Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 41.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    3301

  • Spider

    2551

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2493

  • boltondiver

    2234

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter

September...

Teachers: Its not safe, cases are going up, can we see what Sage have said?

Government: fully open 

October

Teachers: loads of cases in schools struggling for staff and kids isolating. Can we see what Sage say

Government: no.. schools stay open 

December: we're at breaking point, teachers burnt out, off with stress etc

Government: schools stay open, everyone else stops.. kids are not a risk. 

Xmas..

Teachers. New variant, affects kids.. Sage have said schools are risky.. can we do something?

Government:schools stay open..

Two weeks later.. 

Stagger start, primary schools stay open..

Last week.

Teachers: cases up, schools are not safe, schools need to close. 

Government: primary schools stay open.

 

.. 

 

Basically they ignored every bit if advice, cases shot up in September when they reopened. Had they worked out some system to manage the amount of kids in, it wouldnt have gotten to this point, instead they ignored all advice. 

Can't blame teachers for being scared,  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, only1swanny said:

September...

Teachers: Its not safe, cases are going up, can we see what Sage have said?

Government: fully open 

October

Teachers: loads of cases in schools struggling for staff and kids isolating. Can we see what Sage say

Government: no.. schools stay open 

December: we're at breaking point, teachers burnt out, off with stress etc

Government: schools stay open, everyone else stops.. kids are not a risk. 

Xmas..

Teachers. New variant, affects kids.. Sage have said schools are risky.. can we do something?

Government:schools stay open..

Two weeks later.. 

Stagger start, primary schools stay open..

Last week.

Teachers: cases up, schools are not safe, schools need to close. 

Government: primary schools stay open.

 

.. 

 

Basically they ignored every bit if advice, cases shot up in September when they reopened. Had they worked out some system to manage the amount of kids in, it wouldnt have gotten to this point, instead they ignored all advice. 

Can't blame teachers for being scared,  

Only a small minority are mate 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Allow people to take an inch some will take a mile. We really need to lockdown hard. Look after everyone financially as best we can and folk don’t leave the house. As much as mentally not being able to walk about will kill me it’s the only way I think?

Agreed fella. The amount of kids/youths I see in groups around were I live is astonishing, I see it every day on my dog walks. Police just drive past. 

Everyone I know is doing the right things, then there's these kids in gangs and groups and it's now started pissing me off, why should I bother if nobody else is, shit attitude but that's how people are looking at this now, some don't give a fuck.

Strict lockdown needed while we roll out these fucking vaccines, before we all go stir crazy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
5 hours ago, Traf said:

Mid to late November?

Half term was last week in October, graphs not the best to say exactly when they started to level off, but I'd imagine it had an effect..

2nd lockdown was that time too, but we weren't in lockdown all through the summer when it was low. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Great to see the  Oxford vaccine starting roll out this morning. 

We should close the schools for months, maybe a few weeks delay for Secondary schools. For the life of me I can't see why teachers aren't on the priority list for vaccination. 

I am sure we all know people who aren't behaving as they should, but it beggars belief that we have a life saving vaccination and some of the fuckers don't turn up for the appointment. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Shut all schools

Fuck their education

Allow them all to become smackheads

Give the teachers what they want

STOP ALL THESE KIDS DYING

It isn't the kids dying but those they pass it on to, but you know that already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Posted (edited)

2 million doses a week with Oxford vacc.

That should get all vulnerables done by mid February?

Restrictions eased end of Jan, surely?

Edited by Spider
Link to post
Share on other sites

I work in an office with 400 staff. Everyday we get reports of how many people have symptoms/positive test/negative tests.

Are they closing the office - NO

Do I expect them to close the office - NO

Has anyone died - NO

People need to get a grip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

2 million doses a week with Oxford vacc.

That should get all vulnerables done by mid February?

Restrictions eased end of Jan, surely?

No, there are folk getting a kick out of everyones lives being messed up. 
 

It wont be any different for 12 months

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

2 million doses a week with Oxford vacc.

That should get all vulnerables done by mid February?

Restrictions eased end of Jan, surely?

When do they reach that figure? - they're being very vague about when they'll get to producing 2M per week, and also, I'm not sure we've worked out how to actually administer 2M injections per week yet have we?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Has anyone died - NO

Not yet. And if you've got 400 people working in an office then it sounds like you've been very lucky. Perhaps much luckier than the people that these 400 staff have passed it on to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spider said:

2 million doses a week with Oxford vacc.

That should get all vulnerables done by mid February?

Restrictions eased end of Jan, surely?

Maybe certain restrictions, but I can't see much changing until after March and then it'll be very slowly. Hope I'm wrong, but all the experts are saying the more we rush back, the longer we'll have restrictions.

August/sept things might look a bit better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Horwich said:

No, there are folk getting a kick out of everyones lives being messed up. 
 

It wont be any different for 12 months

Nah

If - and it's a big if with this lot - they can get 2 mill a week done, then there's no reason not to start lifting restrictions.

I'm happy with a 4 week, balls out lockdown as long as it's the last one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Not yet. And if you've got 400 people working in an office then it sounds like you've been very lucky. Perhaps much luckier than the people that these 400 staff have passed it on to.

Fucking hell. 400 people in a office? We have a max of 10 in ours occasionally 12 if we have student nurses. Have to wear a mask at all times (unless eating or drinking) and be 2 meters apart. Fucking hard work when your office is the size of a shoe box. Sure we have smallest office at Breightmet HC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I work in an office with 400 staff. Everyday we get reports of how many people have symptoms/positive test/negative tests.

Are they closing the office - NO

Do I expect them to close the office - NO

Has anyone died - NO

People need to get a grip.

400??

Fuck me, do you sell penny stocks?

The Wolf Of Wall Street: How Accurate Was The Film's Depiction Of Jordan  Belfort's Life? - CINEMABLEND

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I work in an office with 400 staff. Everyday we get reports of how many people have symptoms/positive test/negative tests.

Are they closing the office - NO

Do I expect them to close the office - NO

Has anyone died - NO

People need to get a grip.

Office with 400 people? In one room? Bollocks you have.

I'm guessing it's fancy as fuck, spread out over multiple floors,  air conned up to the max and you've all got lovely office desk pod efforts, all nicely socially distant.

Now imagine cramming 30 snotty little bastards in a room not much bigger than my living room. Replace said snotty little bastards with another 30 snotty little bastards every hour. All day. All week.

Not really the same is it?

I can see why Swanny is thinking, 'fuck that'.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.