Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 43.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    3447

  • Spider

    2742

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2654

  • boltondiver

    2444

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Spider said:

@Traf may be smiling hopefully 🙂

I'm well known for smiling all the time.
 

1 hour ago, Casino said:

August?

Bet he's doing somersaults

Not

Yeah, not worth a wank
 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I think at one point it was looking unlikely there'd be anything this summer.

And imagine the demand.

Better than nowt.

Oh yes, there's demand, but not enough supply. We can't sell loads of holidays if there aren't loads to sell.
 

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Can’t see a date being put on foreign holidays myself 

All depends on the willingness of countries to allow us in.
Personally I don't see any difference between now and pre-Christmas. Valid PCR before travel. Isolation or retest on return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

Covid-19: Boris Johnson to unveil 'cautious' plan to lift England's lockdown

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56148160

From 8 March - All schools will open with outdoor after-school sports and activities allowed. Recreation in a public space - such as a park - will be allowed between two people, meaning they would be allowed to sit down for a coffee, drink or picnic


From 29 March - Outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households will be allowed. It is understood this will include gatherings in private gardens. Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis or basketball courts will reopen and organised adult and children's sport, such as grassroots football, will also return

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Spider said:

These 4 stages.

Going to be 5 weeks between each one.

Thats 20 weeks to full lift.

Or, Mid-July.

They aren’t rushing.

and if the kids going back to school causes a spike, then everything will get shoved back even further. I'm expecting a load of drama queens to be outraged later when Boris gives his speech, with such glib statements as "This isn't living, it's just existing" , "The people are on the edge, won't stand for it" and my personal recent favourite "I think I'd rather be dead than have to live under these restrictions"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Horwich said:

I hope the teachers can cope with a couple of weeks in school, before their two weeks holiday at easter.

You fucking hate teachers don't you?

Did your PE teacher take the piss at your uncoordinated efforts to kick a ball when you were a kid or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I am not a big fan of teachers. They will do whatever they can to get out of doing the job that they are paid for.

Double fact.

I'm sure lots of teachers will have done great work for their pupils over the last year.

The extreme Unions are the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Spider said:

These 4 stages.

Going to be 5 weeks between each one.

Thats 20 weeks to full lift.

Or, Mid-July.

They aren’t rushing.

And neither should they, seems they've learnt from last time

Schools was the main one 

If that all goes to plan social gatherings back on when the weather is getting better 

Loads of BBQs in April 

Can't complain really

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I am not a big fan of teachers. They will do whatever they can to get out of doing the job that they are paid for.

Double fact.

Fucking nonsense.

Have you got kids?

Edited by mickbrown
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Pointless opening schools and Colleges from Match 8th, Easter is 2 weeks off, why risk infections.

After Easter all back en-masse, by that time the infection rate will hopefully be small and the majority of people over 50 will have had the vaccine, surely that's a more sensible approach. 

If they don't do a phased return, I think it's fucking stupid. 

Israel have a phased return - infants and last 2 years of secondary in for 1 day so far,  only in areas with low cases - all the rest not back in for another month - they have vaccinated 50% of the population with at least one shot, nearly all eligable adults over 30yrs old -  30% have had 2 shots - on 8th March we will have done 25% with about 2% having 2 shots. 

An extra 4 weeks of closed schools,  is an extra 10 million vaccinated, many in the age group that are parents of secondary and college kids.

Almost all of those 10 million would have massivley reduced risk of getting ill, or if they do, getting ill seriously, less chance of passing it on, etc, a few weeks after the vaccine.

They're bascially saying it's a herd immunity experiment for school kids and their parents, everyone back in, off you go, let's see how the numbers rise, and if it's manageable, FFS.

Cases in September, before the kids went back last time had been below 1,000 a day for 10 weeks, - we are still at 11,000 today, and the current strain is more virulent than back then. It took us less than 3 weeks to go from 10k to 20k when the schools were open last time, with the case rises initially in the young and middle aged - it will happen again.

Have they learnt nothing! short term pain = long term gain.

Hospitalisations as a % of the infected  in the 30 -  60 yr old age is high - they don't die anywhere near as much as the oldies, but they still end up in hospital in large numbers.

2 fucking weeks - extend the summer term by 2 weeks FFS 

many kids don't give a shit about the online learning, it's the socialising, playing outside, having a game of footy that they're missing and which will restore mental health and wellbeing and is masivley less infection risk - let them do that instead - having indoor classes 2 weeks before easter aint going to give them much more benefit than waiting until after.  

Edited by peelyfeet
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Fucking nonsense.

Have you got kids?

I have. None of them are teachers, so I don’t see what you are trying to get at 🤷🏻‍♀️

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horwich said:

I have. None of them are teachers, so I don’t see what you are trying to get at 🤷🏻‍♀️

So your kids have left school? Mine's in year 11. Her teachers are still running a full timetable, the lazy fucks.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

So your kids have left school? Mine's in year 11. Her teachers are still running a full timetable, the lazy fucks.

 

Great. They are doing what they are paid for and I am sure they wont moan when they have to leave the house.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

If they don't do a phased return, I think it's fucking stupid. 

Israel have a phased return - infants and last 2 years of secondary in for 1 day so far,  only in areas with low cases - all the rest not back in for another month - they have vaccinated 50% of the population with at least one shot, nearly all eligable adults over 30yrs old -  30% have had 2 shots - on 8th March we will have done 25% with about 2% having 2 shots. 

An extra 4 weeks of closed schools,  is an extra 10 million vaccinated, many in the age group that are parents of secondary and college kids.

Almost all of those 10 million would have massivley reduced risk of getting ill, or if they do, getting ill seriously, less chance of passing it on, etc, a few weeks after the vaccine.

They're bascially saying it's a herd immunity experiment for school kids and their parents, everyone back in, off you go, let's see how the numbers rise, and if it's manageable, FFS.

Cases in September, before the kids went back last time had been below 1,000 a day for 10 weeks, - we are still at 11,000 today, and the current strain is more virulent than back then. It took us less than 3 weeks to go from 10k to 20k when the schools were open last time, with the case rises initially in the young and middle aged - it will happen again.

Have they learnt nothing! short term pain = long term gain.

Hospitalisations as a % of the infected  in the 30 -  60 yr old age is high - they don't die anywhere near as much as the oldies, but they still end up in hospital in large numbers.

2 fucking weeks - extend the summer term by 2 weeks FFS 

many kids don't give a shit about the online learning, it's the socialising, playing outside, having a game of footy that they're missing and which will restore mental health and wellbeing and is masivley less infection risk - let them do that instead - having indoor classes 2 weeks before easter aint going to give them much more benefit than waiting until after.  

Absolutely agreed, it doesn't make sense to me, and they are basically saying to Teachers and education staff "your okay, just get on with it, you dont matter, fuck you". 

I know some on here don't agree and just want their kids back in school, but it is in effect an herd immunity exercise, you may as well write of education this year.

I have a feeling they just want to use this 2 week period to test all the kids once back in, they have sent out testing kits to all Schools/Colleges and they want them to take 2 test per week, basically it's one big testing excersise.

And what do they do then when infections go through the roof, which they will ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Absolutely agreed, it doesn't make sense to me, and they are basically saying to Teachers and education staff "your okay, just get on with it, you dont matter, fuck you". 

I know some on here don't agree and just want their kids back in school, but it is in effect an herd immunity exercise, you may as well write of education this year.

I have a feeling they just want to use this 2 week period to test all the kids once back in, they have sent out testing kits to all Schools/Colleges and they want them to take 2 test per week, basically it's one big testing excersise.

And what do they do then when infections go through the roof, which they will ? 

I think we all know the answer to that.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Horwich said:

I am not a big fan of teachers. They will do whatever they can to get out of doing the job that they are paid for.

Double fact.

I know some teachers who are pretentious pricks, but most are genuinely in the job to educate our kids, they work well above their hours during term time to make sure mine and your kids get an education, and they are now involved in the more social domestic issues that kids have outside school, so it quite disingenuous of you to state what you have done, and they aren't that well paid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

So your kids have left school? Mine's in year 11. Her teachers are still running a full timetable, the lazy fucks.

 

Yes, because schools havent been fully open since December, people who don't what's going on have the misconception that teachers have been on their holidays for two months.They haven't.My neighbour who is a teacher is doing online lessons full time and also has the utter bollox of having to arrange an online play for 10 year olds because the Head reckons it will be good for them.The one bright spot is the teacher won't have to take them on holiday this year.Last years "holiday" involved leaving school on Friday afternoon on a coach with them and arriving back Sunday night...then a full weeks school with them.I admire folk who suffer that shite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Great. They are doing what they are paid for and I am sure they wont moan when they have to leave the house.

Take it you're self employed, what with you posting during work time 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.