it I'll spend the compo wisely and get you a nice headstone.

She's never off fucking Twitter and Facebook - she used to be a lot more normal.

She voted for Brexit and couldn't give me a single reason why, now she's against it. 😒

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Sweep said:

On local radio down here yesterday they had somebody from Lister Hospital (Stevenage) saying the average age of people they've got intubated is around 45 years old,he was at pains to say this is now no longer just something that's makng "old" people very ill. He suggested that whilst these people might not die, they're still holding up vital needs for a couple of weeks at a time

18 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Was on the news this morning saying that younger folk,  who previously thought they were immune by age and fitness are taking up many of the beds. 

Saw this.

Need some more reports and interviews with young ones who are in hospital. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Told not to return to work for 10 days. 
They’re gonna stop football sooner or later 

Footballers and staff should be vaccinated as priority

• Members
2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Footballers and staff should be vaccinated as priority

Think because the FA Cup is this weekend and there’s a good chance a lot of the lower league teams have cases it’s going to be potted