Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just got jabbed at the Etihad this morning.  National booking system only let me in on Monday evening (in 60-65 group no underlying health conditions).  Could have gone y’day but working, Unibol first available appt was 8/3.

Etihad was on an industrial scale but not busy. Appt was 1130, rocked up at 1105 and was back in car done at 1115.

31 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

You need a licence to drive, a passport to travel abroad so why not have a vaccine passport, the sooner we all get National I.D cards the better, have it chipped when you've been vaxed, simple

Agreed 100% on that, it's ridiculous that we haven't got them. We should also be taking peoples DNA when they're born and put on a database as well, that's another thing that nobody can ever give a good reason for not having (apart from thinking it's all possibly part of some ridiculous control mechanism the illuminati want)

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Agreed 100% on that, it's ridiculous that we haven't got them. We should also be taking peoples DNA when they're born and put on a database as well, that's another thing that nobody can ever give a good reason for not having (apart from thinking it's all possibly part of some ridiculous control mechanism the illuminati want)

The DNA things odd..

I'm a goody two shoes.. don't break laws etc never have but I still would be funny about having my DNA on a database. Can't explain it. 

Kids back on the 8th.. i think 2 infections can lead to a school closure for deep clean.. so its going to be a very staggered start. 

12 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

The DNA things odd..

I'm a goody two shoes.. don't break laws etc never have but I still would be funny about having my DNA on a database. Can't explain it. 

Kids back on the 8th.. i think 2 infections can lead to a school closure for deep clean.. so its going to be a very staggered start. 

Nobody ever can explain it, it's very odd. If it was taken at birth though, then you'd probably feel differently and wouldn't give a fuck. I think adults going and volunteering to do it would probably feel weird. As you say though, if you do nothing wrong and don't intend doing, it really shouldn't make any difference to anybody, but you would at least know that if you ever did something wrong, then it'd be easier to track you down

12 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Nobody ever can explain it, it's very odd. If it was taken at birth though, then you'd probably feel differently and wouldn't give a fuck. I think adults going and volunteering to do it would probably feel weird. As you say though, if you do nothing wrong and don't intend doing, it really shouldn't make any difference to anybody, but you would at least know that if you ever did something wrong, then it'd be easier to track you down

You've already got the UK Gov't using laws for scenarios they weren't originally passed for, massive data leakages and general IT incompetence, not to mention what a future Gov't might end up doing with the DNA data (selling it on to insurance companies?). No way would I want any of that risk with DNA profiles. I'm not really that fussed about the libertarian / freedom angle, I simply don't trust the competence or scruples of any organisation. And with its poor track record in IT and data probably the Gov't least of all.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The testing is going to disrupt their timetable and lessons, the schools have had the kits since January, my point being they are back in for 2 weeks before Easter being even more pointless, they are just coming in to be tested, its going to be interesting to see how many parents and Student take it up, it is optional.

Let's put it this way, you can see one person in a park and share a sandwich sitting on a bench, but a teacher is allowed to see 30 kids in a classroom, so why can I not see 30 people in a park and have a mass picnic 🤷‍♂️

why would you have wanted to be testing em for the last 8 weeks

i can think of a reason or two, just interestyed to know yours?

as for para 2, cos youre going to work

as ive been telling daugher bear for weeks

6 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

My feelings are the Government are sending the kids back to be tested, not for education purposes, that's quite clear, this morning they announced they want them to have 3 test in 10 days, which now makes education centres Covid test centres, don't forget centres have to set up their own testing centre on site, using facilities, that means a Gym, lecture/Drama theatre will close thus impacting on teaching.

I'm in work, I'm full-time, although im waiting for that clown Williamson to come up with a plan of how and when we process Student results/grades.

Good luck with that. He's being a prick again at the moment. Just for a change.

24 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The testing is going to disrupt their timetable and lessons, the schools have had the kits since January, my point being they are back in for 2 weeks before Easter being even more pointless, they are just coming in to be tested, its going to be interesting to see how many parents and Student take it up, it is optional.

Let's put it this way, you can see one person in a park and share a sandwich sitting on a bench, but a teacher is allowed to see 30 kids in a classroom, so why can I not see 30 people in a park and have a mass picnic 🤷‍♂️

Everyone knows schools reopening has a risk of increasing infections, but the risk/impact is judged to be lower than the benefits of getting education up and running. You having a butty with your mates does not have the same benefits. 

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

When the World Cup was in Germany I got into some silly bother because of a bellend (here).

I knew the routine, admit culpability, act contrite and slap on the wrists and dressing down from a sergeant (a woman, fucking massive, how she'd ever chased a suspect down without concussing herself...favvered Bella Emberg tho') and out in time for the night game (and was).

They took my DNA though, which I wasn't best pleased about...

First off accepting a caution is accepting a 'conviction' - which led to me having to have a letter to accompany my (then) blemished CRB (expunged now, didn't hinder me anyway as I'm great 😀)...

Anyhow I digress, a year or so later I'd been to Sankey's and had wandered around Ancoats/NQ for a while killing time before the first train and supping a couple of beers from a 24hr shop (it was summer and warmish and light already).

I went for a piss against a chain-link fence surrounding one of those waste ground car parks, I looked down and amongst the foliage at the base of the fence was a fucking claw hammer - covered in fresh blood and hair and now, my piss.

What to do? A potential serious assault or murder weapon drenched in my DNA and no nearby CCTV to exonerate me...

I genuinely thought of climbing over to get it and dispose of it in my still addled state.

The point of this is - tools, such as claw hammers or compulsory DNA registers are only as good as the folk using them.

Presume some truck driver had killed some brass and pissed off back to Tewkesbury or Turkey...

It'd have been me in the frame, off the radar for an hour or so from Sankey's chucking out 'til I bought the beers...

All it would have taken is a couple of lazy, thick, stupid coppers on the case and I'm an innocent citizen of Germany.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Just now, Mr Grey said:

Ahhhh so you cant catch covid in a classroom, but you can easily catch it in a park 🤔

You do get the hypocrisy in all this ?

Who said that I know I did not. 

i said there was risk in both, the Govt said there is a risk of reopening schools but they think the benefit of reopening education is worth the risk. 

• Members
44 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

They’ve had my dna on file for years anyway not sure what a leak of that could actually do to impact me. 

Yeah but that’s only because you wanked in a Jiffy bag and sent it to krankie

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Cheers for that Mick, I'm on one today and feeling a bit despondent about things, mainly about organising internal exams on a mass scale in short time frame, which I'm looking forward to as it's my job, but then where do I put these exams? ..... because the big spaces have been taken up for covid testing, causing me and other exams managers across the country a logistical fucking nightmare.

It started this morning, meeting with SLT, We will do exams in class was their initial plan, but we don't want the next class to know what's on the paper, Students are timetabled accross 6 blocks and there are 500+ Students in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and 300 + in Sociology, History, Physics etc... 

I refrained from saying 'FUCK OFF' and told them what your doing is logistically impossible, leave it with me and I will come up with a plan, which is what they knew I was going to say all along. So yep, really looking forward to Williamsons announcement 🤓

I feel for you mate, to be clear in my replies earlier I was putting over the Govts and the be fair Chris Whittys logic, no idea how it will work out in reality. If it does work out it will be down to teachers and other staff going an extra mile....again  

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Cheers for that Mick, I'm on one today and feeling a bit despondent about things, mainly about organising internal exams on a mass scale in short time frame, which I'm looking forward to as it's my job, but then where do I put these exams? ..... because the big spaces have been taken up for covid testing, causing me and other exams managers across the country a logistical fucking nightmare.

It started this morning, meeting with SLT, We will do exams in class was their initial plan, but we don't want the next class to know what's on the paper, Students are timetabled accross 6 blocks and there are 500+ Students in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and 300 + in Sociology, History, Physics etc... 

I refrained from saying 'FUCK OFF' and told them what your doing is logistically impossible, leave it with me and I will come up with a plan, which is what they knew I was going to say all along. So yep, really looking forward to Williamsons announcement 🤓

😀 Soz kid.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its frustrating at the moment, and it's the Government asking Schools/Colleges to do things but not looking at the logistics of it, the time frame is now smaller, the consultations finished the last week of January and Schools/Colleges have no idea of what processes will be in place and the people making these decisions will not have listened to anyone, like they did last year, it's a difficult situation and one that won't suit everybody, but agreed we will all have to dig in and go that extra mile, which I have no doubt Teaching and Administration staff will do.

Tomorrow's announcement has had absolutely fuck all consultation. He's decided that's what's happening. That's it. Tough shit, get on with it.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

No lessons learned then. I asked our SLT whether any of them had been consulted by ofqual and the Dfe.... nope and it's the same at other centres, so that is no surprise, they listen to nobody and they certainly don't listen to Head teacher, Principals, teachers and education administrators who are on the front line and who it directly affects.

To be fair to ofqual, the dfe don't even consult them.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

My feelings are the Government are sending the kids back to be tested, not for education purposes, that's quite clear, this morning they announced they want them to have 3 test in 10 days, which now makes education centres Covid test centres, don't forget centres have to set up their own testing centre on site, using facilities, that means a Gym, lecture/Drama theatre will close thus impacting on teaching.

I'm in work, I'm full-time, although im waiting for that clown Williamson to come up with a plan of how and when we process Student results/grades.

That's all a bit contrails. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Sorry fella you've confused me.

Contrails 🙄

Mass control. Huge conspiracy etc..

If they wanted to just test kids; then they could do it simply with surge testing in the community, as is being done in response to new variant discoveries. Be easier whilst they're all off.

The difficulties and logistics you're going to experience for exams are one thing, but the testing concept is very much one of the WHO and governments everywhere.