Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

It's a bit like remembrance groups that are springing up everywhere. I'm not having a go here because I fully support the notion that we should remember those who fought on our behalf.

But it's almost becoming a dick swinging contest about who does it best. 

The Royal Legion tend to have it nailed but seem to have had to up its game in recent years to make sure they get the donations rather than anyone else.

Again, I know people mean well, but it gets a bit too competitive at times.

Miami has it right on Twitter (and I'll thank him now for it ☺️) with his daily reminders of fallen troops.

Keep it in the limelight, but just chuck a fiver at the Royal Legion in October. We're a dignified country, let's keep it that way.

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

It's a bit like remembrance groups that are springing up everywhere. I'm not having a go here because I fully support the notion that we should remember those who fought on our behalf.

But it's almost becoming a dick swinging contest about who does it best. 

The Royal Legion tend to have it nailed but seem to have had to up its game in recent years to make sure they get the donations rather than anyone else.

Again, I know people mean well, but it gets a bit too competitive at times.

Miami has it right on Twitter (and I'll thank him now for it ☺️) with his daily reminders of fallen troops.

Keep it in the limelight, but just chuck a fiver at the Royal Legion in October. We're a dignified country, let's keep it that way.

Fucking hell, I've just fainted.

You stalking tinker 😉 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

nice thought, but it'd just be another day on the piss, we could do with a bank holiday around the end of June I reckon - make sure that it's in school holidays though, so that teachers don't benefit from it and end up with an extra day off

Of course, you're right. 

They're going to do something, just not sure another statue for entitled cunts to throw paint over is a good idea.

If they do something, just hope they get it right.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Of course, you're right. 

They're going to do something, just not sure another statue for entitled cunts to throw paint over is a good idea.

If they do something, just hope they get it right.

If i was to guess, then I reckon it'll be a statue, and it'll be on that spare plinth in Trafalger Square

15 minutes ago, Spider said:

As an aside, I will say that you have some seriously fucking weird followers.

Besides me.

12 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I can't help who follow me unfortunately 

You can ban/block them can't you?

This is what I don't get about Twitter, why do people take to following other random "ordinary" people - I'm not on Twitter myself, but I've seen screen shots where people have 10K+ followers and also follow back 10K+ people - well that's just fucking odd surely, as it must be impossible to read the input of 10000 people on a daily basis.

I understand people following news outlets, both normal MSM and non-MSM (if that's what we refer to them as now. Why though, would say a boke who works on the bins in Stoke want to follow a housewife in Surrey to see what her opinion is on something? - is it not just all a thing for people to say "Ooh, look how many followers I've got, aren't I great"

I think I'm just old and don't understand 🙂

Edited by Sweep

5 minutes ago, Sweep said:

You can ban them can't you?

This is what I don't get about Twitter, why do people take to following other random "ordinary" people - I'm not on Twitter myself, but I've seen screen shots where people have 10K+ followers and also follow back 10K+ people - well that's just fucking odd surely, as it must be impossible to read the input of 5000 people on a daily basis.

I understand people following news outlets, both normal MSM and non-MSM (if that's what we refer to them as now. Why though, would say a boke who works on the bins in Stoke want to follow a housewife in Surrey to see what her opinion is on something? - is it not just all a thing for people to say "Ooh, look how many followers I've got, aren't I great"

I think I'm just old and don't understand 🙂

I follow back out of politeness to be honest, but only look on what is trending etc, would be impossible keeping pace with every follower.

2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I can't help who follow me unfortunately 

Nobody would be any the wiser if you didn't put their shite on here.

That Isle of Wight m0ngo t'other day for example...

His feed was entirely made up of pictures of owt vaguely 'millenial' (Eddie Izzard, fat dobbers, catwalk blokes in pink kilts, teen non-binarys etc.) with "WTF?" as a comment.

And a strange aversion to The SNP, whilst pretty much living in France himself.

Anyway, back to topic, when I found out I cried and cried and cried. I'm going to dress in black forever, amputate my fingers in mourning Dani tribe of Indonesia stylee, I'm selling everything I own and putting the proceeds behind the bar at Farnworth Vets Club, I built a flagpole out of chopsticks this morning and have raised my Union Jack boxers to half-mast...

Oh aye, if he's cremated I'm going to commit suttee.

But only after I've engaged a former member of Arkan's 'Tigers' on the darkweb - to track down and contract kill traitor Gonzo.

Is this is about him who did the sponsored walk? Oh, balls to him. Did you see the size of his pad? He had a swimming pool ffs...

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Nobody would be any the wiser if you didn't put their shite on here.

That Isle of Wight m0ngo t'other day for example...

His feed was entirely made up of pictures of owt vaguely 'millenial' (Eddie Izzard, fat dobbers, catwalk blokes in pink kilts, teen non-binarys etc.) with "WTF?" as a comment.

And a strange aversion to The SNP, whilst pretty much living in France himself.

Anyway, back to topic, when I found out I cried and cried and cried. I'm going to dress in black forever, amputate my fingers in mourning Dani tribe of Indonesia stylee, I'm selling everything I own and putting the proceeds behind the bar at Farnworth Vets Club, I built a flagpole out of chopsticks this morning and have raised my Union Jack boxers to half-mast...

Oh aye, if he's cremated I'm going to commit suttee.

But only after I've engaged a former member of Arkan's 'Tigers' on the darkweb - to track down and contract kill traitor Gonzo.

Is this is about him who did the sponsored walk? Oh, balls to him. Did you see the size of his pad? He had a swimming pool ffs...

There's some stuff I put on who I don't follow and likewise. You'll have to jog my memory re the Isle of Wight mongo.

41 minutes ago, Sweep said:

nice thought, but it'd just be another day on the piss, we could do with a bank holiday around the end of June I reckon - make sure that it's in school holidays though, so that teachers don't benefit from it and end up with an extra day off

They won't be back by then if (the unions) can help it

8 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The Vaccine:

I assume if you are on the NHS database and have an NHS card/number you will be contacted and offered a vaccine, when it's that particular age/group you are in.

Q: What about the ones who are not on the NHS database, who don't have an NHS/MEDICAL number ?

Would a lot of these be illegal immigrants? You would assume there are and they won't be immune, they will still contract and transmit the virus, and its never really under control, there will also be a good number of those who don't want the vaccine, including anti-vaxxers.

Was talking to the head cleaner at work today, Dot, Jamaican lady and 71 years old, said she isn't having the vaccine, she has also never had a flu jab and is in good health and doesn't need it, she said the vaccine as not been tested enough she also says she believes in God and the lord. Everybody at work thinks the world of Dot and I for one respect her views, some won't and will deem her selfish. 

10m vaccines done out of a 68m population, fucking fantastic effort. Out of 68m how many do we think will be vaccinated ? 60m ? Still leaves a lot of people to transmit the virus and any new variants.

It isn't going to be perfect and this virus is probably never going to go away.

you know dot at work dont be buying her a Valentines card

soon she will GET DEAD 

23 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The Vaccine:

I assume if you are on the NHS database and have an NHS card/number you will be contacted and offered a vaccine, when it's that particular age/group you are in.

Q: What about the ones who are not on the NHS database, who don't have an NHS/MEDICAL number ?

Would a lot of these be illegal immigrants? You would assume there are and they won't be immune, they will still contract and transmit the virus, and its never really under control, there will also be a good number of those who don't want the vaccine, including anti-vaxxers.

Was talking to the head cleaner at work today, Dot, Jamaican lady and 71 years old, said she isn't having the vaccine, she has also never had a flu jab and is in good health and doesn't need it, she said the vaccine as not been tested enough she also says she believes in God and the lord. Everybody at work thinks the world of Dot and I for one respect her views, some won't and will deem her selfish. 

10m vaccines done out of a 68m population, fucking fantastic effort. Out of 68m how many do we think will be vaccinated ? 60m ? Still leaves a lot of people to transmit the virus and any new variants.

It isn't going to be perfect and this virus is probably never going to go away.

Thought you was the head cleaner?