Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Ah, apologies. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying you wouldn't have the vaccine until potential side-effects were fully known. Ignore me. 🤦‍♂️

(I actually mis read your post so edited mine)

• Site Supporter

University of Nottingham Molecular Virologist, Prof. Jonathan Ball has just been on Sky News talking about the vaccine studies bringing great data from the animal experiments. 

I’ve just thought, are vegans anti vax if they know experiments on animals took place or will they turn a blind eye because they know it’s ok to kill a few rabbits for the sake of mankind?

Or will they join the queues at the vaccination station* and demand a minute’s applause in thanks for Flopsy’s sacrifice?

1 minute ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Had my first vaccination this morning.

It was like a military operation 

In & out within 10 minutes & must have seen about 40 others being processed through in that time. They must be clearing over 1,000 in a day!!

The one in our local town is apparently doing 700 per day, which is well impressive

19 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

😁

Have you got any yet?

None here, its just pissing it down. We've got an amber snow warning for late tonight / early tomorrow morning though, apparently up to 5cm,which means the entire place will grind to a halt no doubt

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Horwich said:

You have probably already had it. We all probably have.

Me and the missus did antibody tests a few weeks back as her work gave her some kits.

I was convinced we’d have had it. But nope, all clear. And 8 people at her place tested positive not so long back.

Dunno why there aren’t more antibody tests available, would give a better picture

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Etjj12aXcAIj5eO?format=png&name=medium

More progress. Hopefully the next few weeks will see even sharper drops

We’re just about starting to move into the territory now where we ramped up the number of vaccines done per day and people had their 3 weeks to gain some immunity. The next few weeks will be very interesting to see the comparative info

2 hours ago, Sweep said:

The one in our local town is apparently doing 700 per day, which is well impressive

2 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Lazy southerners 

😂

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Staying in because it might snow.

Update, apparently they've done over 1200 already today up until 5 o'clock, and they're open until 7

Great going really

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Fair enough.

Still think getting antibody tests out would speed up getting out of this

A waste of money now that vaccines are flowing.

You'll still get a vaccine if you've already had it, but they won't open up society if it turns out loads have already got some antibodies. 

There is also the (pillar 4?) random testing of folk going on which will yield an estimated figure.