Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Members
15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

He's also, so I've heard, just won the annual raffle for the special edition NYE F5000. It's made of cooling marble, and will have his name engraved on the underside. As a little treat, this year's version has a little hand sanitiser attachment (next to the pube tugger). He's a very lucky boy.

Finally it’s marble, wipeable. The Velour edition is starting to look like a flapjack 

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How old are they?

Just listening to the doctor this morning- the people currently in icu were on average younger than before. That’s his hospital.

If we chuck in the fact from your figures etc that percentage of younger people infected actually going into hospital is low, then that shows that a much larger number of younger people are being infected, and predominantly by this new strain.

As we have seen before, once this happens, older groups follow slightly later.

Essex has declared a major incident this morning- we don’t need that happening all over.

We’ll see

I expect we’ll get to know the outcome of the picture this afternoon; T4, reviewed every 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Can’t get it out quickly enough, best bit of news for a while. There really does need to be thousands of places capable of doing the jab and if they haven’t already got enough staff trained up to administer the jab, it’s a massive fuck up.

just seen a Dr on the news there are 301,000 of them and he said if they do 220 job done 

38 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Think I just heard on the radios that the Oxford vaccine best efficacy is when it’s taken 12 weeks apart. If so thats far from ideal. 

No it is ideal. What they have also said is that during the 12 week period the vaccine provides the same level of efficacy. The boost is to elongate the period it is effective.  

The priority is therefore to get as many as possible with first injection. 

I predict the slogan to be ‘more injections than infections’ 

3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I've been off the past few days so I'm out if the loop. Not been asked to cancel mine yet which I'm taking as a positive!

hope you are having a good rest/break