Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter

I’m WFH

Home schooling

Cooking

Tidying up after a pair of kids who seem to have grenades they let off every hour

And somehow managing to remain devilishly handsome and maintain an air of casual cool that surprises even me.

Piece of piss

1 minute ago, Spider said:

I’m WFH

Home schooling

Cooking

Tidying up after a pair of kids who seem to have grenades they let off every hour

And somehow managing to remain devilishly handsome and maintain an air of casual cool that surprises even me.

Piece of piss

I knew your job was a piece of piss.

All this moaning about steel.

22 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Apologies, i'm just a bi over senstve about it when we have struggled this year like lots of people have through no fault of their own and now and either having to work harder or waiting around to see if there is a job for them. The gvt's annoucements this week is the right thing to do to take this re-opening slowly but its leaving a lot of people in very worrying positions and its been like this since last year. Takes its toll a bit, didn't mean to bite anyone's head off.

Except for Spider, he can get fucked. 😉

No worries. I've reread my post and it does look like I'm taking the piss.

• Site Supporter

I read that a lot of people on furlough are fed up because they feel worthless and that their jobs don’t matter. That those of us still turning a wheel are the genuinely important members of society.

They feel that maybe they’ve been found out a little.

And they’d be right.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Spider said:

I’m WFH

Home schooling

Cooking

Moaning

Piece of piss

I've not got it in me to read eleventy pages a day on this every day, but my thoughts on Eat Out to Help Out are that it was done with good intentions and did save some businesses from going under.

I'd like to see it reintroduced as early as possible, but with an alcohol ban. Therefore, you're eating out to help out, not eating out to get pissed with your mates.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I read that a lot of people on furlough are fed up because they feel worthless and that their jobs don’t matter. That those of us still turning a wheel are the genuinely important members of society.

They feel that maybe they’ve been found out a little.

And they’d be right.

You're going to be getting a lot of phelgm in your food come reopening.

Hey that's capitalism for you. The person who scans food in tesco is valuable but we deem it low skilled and therefore low paid. 

Basically furlough if you look at it is maslow's hierarchy of needs writ large, we sort out our basics - food, health - in times of crisis. Jobs that can function around self-actualisation usually have a higher societial value (ie monetrary worth) in western democracies - aslo also because its many of these roles that push a society forward beyond health and food - across scientific and artistic achievements, meaning we are not focused on just where the next meal is coming from or dying at 25 from preventable health issues.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

You're going to be getting a lot of phelgm in your food come reopening.

Hey that's capitalism for you. The person who scans food in tesco is valuable but we deem it low skilled and therefore low paid. 

Basically furlough if you look at it is maslow's hierarchy of needs writ large, we sort out our basics - food, health - in times of crisis. Jobs that can function around self-actualisation usually have a higher societial value (ie monetrary worth) in western democracies - aslo also because its many of these roles that push a society forward beyond health and food - across scientific and artistic achievements, meaning we are not focused on just where the next meal is coming from or dying at 25 from preventable health issues.

Just joshing with you there chief.

Whats the first thing people want when this shit ends????

Entertainment. The arts. Hospitality.

You're our beacon in the darkness my friend.

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Here's your ticket out of it pal, our UKRTC tests will be pivotal, starting from next week 👍 

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Here's your ticket out of it pal, our UKRTC tests will be pivotal, starting from next week 👍 

The lateral flow tests are how they discovered a nursery assistant at my daughters place had it 

Opened again today 

They test twice a week 

It'll probably be shut again soon 

They don't shut the whole place though, just the room affected

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

The lateral flow tests are how they discovered a nursery assistant at my daughters place had it 

Opened again today 

They test twice a week 

It'll probably be shut again soon 

They don't shut the whole place though, just the room affected

Yes, they've been running the trials for a while now.

6 hours ago, Carlos said:

Just turned 50, scary as it sounds. I get the impression it's largely dependent on how your GP is getting on, Harwood must be allocated fucking loads as everyone is old. A few don't want it and bingo.

They rang me today and booked me in - harwood also and I’m a young whipper snapper (albeit asthmatic) 

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Of course we fucking need to, what sort of statement is that

Weird. Seems like something may have been misconstrued or taken out of context.

Simon Stevens only saying yesterday that another booster of a different vaccine might be needed in the autumn, so it may be something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I know, just like being the site's pretentious arse.

Plus I've had a lot of zoom meeting gs today I could tune out of.

My Mrs has been on furlough since November. Reckon she's getting potted on Monday as she's got a call from the boss (her first contact with work since going on furlough). 

It's helped with home schooling to be fair.

Thinking about trying to both wfh with 2 kids at home in lockdown 1. 0 gives me Vietnam style flashbacks... You don't know man you weren't there! 

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Some leaked stuff banded about from the daily heil this morning...

Pubs will be after May bank holiday I reckon. Rule of 6 outside and same family inside.

Outdoor sports Mid-april.

Seen all that earlier. If that’s the case you will be a few months earlier than up here I think. Just a joke that she’s basically changing to essentially every adult being vaccinated before opening things up from what I’m reading.