Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

some thoughts;

If you look at the numbers, both Italy and Spain have significant jumps in number of deaths, like step ups.

We might be on the same trajectory or not.

Italy went for a few days of around 30/day, which is where we are currently.

I don’t think that we, as onlookers, have enough data to say whether we are on the same trajectory, as we don’t know how many folks are in a serious condition.

I’d also be interested to know the numbers in Italy away from Lombardy/the North.

This might give us up here a sense of how it might unfold for us.

It doesn’t feel here like it’s the end of the world as we know it.

it's here

https://lab.gedidigital.it/gedi-visual/2020/coronavirus-i-contagi-in-italia/

• Site Supporter

The SAGE report suggested intermittently making the restrictions more severe, then releasing them for a period, then back again to total lockdown.

It's all aimed at stopping the NHS getting overwhelmed. The acceptance is that 80% of us will get it. All these efforts are geared at management. Which makes sense.

But. But.

Something about the concentration of cases in Italy and Spain makes me think it's not the whirlwind it appears based on that. I honestly reckon a fair few of us have had it and don't know.

The real proof would be in those antibody tests, which can't come soon enough. They could end this madness quickly.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

The SAGE report suggested intermittently making the restrictions more severe, then releasing them for a period, then back again to total lockdown.

It's all aimed at stopping the NHS getting overwhelmed. The acceptance is that 80% of us will get it. All these efforts are geared at management. Which makes sense.

But. But.

Something about the concentration of cases in Italy and Spain makes me think it's not the whirlwind it appears based on that. I honestly reckon a fair few of us have had it and don't know.

The real proof would be in those antibody tests, which can't come soon enough. They could end this madness quickly.

That makes sense to me but how difficult that would be in practice is anyone’s guess. 

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Sounded very much fingers in ears to me, very brexit like.

I have got a bad feeling about all this.

On a really optimistic note, a poor old bloke the missus was looking after last Sunday died yesterday on the Covid isolation ward. I am starting to worry it is getting all rather close to home.

There is some evidence playing out in front of us what this virus is capable of.

Don't go Andy Burnham on us now! :)

On a more positive note; Lancashire county council are looking at redeployment of personnel not in essential services to provide support to the elderly/vulnerable, by ensuring they have shopping, medicines etc.

Whether it will be needed, guess we'll see.

5 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Lombardy the runaway leader, and as we know that's where 100k from Wuhan reside now.

That guy whose link I put up the other week wasn't a conspiracy theorist or Nostradamus,  just purely pointing out factual evidence related to the numbers returning from Wuhan after their New Year and where it would be most likely to spread.

He's been spot on so far.

31 minutes ago, Nobster said:

Been told to prepare for big announcement at 5pm, I think it might be lockdown time.

The rumours are that all pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc in London will be told to close and that 1.5m at risk people (asthma etc) will be instructed by the NHS to self isolate

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Lombardy the runaway leader, and as we know that's where 100k from Wuhan reside now.

That guy whose link I put up the other week wasn't a conspiracy theorist or Nostradamus,  just purely pointing out factual evidence related to the numbers returning from Wuhan after their New Year and where it would be most likely to spread.

He's been spot on so far.

Perhaps repost for us?

• Site Supporter
Just now, dave2980 said:

The rumours are that all pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc in London will be told to close and that 1.5m at risk people (asthma etc) will be instructed by the NHS to self isolate

Cue lots of people of social media in the north having a fucking field day taunting cockerneys

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Cue lots of people of social media in the north having a fucking field day taunting cockerneys

Let’s rename it the Cockney Virus

23 minutes ago, Spider said:

39 today

Levelling out?

I wish you are right but fear we will be in the hundreds before that happens. 

look at pictures on the tube and people’s stories on here we are not doing enough.