Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Cheers.

Shes got a Beneteau 55.

they're planning to spend around 8 weeks down there this summer and said we should go down. They’d been moored in Wales last year but got pissed off with the restrictions.

HBAHT? Place is fucked nowadays 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

HBAHT? Place is fucked nowadays 

Could fall overboard without a life jacket and stay buoyant long enough for the RNLI to grab her.

Plymouth sounds good based on the stuff posted so far.

43 minutes ago, Spider said:

Could fall overboard without a life jacket and stay buoyant long enough for the RNLI to grab her.

Plymouth sounds good based on the stuff posted so far.

Train journey is good from London, I'll give it that, all along that coastline.

Always seemed a disproportionate number of Scottish accents (admittedly I've been probably five times in total and never strayed much from the theatre as its always been a work trip) I put it down to merchant navy or something, although I could be completely wrong and I've always just timed my trip with a coach party from Glasgow.

‘You might feel very happy on your little island when you are all vaccinated, but your island might feel very small when you cannot leave it because your neighbours are not vaccinated'

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

‘You might feel very happy on your little island when you are all vaccinated, but your island might feel very small when you cannot leave it because your neighbours are not vaccinated'

Kipper will be gunning for you now

4 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Train journey is good from London, I'll give it that, all along that coastline.

Always seemed a disproportionate number of Scottish accents (admittedly I've been probably five times in total and never strayed much from the theatre as its always been a work trip) I put it down to merchant navy or something, although I could be completely wrong and I've always just timed my trip with a coach party from Glasgow.

Royal Marines maybe ? It's their spiritual home and plenty of Jocks in there.

39 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

That would be nice, going on your holiday to relax and finding you have to wear a mask around the pool or on a beach - I get it in enclosed places, but on the beach FFS

I know they say it'll be a "strict new law" but I wonder if they actually will fine people caught without masks

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Who said that then?

Hmm

“Senior EU official”

“one diplomat” (sic)

“anonymous senior diplomat speaking to CNN”

Probably Macron, then

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Hmm

“Senior EU official”

“one diplomat” (sic)

“anonymous senior diplomat speaking to CNN”

Probably Macron, then

An ill thought out attempt at oneupmanship you might say

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

That would be nice, going on your holiday to relax and finding you have to wear a mask around the pool or on a beach - I get it in enclosed places, but on the beach FFS

I know they say it'll be a "strict new law" but I wonder if they actually will fine people caught without masks

Only those with Blue passports will get fined.

With all this panic about going on holiday this year is anyone else thinking 'fuck it save the money and go daft next year'.

We are planning 6-8 weeks in Lanzarote over 3 trips and 2 weeks in the States next year instead. 

Just now, Ani said:

With all this panic about going on holiday this year is anyone else thinking 'fuck it save the money and go daft next year'.

We are planning 6-8 weeks in Lanzarote over 3 trips and 2 weeks in the States next year instead. 

“There’s plenty of this country I haven’t seen yet”

3 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Bazzin numbers today

Everything down big style, apart from vaccinations

Yeah excellent Tuesday is usually catch up day so the numbers are great. I did say last week that I thought some of Monday and Tuesday might have been mixed as Monday was really low even allowing for the catch up. But these are very good news. 

5 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

“There’s plenty of this country I haven’t seen yet”

If I go abroad my missus spends all day sunbathing and does not talk to me, if we stay in UK and go somewhere really nice she will expect me to have a conversation so fuck that . 

10 hours ago, Spider said:

Cheers.

Shes got a Beneteau 55.

they're planning to spend around 8 weeks down there this summer and said we should go down. They’d been moored in Wales last year but got pissed off with the restrictions.

Serious bit of kit that. Places I described before are long day trip distance and smaller ones youd be mooring and using tender. May be worth considering trip with stop in Falmouth to get around Lizard and St Ives .

PS first thing to know in sailing lessons is why its called a boom

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Ani said:

Yeah excellent Tuesday is usually catch up day so the numbers are great. I did say last week that I thought some of Monday and Tuesday might have been mixed as Monday was really low even allowing for the catch up. But these are very good news. 

Wonder how many tests were done. 

Looking very positive