Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Lass made me a brew yesterday. Knew she was a teacher so asked how come she was off, making convo and all that. 

Said her teaching assistant had tested positive and she was having to isolate and was awaiting test results.

Yeah thanks love. Really nice covid brew that.

(34dd)

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, SatanGreavsie said:

and the quote from him on wiki:

In a television interview in December 2020 he called for healthcare and scientific experts to be "put in their place" and said: "We're [the government] paying too much attention to health professionals and scientists on health and science issues."

Where the fuck do we get these people from? Oh and he's apparently on the Parliament Ecclesiastical Committee  - so presumably his wisdom comes from a higher power

He's a nobber. 

Anyone acting in this way should have the whip removed. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Tombwfc said:

Anyway, the idea that our numbers are higher than elsewhere because of the way we're counting them is incorrect. 

Care to elaborate, or just opinion. 

Countries don't even define a case of covid in the same way.

Many countries aren't capable of undertaking an accurate excess deaths assessment- I posted a link a few days ago explaining it.

If a particular nation had a rate orders of magnitude above another of a similar wealth and development then that would suggest a major issue.

However, a 'league table" being used without any further investigation as to underlying reasons why, are potentially destabilising and risk prolonging the situation. 

Shouldn't have been done from the word go, as it becomes a weapon for all sorts of parties.

A very simple Google search can yield potentially helpful information. 

Population density for example; first study listed is here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7439635/

All relevant in developing methods to combat the spread.

Perhaps some more reference to this sort of information wouldn't go amiss at the briefings; it might help journalist in their reporting.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

52 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You my friend are are a Turd 💩

It's a fair point. Do you just not think its a little sixth form? It's trying to hard to be profound and ends up sounding, well a bit, Kevin the teenager.

Although my favourite lyricists are Stephen Malkus, Silver Jews, Frank Black with a dash of early Bragg and a smattering of Morissery. So a bit different from.old Brown. I quite liked the first song he did with the samples from John Glenn. 

Oh and Dylan, always Dylan.

The reason I like them.is that even without the tunes they still sound amazing.

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Care to elaborate, or just opinion. 

Countries don't even define a case of covid in the same way.

Many countries aren't capable of undertaking an accurate excess deaths assessment- I posted a link a few days ago explaining it.

If a particular nation had a rate orders of magnitude above another of a similar wealth and development then that would suggest a major issue.

However, a 'league table" being used without any further investigation as to underlying reasons why, are potentially destabilising and risk prolonging the situation. 

Shouldn't have been done from the word go, as it becomes a weapon for all sorts of parties.

A very simple Google search can yield potentially helpful information. 

Population density for example; first study listed is here:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7439635/

All relevant in developing methods to combat the spread.

Perhaps some more reference to this sort of information wouldn't go amiss at the briefings; it might help journalist in their reporting.

Do the “excess death” charts not give an accurate overall summary, then?

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Do the “excess death” charts not give an accurate overall summary, then?

Amongst the countries capable of producing them, yes. 

Even then, some will massage their figures.

Beyond that, more scientific analysis is going to be needed to truly understand how this thing "goes about its business".

It may even become relevant to how we plan and build cities in the future, how we travel, how we produce food etc. 

The scientist on the China documentary the other day was quite relaxed and smiling when he said it "it will happen again, we all know it".

Quite chilling, and clear that preparation isn't just about having lots of medical capacity, but something far more reaching. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

There is no way countries in South America, Africa and even India will have an idea how many have died from Covid.

Chuck parts of China into that.

Again though, opportunities for developing nations to look at how they can improve their society in the future.

Also good news that 60m doses of the Scottish vaccine have been ordered. Needs approval yet, but looking promising. 

Does concern me that we might have an outbreak of gingerism though.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Again though, opportunities for developing nations to look at how they can improve their society in the future.

Also good news that 60m doses of the Scottish vaccine have been ordered. Needs approval yet, but looking promising. 

A vaccine has been developed for pure blood Anglo-Saxons.

Its called “ale”.

That’s us sorted 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Wee Jimmy will be keeping it all for them - 10 doses each

4 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Talking to textile agent yesterday he said over 80 city’s/ regions back under lockdown in China, don’t think it’s ever been in control. 

Speaking to my suppliers, and they're in a massive panic over Chinese New Year, when about 500KK of them will be travelling left, right and centre. I know that Hebei Province has had several outbreaks and a few places are back under strict lockdown

I agree with you that it's never been fully under control - I've mentioned on here before, a few months ago when they announced how they had no cases in Wuhan for weeks/months, that was definitely bollocks, because the husband of one of my contacts tested positive.....and he lives smack in the middle of Wuhan

The main "engine" of China, for my products, is Shenzhen area, and they've already banned anybody who works in a "frontline" position (police, hospital etc) from travelling over CNY, they have to stay in Shenzhen. They're also saying anybody that does travel out of the province will have to quarantine  for two weeks when they return - and when they say quarantine, it's like a full house arrest, you're not allowed to set so much as one foot out side your door, or you'll be arrested

They're still under restrictions where they are allowed no conversations with anybody outside their house (unless necessary of course), so no idle chit chat at work or in the street if you see a friend or neighbour, you literally are not allowed to say "hello" to them, or you can be arrested. Going to work, you still have to be temp checked on the way into the factory and on the way out - anybody found to have the virus, the entire work place is shut down. 

They no doubt still have the virus there, but I think probably not as many deaths because as soon as they find a case, they're happy to put in place a proper localised lockdown

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The scientist on the China documentary the other day was quite relaxed and smiling when he said it "it will happen again, we all know it".

Quite chilling, and clear that preparation isn't just about having lots of medical capacity, but something far more reaching. 

It's always happened over history, it'll get worse as well now that there is so much international travel - fuck knows what would have happened if Spanish Flu or the Bubonic Plague happened these days

1 hour ago, Winchester White said:

There is no way countries in South America, Africa and even India will have an idea how many have died from Covid.

True, a lot of those places, certainly India, probably don't know how big their own population is. There could be entire villages in the Africa wiped out and we'd never get to hear about it

Just now, Sweep said:

True, a lot of those places, certainly India, probably don't know how big their own population is. There could be entire villages in the Africa wiped out and we'd never get to hear about it

Same in Thailand and Vietnam amongst many other SEA countries. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

It's always happened over history, it'll get worse as well now that there is so much international travel - fuck knows what would have happened if Spanish Flu or the Bubonic Plague happened these days

I think the inference is that it will become more frequent as population grows and increasingly rubs shoulders with nature. Like mating with pangolins.