Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Cheers. 

Furlough has meant we've not really felt any financial issues and I know that isn't the same for everyone, probably yourself included. 

My Mrs has done 8 years off anti-depressants but we're probably going back on em. 

Shit year for loads of people for loads of different reasons. 

In fairness, we've just about managed financially by (a) deferring/not paying our July tax bill and (b) burning through our savings.

A sustained period of no trade in early 2021 might make life very tough for us, but it's only money at the end of the day. We've still got our health etc and that's more important than money, which is why I hope your wife pulls through soon.

We've known each other for ages now and if you ever need an ear to bend, just shout, mate.   

16 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

I can imagine mate, awful events.

If you ever feel inclined, just give me a shout and I'd look into if you like ? Got a lot of very useful contacts in that field.

One boxset I watch is Auschwitz  - Final Solution. Was on the BBC and very detailed.

It's on Yesterday channel today from 8am to 2pm (9am to 3pm on Yesterday+1).

3 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Western Australia just put up a hard border with Victoria based on just 5 community cases.

Potentially fucks up my plans as I was going to enter WA next week from South Australia. Left Victoria on Boxing Day but unsure if this good enough. 

Yeah, that was in the air for the last couple of days. My daughter lives less than 80 miles North of Albury, which is the NSW/Victoria border and they were looking for somewhere to go for Xmas & New Year and decided to head North instead.

11 hours ago, fatty said:

No objection to tier 4 except being unable to travel abroad but it pisses me off that our rates are lower than Liverpool’s and they’re just tier 3. 

That's what you get for complying. The science bends around you. See also...

34 minutes ago, Traf said:

Yeah, that was in the air for the last couple of days. My daughter lives less than 80 miles North of Albury, which is the NSW/Victoria border and they were looking for somewhere to go for Xmas & New Year and decided to head North instead.

Albury is lovely, visited there in October. NSW is now Australia's pariah, Victoria's cases came from NSW. 

I thought she was moving to Mackay, QLD rightly or wrongly? 

2 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Albury is lovely, visited there in October. NSW is now Australia's pariah, Victoria's cases came from NSW. 

I thought she was moving to Mackay, QLD rightly or wrongly? 

They're actually in Mackay now, as it happens, but they ended up doing what was morally right and settled in NSW. 

NSW sponsored their arrival or something, so they felt honour bound to give it a go there, but they're well away from the cities etc. They've set up home and got jobs and a school for our grandson in Wagga Wagga, about 3 hours inland (West) of Canberra. 

Just now, Traf said:

They're actually in Mackay now, as it happens, but they ended up doing what was morally right and settled in NSW. 

NSW sponsored their arrival or something, so they felt honour bound to give it a go there, but they're well away from the cities etc. They've set up home and got jobs and a school for our grandson in Wagga Wagga, about 3 hours inland (West) of Canberra. 

To be honest mate, I think they'd be happier in NSW. Bit more civilised, imagine Mackay full of hard drinking racists. 

I haven't been to Wagga Wagga but been doing a lot of travelling around Aus and have come to the conclusion the smaller towns are far friendlier. Found most Melbourne folk very "coffee shop" friendly for instance. Bit shallow in other words. 

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Shocking decision this by the Tories, closing primary schools in Tory controlled areas but keeping many Labour controlled areas schools open, do they ever learn. 

I’m a northern Tory but am struggling with how the government are going about certain things. My resolve is being tested. 

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Around a 1080 back in May wasnt it ?

A few days were over 1,000, in April

re vaccinations; I want the government to shock us with action, like Israel are doing