Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 43.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    3457

  • Spider

    2756

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2664

  • boltondiver

    2451

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We're partially in the current situation because of people deciding they don't need to toe the line in the first place. You can blame them for the current removal of freedoms, and the more draconian ones that will possibly come into force.

Although to be fair, I think most people do accept why the current restrictions are in place and stick to them, it's those who think "it's not me, I'm being sensible, it's everybody else" who are the problem

Spot on. 
 

when sage or whoever did their initial modeling it would have been based on a certain % of compliance. Your general scum bags etc they would have already discounted. It’s the people who are “it’s everyone else not me I sanitize” that are a massive part of the problem. 
 

along with those of the mindset I’ve played the rules all along so I’ve earned the right now to break them. It’s the governments fault , Barnard castle , Cummings 😴😴😴. Right there is the problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Escobarp said:

So why are we still washing hands and all that? Is that not part of the ongoing advice still? 

I stopped washing my hands months ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I stopped washing my hands months ago

Hard to wash your hands when a can of brew dog is attached to them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Is that because Dominic Cummings didn’t wash his hands once?

You bring Cummings up a lot. As Boris said at the time the rules are open for interpretation. 
The backing of Cummings was bizarre at best and just gave the impression that there was no real leadership. 
Ultimately most people breaking the rules would have done anyway but it was a terrible message. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is that because Dominic Cummings didn’t wash his hands once?

I'm just lazy

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ani said:

You bring Cummings up a lot. As Boris said at the time the rules are open for interpretation. 
The backing of Cummings was bizarre at best and just gave the impression that there was no real leadership. 
Ultimately most people breaking the rules would have done anyway but it was a terrible message. 

Not really. Maybe 8 times in maybe 6 months and often then in bursts using his name in replies to discussions across maybe a day or so so probably 3 separate times. Not a lot really but anyway

 

was a shocking message. Did you break the rules and justify it with that? Don’t think so. Did I? Nope. So my point is valid mate sorry 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Not really. Maybe 8 times in maybe 6 months and often then in bursts using his name in replies to discussions across maybe a day or so so probably 3 separate times. Not a lot really but anyway

 

was a shocking message. Did you break the rules and justify it with that? Don’t think so. Did I? Nope. So my point is valid mate sorry 

I am not going back through counting but I bet it is nearer 10. 🤓

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ani said:

I am not going back through counting but I bet it is nearer 10. 🤓

😁maybe mate. But it’s just a lame excuse. Same as I’ve not seen anyone for months and stick to the rules so we’re having Xmas type of excuse. 
 

It’s all they are. Excuses. Non are justifiable but it is what it is. Hopefully this will be over soon and we can all get back to living how we want without the need to make up excuses like some 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Spot on. 
 

when sage or whoever did their initial modeling it would have been based on a certain % of compliance. Your general scum bags etc they would have already discounted. It’s the people who are “it’s everyone else not me I sanitize” that are a massive part of the problem. 
 

along with those of the mindset I’ve played the rules all along so I’ve earned the right now to break them. It’s the governments fault , Barnard castle , Cummings 😴😴😴. Right there is the problem. 

When stupid rules are in place folk won’t follow them, such as  can walk across a golf course with your dog and family member but can’t  play golf on your own, can meet with umpteen people at home but can’t sit in a controlled environment while eating a meal in a family bubble, if curfew 8pm comes can go for a walk at 2pm while it’s busy but can’t walk at 8pm when it’s quiet on the streets, that’s 3 rules where I’d take opposite view to government rules. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Don’t want praise just doing our jobs 

They should open the boozers and have a foot soldiers only policy for a month. Leave the WFH Types out of it 

And that’s all everyone is doing doing their jobs pal.  Different strokes and all that. All make the world go round 

Edited by Escobarp
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

When stupid rules are in place folk won’t follow them, such as  can walk across a golf course with your dog and family member but can play golf on your own, can meet with umpteen people at home but can’t sit in a controlled environment while eating a meal in a family bubble, if curfew 8pm comes can go for a walk at 2pm while it’s busy but can’t walk at 8pm when it’s quiet on the streets, that’s 3 rules where I’d take opposite view to government rules. 

But you’re missing the point mate. Folk DO follow them. Read on here. You’ve met many folk off here who are doing exactly that. Following the rules!! . It’s an excuse sorry. We see eye to eye on most things but not this. 
 

im as frustrated as you are believe me. Living in an area with under 90/100kand harsher restrictions than London at 1500+. 

Edited by Escobarp
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

They should open the boozers and have a foot soldiers only policy for a month. Leave the WFH Types out of it 

And that’s all everyone is doing doing their jobs pal.  Different strokes and all that. All make the world go round 

What about supermarkets 9-10 foot soldiers only? Getting rather busy these days 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kent_white said:

For when you simply have to get some sleep after a night shift! :)

Not done a night shift for 6 years thank christ. 4am the other nurses would have to come and do a well being check on me incase I'd topped myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

But you’re missing the point mate. Folk DO follow them. Read on here. You’ve met many folk off here who are doing exactly that. Following the rules!! . It’s an excuse sorry. We see eye to eye on most things but not this. 

I’m not following stupid rules i will follow rules I feeI are right & proper, I will continue to use my common sense.

The only chance I have of catching anything is through my wife as she’s at school every day, I’m working from home not seeing family members outside of my immediate bubble and exercising on my own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Booked in for my jab on Monday. I'm genuinely excited about getting an injection! :)

Girls at work said it's really well organised. In and out. Bit of a sore arm day after but that's it 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

I’m not following stupid rules i will follow rules I feeI are right & proper, I will continue to use my common sense.

The only chance I have of catching anything is through my wife as she’s at school every day, I’m working from home not seeing family members outside of my immediate bubble and exercising on my own. 

And like I say. Sorry that sums it up. Enjoy your weekend pal 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What about supermarkets 9-10 foot soldiers only? Getting rather busy these days 

100%. Should be free home deliveries like @Sweepgets. Priority slots as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bolton_blondie said:

Not done a night shift for 6 years thank christ. 4am the other nurses would have to come and do a well being check on me incase I'd topped myself. 

Me either for about 2 years. Absolutely used to wreck me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.