Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How many people have actually been fully vaccinated? Pubs will be empty as will the sun Loungers for quite some months 

3M, but that should increase by 250K+ daily for the foreseeable

Edited by jmjhb

Just now, jmjhb said:

3M, but that should increase by 250K+ daily for the foreseeable

Are we doing 250k a day second jabs? If so that’s really positive and cause for increased optimism. That’s about 7.5m a month so we should all be done (adults) by September if supply holds up. 

ExavJQmXMAQ89zN?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not far off

In fact, the whole tweet was informative:

32,325,993 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have now been administered in the United Kingdom. +559,324 doses in the latest 24hr period.

29,316,130 people have received their first dose, with 3,009,863 of those having a second dose (fully vaccinated)

Edited by jmjhb

9 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How many people have actually been fully vaccinated? Pubs will be empty as will the sun Loungers for quite some months 

A good point, a lot of people seem to think they're vaccinated after their first jab, in reality it's not until a few weeks after the second jab is administered are they fully vaccinated

Just now, Sweep said:

A good point, a lot of people seem to think they're vaccinated after their first jab, in reality it's not until a few weeks after the second jab is administered are they fully vaccinated

As with most things the actual facts matter not sadly. 

10 minutes ago, Spider said:

Good luck telling half the country they can go on holiday, and the other half that they can't.

Fucking hell Mounts, you think nothing through.

Everyone who wants to travel should be allowed vaccine or no vaccine, just a negative pcr test should suffice. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Everyone who wants to travel should be allowed vaccine or no vaccine, just a negative pcr test should suffice. 

You know full well it's not about what you leave with now, its about what you might bring back.

Also - and I can't emphasise this enough because you seem oblivious to it - there are MILLIONS of people wanting to go abroad.

Exponentially speaking, the risks are on the high side.

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And test them at the airport on way back and if they test positive the whole family stay in a quarantine facility for until a negative. Test at the cost of the travelers? 

that’s a fair compromise as I don’t want people coming back into the uk infected. 

and fwiw im Planning two holidays this year abroad still.  But I wouldn’t expect to be let back in or even board a plane home if infected 

you would be happy with that compromise? 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Spider said:

Good luck telling half the country they can go on holiday, and the other half that they can't.

Fucking hell Mounts, you think nothing through.

Absolutely. Genuine questions of discrimination then.

Can imagine yoof sitting back in doors whilst grandparents go to the pub etc.

That's why these vaccine passport jobs won't be produced (if at all) until everyone vaccinated.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Apparently we are blackmailing the EU?

Pure diversionary tactics from their ineptitude. They've made a rod for their own backs by putting the fear of God into the people over rhetoric AZ vaccine. Denmark still not using it (2 more weeks) for example.

Hope we've got some military helicopters on standby to fly these vaccines out- absolutely no point supplying them if the public won't have it.

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely. Genuine questions of discrimination then.

That's why these vaccine passport jobs won't be produced (if at all) until everyone vaccinated.

And then there’s no point when we are all vaccinated!

stupidest of all stupid ideas

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

And then there’s no point when we are all vaccinated!

stupidest of all stupid ideas

Indeed.

I suppose its about those that haven't had it, but most of those won't frequent pubs!

Might need one in future to go abroad, but that's not going to be for a while.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Whilst I agree, I hope the number of cases essentially plateaus from here on out and we're not at the start of another exponential rise

I suspect it will go up in April as restrictions are relaxed and the under 50s are yet to be jabbed  

So long as hospitalisations stay down and another variant doesn't come along we should be ok

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I suspect it will go up in April as restrictions are relaxed and the under 50s are yet to be jabbed  

So long as hospitalisations stay down and another variant doesn't come along we should be ok

Did you see the bbc report from Wockhardt this morning?

A good piece, and thankfully there seemed to be shit loads of vials still being filled and ready for use.

Working 7 days a week and some decent, dedicated staff too.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That's one of the main jokes in the South Park vaccination special, old folk out and taking the piss, funny

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

And test them at the airport on way back and if they test positive the whole family stay in a quarantine facility for until a negative. Test at the cost of the travelers? 

that’s a fair compromise as I don’t want people coming back into the uk infected. 

and fwiw im Planning two holidays this year abroad still.  But I wouldn’t expect to be let back in or even board a plane home if infected 

you would be happy with that compromise? 

Id be happy as per last year, took tests both ways, and quarantined 5 days test & trace, by end of august every one vaccinated anyhow so it’s slight overkill but would accept it. No need for hotel quarantine unless it’s red list destination your coming back from. 

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Id be happy as per last year, took tests both ways, and quarantined 5 days test & trace, by end of august every one vaccinated anyhow so it’s slight overkill but would accept it. No need for hotel quarantine unless it’s red list destination your coming back from. 

Under my plan you would be tested at the foreign airport. If positive you stay there. Keeps it out. 

5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Is it? I think it’s very sensible if it is. I want to get away but folk need to be prepared for the reality they might not get let back in 

Is just stay until I got the all clear, obviously not everyone can do that. Hopefully cases everywhere by end of July are virtually zero so folk can go away should they wish. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper