Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Is just stay until I got the all clear, obviously not everyone can do that. Hopefully cases everywhere by end of July are virtually zero so folk can go away should they wish. 

“Not everyone”

Do you have any idea how many people pass through Spanish airports in summer?

Where the fuck are a family of 4 going to go if they are told at the airport they can’t travel?

Think it through.

Then multiply it by several thousand families.

No government in the developed world are going to risk that potential human crisis on their hands. 

38 minutes ago, Spider said:

“Not everyone”

Do you have any idea how many people pass through Spanish airports in summer?

Where the fuck are a family of 4 going to go if they are told at the airport they can’t travel?

Think it through.

Then multiply it by several thousand families.

No government in the developed world are going to risk that potential human crisis on their hands. 

We will see. It’s 4 months off, not like you to be an alarmist!! 😂

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

We will see. It’s 4 months off, not like you to be an alarmist!! 😂

I’m basing it on 12 months of experience of this virus.

It doesn’t understand that we all want to go on holiday.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong but you must admit that millions of people cris-crossing the continent is a perfect scenario to spread Covid?

• Moderators
Just now, Spider said:

I’m basing it on 12 months of experience of this virus.

It doesn’t understand that we all want to go on holiday.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong but you must admit that millions of people cris-crossing the continent is a perfect scenario to spread Covid?

Nah, the problem is the Mediterranean lifestyle where all the generations live together and kiss each other when they say hello 

Avoid that, you'll be right 

(I'm paraphrasing but guess who said that 12 months ago whilst dismissing the idea we could possibly have more deaths than Italy or Spain)

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Zico said:

Nah, the problem is the Mediterranean lifestyle where all the generations live together and kiss each other when they say hello 

(I'm paraphrasing but guess who said that 12 months ago whilst dismissing the idea we could possibly have more deaths than Italy or Spain)

It’s amazing how your point of view can change when the threat of missing a few weeks in the sun looms.

But we’re all selfish when it comes down to it, so it’s to be expected.

28 minutes ago, Zico said:

If we’d not of put Covid patients into care homes we’d of been much lower than the kissing hugging meds. Can’t  factor for government stupidity. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If we’d not of put Covid patients into care homes we’d of been much lower than the kissing hugging meds. Can’t  factor for government stupidity. 

Spain had issues with care homes too 

It wasn't a unique uk problem 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-52188820

"The army was deployed to disinfect 1,300 care homes and Monte Hermoso was one of the first. Margarita Robles, the defence minister, said patients, in some places, were found abandoned without care, sometimes dead in their beds, the bodies left for funeral services to retrieve. " Un horror ," Flores told me."

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Spain had issues with care homes too 

It wasn't a unique uk problem 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-52188820

"The army was deployed to disinfect 1,300 care homes and Monte Hermoso was one of the first. Margarita Robles, the defence minister, said patients, in some places, were found abandoned without care, sometimes dead in their beds, the bodies left for funeral services to retrieve. " Un horror ," Flores told me."

They didn’t have a policy of releasing patients from hospital directly into care homes without testing like we did.  The true figures from Europe I’m sceptical about anyhow, and I do know that we counted folk dying with other causes who also had Covid as a Covid death, doubt Europeans counted their dead like we have. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They didn’t have a policy of releasing patients from hospital directly into care homes without testing like we did.  The true figures from Europe I’m sceptical about anyhow, and I do know that we counted folk dying with other causes who also had Covid as a Covid death, doubt Europeans counted there dead like we have. 

Read the article, they've got no idea, but this time last year they knew at least a quarter of their death toll was in care homes

"Crowded hospitals were having to turn away patients from care homes and send them back, often to die" 

"Almost 6,000 people have now died in nursing homes in Madrid, after showing Covid-19 symptoms. Spanish public prosecutors are investigating possible crimes including manslaughter for neglect, mistreatment and abandonment."

"The task of counting the dead continues in Spain, where the official toll has passed 24,000. It remains unclear how many of the deaths in nursing homes have been included in that total. And as many people were cremated or buried without being tested, like Carmela, the disease's true numbers may never be known."

8 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They didn’t have a policy of releasing patients from hospital directly into care homes without testing like we did.  The true figures from Europe I’m sceptical about anyhow, and I do know that we counted folk dying with other causes who also had Covid as a Covid death, doubt Europeans counted there dead like we have. 

especially Spain

20 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

When are you going living in Thailand?

When Mr Johnson allows me to travel, but I’m not living in LOS, I am travelling around SEA and taking in PI too. 

Going travelling around the world with my daughter next year. 

Anyway don’t worry I will still be posting on here.

Budapest is booked, so if we are allowed to travel I’ll have a beer with you.

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Edit the word Covid from that link and it reads 19 vaccinated people should be able to meet up...

Result!

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

This seems a common sense way to allow travel, no doubt they’ll not implement it. 

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1415488/holidays-rapid-testing-three-tier-system-travel-boris-johnson-summer-latest

Bollocks that, utter bollocks.

Ill say it again, you cannot say one half of the country can travel and another half can’t.

If you were 20/30 years younger, you’d be bleating like fuck about it.

54 minutes ago, captainmed said:

When Mr Johnson allows me to travel, but I’m not living in LOS, I am travelling around SEA and taking in PI too. 

Going travelling around the world with my daughter next year. 

Anyway don’t worry I will still be posting on here.

Budapest is booked, so if we are allowed to travel I’ll have a beer with you.

We're going the scenic route, Hull to Rotterdam, drive to Dortmund to see an old friend, stay a night or even 2 then drive to Hungary, we'll have 4 days then to get to Poland so we'll drive half way and have a stop over at some Hungarian/Polish hick town, we should be reet by September

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Ill say it again, you cannot say one half of the country can travel and another half can’t.

No one is saying half the country can’t travel.... only you. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

No one is saying half the country can’t travel.... only you. 

Half the country still won’t have been vaccinated (2 jabs) by September.

based on what is being reported, under 40’s may be looking at August before a first jab.

I know you’re keen to go, but so are millions of others.

All you can visualise is your own transit to Benidorm. You’re not thinking big picture.

Reading this little debate over the last week, I do find it slightly strange that one of the biggest proponents of independence from the EU, who sighted carving our own path and our ability as a nation to do the hard work where necessary, whilst slamming youngsters for being snowflakes and weak in the face of hard graft.... are now stamping their feet at not being allowed to have a few weeks abroad. It's not very British, is it?

For what it's worth, in the past 10 years I've been to France for a week. I have three kids and we cut our cloth accordingly, we have had fab holidays in this country - last year we had ten days away, different beach every day and lovely seas to swim in. 40 mins from our house - and by the way the beaches were nicely socially distanced.

It won't hurt folk to just do something for the greater good and not go abroad this year. Its not the gvt, its not some overlord stopping you, it's to help this country and to stop the spread of this disease. 

If we can't travel this year, to find ways round it other than for genuine work reasons smacks of selfishness to me.

21 minutes ago, Spider said:

Having read the article I cannot see where it refers to vaccine passports for people from the UK. It does mention them for EU countries though. 

For the UK they are talking about different levels of testing and/or quarantine 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Reading this little debate over the last week, I do find it slightly strange that one of the biggest proponents of independence from the EU, who sighted carving our own path and our ability as a nation to do the hard work where necessary, whilst slamming youngsters for being snowflakes and weak in the face of hard graft.... are now stamping their feet at not being allowed to have a few weeks abroad. It's not very British, is it?

For what it's worth, in the past 10 years I've been to France for a week. I have three kids and we cut our cloth accordingly, we have had fab holidays in this country - last year we had ten days away, different beach every day and lovely seas to swim in. 40 mins from our house - and by the way the beaches were nicely socially distanced.

It won't hurt folk to just do something for the greater good and not go abroad this year. Its not the gvt, its not some overlord stopping you, it's to help this country and to stop the spread of this disease. 

If we can't travel this year, to find ways round it other than for genuine work reasons smacks of selfishness to me.

👏👏👏👏

Spot on. But you’re talking to a brick wall (painted in white and gleaming in the hot EU Sun)

31 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

We're going the scenic route, Hull to Rotterdam, drive to Dortmund to see an old friend, stay a night or even 2 then drive to Hungary, we'll have 4 days then to get to Poland so we'll drive half way and have a stop over at some Hungarian/Polish hick town, we should be reet by September

Yeah I’ve been speaking to Vinn.

Sounds good.

Look after yourself. 👍🏿

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

👏👏👏👏

Spot on. But you’re talking to a brick wall (painted in white and gleaming in the hot EU Sun)

Hardly spot on though, folk who holiday here are subject to the virus as are folk who holiday overseas, last year many foreign resorts were lower case rates than U.K. resorts, fine you prefer holidaying in U.K. but other folk don’t and find it cheaper to holiday abroad, add in the health benefits of vitamin D and it’s no surprise many folk prefer the med. In fact in my experience only pale ginger folk prefer holidaying here in the U.K. (that was a joke) before you start. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Hardly spot on though, folk who holiday here are subject to the virus as are folk who holiday overseas, last year many foreign resorts were lower case rates than U.K. resorts, fine you prefer holidaying in U.K. but other folk don’t and find it cheaper to holiday abroad, add in the health benefits of vitamin D and it’s no surprise many folk prefer the med. In fact in my experience only pale ginger folk prefer holidaying here in the U.K. (that was a joke) before you start. 

Oi!!! leave us Strawberry blondes out of it 👨‍🦰😁

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

👏👏👏👏

I just find it odd that those who are so very proud of our history as a nation, are so very quick to dismiss some of the tenets that we are rightly proud of.

I'm pretty sure after the war people worked together to rebuild the country, and this meant collective sacrifice.

The only people I hear moaning about not being allowed to do anything they want from June are those who are the quickest to run up the Union Flag at any old opportunity.

Well, here's a thing. This is our chance to work hard for the greater good, to protect the most vulnerable, to think of our fellow countryfolk before we think of ourselves, to really help our nurses and doctors by adhering to the science and the facts put before us.

And not moan about not being able to go to Spain this year.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

If the government listed countries as red orange and yellow 

Red you couldn’t go without

Orange yes but you have to isolate when you come back 

yellow have to show a negative test before you arrive back in Blighty

Do you reckon that would work? 

Im all for proper measures going in place, there has to be some form of compromise to get things going again.