Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I wonder how effective their data gathering etc was/is particularly for outlying areas.

Also given their ignorance at the beginning.

They happily announced the other day that they'd had no new cases, that was the same day as one of my contacts who lives in Shenzhen, her husband, was diagnosed with it 🤨

I appreciate there may be a lag in reporting these things, but to think the problem for them has gone away, is probably a bit early

Also, today, one of our factories has advised that DHL, TNT and FedEx are now refusing to pick up any parcels for delivery into Europe (The Schengen bit) - UK is OK for now, so we'll get our bits, but there is a fucking massive backlog of products starting to build up in the various ports around China that simply can't be shipped to anywhere

I've noticed a worrying trend regarding those born and bred here or thereabouts - who got ideas above their station, thought they were better than us and decamped to that London (or as I spell it S-H-I-T-H-O-L-E, shithole) to earn £6000 a week in pretend jobs, £5866 of which goes on weekly rent of a boxroom in a slum terrace shared with eight other deluded goons...anyway now they're all redundant and at high risk of infection in the rats' nest they've made home, they're slinking back up here, bringing with them disease and tedious tales of there always 'being something on...' in their adopted sordid griefhole.

Well they should be refused entry - they made their elitist bed, they should lie in it.

15 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I've noticed a worrying trend regarding those born and bred here or thereabouts - who got ideas above their station, thought they were better than us and decamped to that London (or as I spell it S-H-I-T-H-O-L-E, shithole) to earn £6000 a week in pretend jobs, £5866 of which goes on weekly rent of a boxroom in a slum terrace shared with eight other deluded goons...anyway now they're all redundant and at high risk of infection in the rats' nest they've made home, they're slinking back up here, bringing with them disease and tedious tales of there always 'being something on...' in their adopted sordid griefhole.

Well they should be refused entry - they made their elitist bed, they should lie in it.

I think an original Youri "tophat" sketch would cheer up the nation, or maybe the one of Nolan doing some pointing

45 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You're considered a key worker, surely?

She will be but school hours only covered. Social distancing will present a problem which doesn’t seem to have been thought about with who can care for the kids out of school hours. 

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I wonder how effective their data gathering etc was/is particularly for outlying areas.

Also given their ignorance at the beginning.

Do they eat each other as well seeing as they seemingly eat everything else 🤷‍♂️

Could be a way of hiding the true number of dead😬

38 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm not overly convinced we've ever had the true numbers from China, my contacts there have painted a very bleak picture and suggested that they may have had more deaths than reported

Agreed, I’m treating the Chinese figures with large pinch of salt. 

• Site Supporter

Horwich town centre was bustling earlier. Shoppers using the local businesses etc.. The mood was very pleasant. It’s a nice day, everyone appears healthy and a lot of folk will just carry on as normal.

That is the big danger.

The woman at the greengrocer was on the internet trying to buy a Bentley after the week she’s had.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Masks don't protect you from the virus though.

aye, though to be fair, they stop you from spreading it, if you have it and don't realise

like was posted the other day, don't act like you don't already have it and don't want to catch it, act like you have it and want to curb the spread

26 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Do we know that for sure, China wasn’t as bad as Italy this seems a peculiarly high level of deaths.  Think we will no more in a fortnight, I suspect deaths elsewhere will be less and hope that’s exactly the case. 

This is the daily number of  TOTAL deaths and the growth rate in UK over last week.   

We  have been growing faster than Italy and Spain were at the same stage.

10 deaths

21 deaths (+110%)

35 deaths (+67%)

55 deaths (+57%)

71 deaths (+29%)

103 deaths (+45%)

144 deaths (+40%)

All of these deaths were infected 2-6 weeks before they died. The death number is a reflection of how many people were infected a few weeks prior. The people who will die in the UK over the next 10 days will have been infected before the social distancing has had chance to take effect

If we continue this progress over the next 10 days, which is likely, below is the Total deaths with the daily in brackets, (assuming 35% growth every day, which is roughly what happened in Spain and Italy 10 days after they were at our stage)

Fri      194 deaths (50)

Sat     261 deaths  (67)

Sun    352 deaths (91)

Mon   475 deaths (123)

Tue    641 deaths (166)

Wed  865  deaths (224)

Thu  1,167 deaths (302)

Fri    1,575 deaths (408)

Sat   2,126 deaths (551)

Sun  2,870 deaths (744)

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

This is the daily number of  TOTAL deaths and the growth rate in UK over last week.   

10 deaths

21 deaths (+110%)

35 deaths (+67%)

55 deaths (+57%)

71 deaths (+29%)

103 deaths (+45%)

144 deaths (+40%)

All of these deaths were infected 2-6 weeks before they died. The death number is a reflection of how many people were infected a few weeks prior. The people who will die in the UK over the next 10 days will have been infected before the social distancing has had chance to take effect

If we continue this progress over the next 10 days, which is likely, below is the Total deaths with the daily in brackets, (assuming 35% growth every day, which is roughly what happened in Spain and Italy 10 days after they were at our stage)

Fri      194 deaths (50)

Sat     261 deaths  (67)

Sun    352 deaths (91)

Mon   475 deaths (123)

Tue    641 deaths (166)

Wed  865  deaths (224)

Thu  1,167 deaths (302)

Sat   2,126 deaths (551)

Sun  2,870 deaths (744)

The SAGE report has just been on sky news. Guy going through it reckons it’s nearer Christmas before restrictions will be lifted.

That will cause a total meltdown of society 

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

But goes back to my question 

regarding schools how do they police who’s parents are key workers and not 

most could tip up yeah in a key worker off you pop 

We got an email from school with a link to a webpage to go to if you were on of a list of jobs. 

10 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

10 deaths

21 deaths (+110%)

35 deaths (+67%)

55 deaths (+57%)

71 deaths (+29%)

103 deaths (+45%)

144 deaths (+40%)

Fri      194 deaths (50)

Sat     261 deaths  (67)

Sun    352 deaths (91)

Mon   475 deaths (123)

Tue    641 deaths (166)

Wed  865  deaths (224)

Thu  1,167 deaths (302)

Sat   2,126 deaths (551)

Sun  2,870 deaths (744)

I’ll follow these figures closely, I think it’s scaremongering and I know it’s not intentional, let’s hope I’m correct. 

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

The SAGE report has just been on sky news. Guy going through it reckons it’s nearer Christmas before restrictions will be lifted.

That will cause a total meltdown of society 

I've not seen that yet, will have a read.

I think if our death rate continues to grow faster than Italy and Spain over the next few days, the reports from hospital front lines are going to start to come in.

Nurses and Doctors are going to die.

Hopefully the general public are going to realise that we can't continue walking around town centres like normal for most of this year. 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I’ll follow these figures closely, I think it’s scaremongering and I know it’s not intentional, let’s hope I’m correct. 

Mounts. It’s fact. Interpret it as you wish but the facts won’t change no matter how you read them pal 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Mounts. It’s fact. Interpret it as you wish but the facts won’t change no matter how you read them pal 

It’s not a fact, it’ll be a fact if next week his figures are something like he’s quantified. I don’t believe they will be. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Germany's death to cases ratio is very very low. Any ideas why that might be?

Germany tests 160,000 per week. We’ve done 50,000 in total. Means that they are finding all their cases. South Korea have done huge testing too and are also seeing a low reported death rate.

Its simply that their data is more accurate.

We have found a tenth of our cases probably or even worse....

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

It's maths. hopefully the maths is wrong.

I've looked at the progression rates in Italy, Spain, France, USA - everyone is following the same path -  I have no evidence to suggest why its going to be any different here.

The people who will die over the next few weeks are already infected, what did we do to stop the infection 2-3 weeks ago - Boris told us to wash our hands - it might have worked, time will tell.

growth rates are below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_United_Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Spain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_France

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

It's maths. hopefully the maths is wrong.

I've looked at the progression rates in Italy, Spain, France, USA - everyone is following the same path -  I have no evidence to suggest why its going to be any different here.

The people who will die over the next few weeks are already infected, what did we do to stop the infection 2-3 weeks ago - Boris told us to wash our hands - it might have worked, time will tell.

growth rates are below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_the_United_Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Italy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_Spain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_coronavirus_pandemic_in_France

As spider posted Germany death rate much lower it does not follow that deaths here will mirror the Italian death rates,  in fact I’m convinced they won’t. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Germany tests 160,000 per week. We’ve done 50,000 in total. Means that they are finding all their cases. South Korea have done huge testing too and are also seeing a low reported death rate.

Its simply that their data is more accurate.

We have found a tenth of our cases probably or even worse....

apparently they don't test post mortem too, so anyone dying out of hospital wont be counted - don't know if this will have much of an effect at the moment, suspect its because they've tested more in an earlier stage of the pandemic, like S Korea.