• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Escobarp

• Spider

• Tonge moor green jacket

• boltondiver

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Perhaps common sense works. 

I presume you're not suggesting that only those not using common sense are the only people catching it.......

• Site Supporter
42 minutes ago, Spider said:

Well I’ve just had to take my lad to A&E for a suspected fractured ankle (home footballing accident the daft shite).

Hes ok, and is back home with crutches and will milk it to death.

Was in and out in less than an hour.

A&E had 3 patients in the adult section and just my lad in the children’s part.

The nurse described it as a bizarre day. Seen barely anyone all day.

Then told me they were turning the kids A&E section into a spare ward for Covid patients, of which there are still a lot.

Its creepy down there. Weird.

Every hospital is different I expect. The missus works in ED (not Bolton) and they are stupid busy. Staff shortages and obviously having to split the dept with covid/non covid patients means they are really struggling. Add in the fact that there are hundreds of covid positive patients taking up beds means they can't shift folk up to the wards as quick as they would like.

Clear in all latest comms from Govt that they will have offered 12.9 m vaccines by mid Feb. Rather than delivered. Nothing they can do about people not attending. 

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

When you WFH do you put the cones out in your back garden?

Don’t be stupid. I get the child to do that. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Spider said:

Well I’ve just had to take my lad to A&E for a suspected fractured ankle (home footballing accident the daft shite).

Hes ok, and is back home with crutches and will milk it to death.

Was in and out in less than an hour.

A&E had 3 patients in the adult section and just my lad in the children’s part.

The nurse described it as a bizarre day. Seen barely anyone all day.

Then told me they were turning the kids A&E section into a spare ward for Covid patients, of which there are still a lot.

Its creepy down there. Weird.

Will be used as a separate holding area no doubt. 

Red chairs are for covid and chest issues .. blue for non covid.. so if you have breathing issues you need to sit with covid patients..

So hardly ideal..

Might have been quiet but there are 2 double doors to the main emergency part and reckon it will have been manic in there. 

Didn’t expect that to show we have a huge problem. Glad you posted it 🙄

still not sure what comparisons are achieving but upto individual preference.

And if folk are ,as the post says , congratulating the vaccination effort and comparing it to others then they have no come back against it really. 

6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Didn’t expect that to show we have a huge problem. Glad you posted it 🙄

still not sure what comparisons are achieving but upto individual preference.

And if folk are ,as the post says , congratulating the vaccination effort and comparing it to others then they have no come back against it really. 

To demonstrate to the obtuse, deliberate or otherwise, that we have a big problem on our hands 

10 months in and some still refuse to accept it

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

To demonstrate to the obtuse, deliberate or otherwise, that we have a big problem on our hands 

10 months in and some still refuse to accept it

You think that’s going to make a difference really mate? There are supposed medical professionals posting graphs with commentary to say this shows we don’t have a problem and it’s usual for this time of year etc and it’s a hoax. 

If folk still think we’ve no problem now then I hope that the government administer lethal injections masquerading as vaccines to them. Wishful thinking though 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

You think that’s going to make a difference really mate?  

Probably not 

But it validates the point if nothing else

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

Go 3 posts back

Yes but you’re not going to change peoples opinions you know this. You could post a graph from a top scientist saying we are all going to die in two days and the same folk will come Out with the same stuff, some will blame Boris , some Will say there’s no problem and some will say everyone else will But them as theyve got common sense  

people are not for budging. 

Hundreds of fans gathering to see arrival of marine and Spurs players. No social distancing and only the odd mask. Lots of police stood watching. No idea why they didn’t just move them along when they started gathering.  Complete shit show.

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Yes but you’re not going to change peoples opinions you know this. You could post a graph from a top scientist saying we are all going to die in two days and the same folk will come Out with the same stuff, some will blame Boris , some Will say there’s no problem and some will say everyone else will But them as theyve got common sense  

people are not for budging. 

You can but try

Just now, boltondiver said:

What?!

Talking about a rise in cases like it's ultimately a positive

Herd immunity was dismissed as a strategy in march

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

Talking about a rise in cases like it's ultimately a positive

Herd immunity was dismissed as a strategy in march

I was stating a fact, that we will get there more quickly.

Vaccination gets you herd mmunity, that's what it's for!