Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

My sister and my brother in law had their jabs. Wondering how they managed that. Apparently their doctors had 4 left over vials from.people.not turning up and they needed to use them or else they have to get rid. The receptionist is a friend of my sister, gave her a call as she's a teacher and Dr said fine, my sister then said what  about her husband (who works in Air conditioning) and he got one! Wondering if this happens a lot. 

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

My sister and my brother in law had their jabs. Wondering how they managed that. Apparently their doctors had 4 left over vials from.people.not turning up and they needed to use them or else they have to get rid. The receptionist is a friend of my sister, gave her a call as she's a teacher and Dr said fine, my sister then said what  about her husband (who works in Air conditioning) and he got one! Wondering if this happens a lot. 

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/leftover-covid-vaccines-younger-people-154815914.html

I'm sure i just heard on the radio that we've only managed to jab about 250K people in the last 24 hours  -  I presume that's not correct, or maybe it's just England.....I thought we were supposed to be cruising at upwards of 400K per day by now

• Site Supporter

BBC reported a little earlier that Belgian authorities have raided the AZ site.

Oh, and sweep, they've arrested a nob head for sending a suspicious package to the Wrexham site yesterday. Production was temporarily halted whilst it was removed.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yes. I know a few.

25 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'm sure i just heard on the radio that we've only managed to jab about 250K people in the last 24 hours  -  I presume that's not correct, or maybe it's just England.....I thought we were supposed to be cruising at upwards of 400K per day by now

Must be supply issues I would have thought. But if vaccines are given on an appointment basis unless people are being turned away this must have been expected ? 

• Moderators

Covid denier conspiracy theorist dies with virus after refusing to wear mask or follow social distancing rules

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13876449/covid-denier-conspiracy-theorist-dies-refusing-mask/

A CONSPIRACY theorist who refused to wear a mask or follow social distancing guidelines died a day after testing positive for coronavirus.

Gary Matthews, of Shrewsbury, Shropshire, had been ill for a week before he died on January 13.

The 46-year-old didn't believe the virus was real and shared his belief on online forums.

Mr Matthews is understood to have told a local conspiracy theorist that he had asthma but his family were not aware of his condition.

They suggested he might've carried an inhaler with him to avoid having to wear a mask.

His family said the keen painter didn't adhere to social distancing guidelines and continued to meet with friends throughout the pandemic.

Was just thinking that it is going to be very tight getting to the target of 15m by February 15th. It means 19 days all with 400k vaccinations. Tricky given we've only done that 3 times and have been warned about reduced supply in the coming weeks.

But then remembered that the Government's promise was actually to offer the vaccine to those 15m people. And what we don't know of course, is how many people have been offered the vaccine but decided not to have it. Could be 5m people....

More that you need to be there when they get to the end of the appointments with a few boxes left.

They need to use them or they get fined so the cleaner, receptionist and odd job man get what is left.

Find out when the last appointment is, hang around the front door and see if you get dragged in. 

10 minutes ago, Nowack said:

More that you need to be there when they get to the end of the appointments with a few boxes left.

They need to use them or they get fined so the cleaner, receptionist and odd job man get what is left.

Find out when the last appointment is, hang around the front door and see if you get dragged in. 

Its not MAGALUF  free shots 

21 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Chuck Scotland in, and you'd imagine its still 300000. Nowt wrong there.

The bigger thing for me is the vaccinations being done on an appointment basis, so unless there are reports of appointments being cancelled this must be in some way planned so hopefully not an issue

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Ani said:

The bigger thing for me is the vaccinations being done on an appointment basis, so unless there are reports of appointments being cancelled this must be in some way planned so hopefully not an issue

Ever more centres being opened- unibolt started today apparently, and more in Scotland. 

Be reet.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yes