Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

So what have France and Italy done, or not done, to end up in a right mess? 

Us, 4k cases 

France, 59k

Stayed in the EU

3 minutes ago, Zico said:

So what have France and Italy done, or not done, to end up in a right mess? 

Us, 4k cases 

France, 59k

Whilst I don’t wish to revel in anyones misfortune or have the will to trawl back it does make me smile a wee bit reading this. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

Whilst I don’t wish to revel in anyones misfortune or have the will to trawl back it does make me smile a wee bit reading this. 

Traf must be loving it 🙄

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Traf must be loving it 🙄

Agree on that side it’s not good at all. 

im just waiting for folk to now add some balance to their criticisms from earlier on 😏. Sure folk LOVED to compare us to our European neighbours and use it as a hammer to hit the government with. Will make interesting reading now 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Agree on that side it’s not good at all. 

im just waiting for folk to now add some balance to their criticisms from earlier on 😏. Sure folk LOVED to compare us to our European neighbours and use it as a hammer to hit the government with. Will make interesting reading now 

Did they?

I always got the impression that the balance of frictionless trade coupled with countries fiercely maintaining their own identities was the reason for its popularity.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Did they?

I always got the impression that the balance of frictionless trade coupled with countries fiercely maintaining their own identities was the reason for its popularity.

Your confusing threads my old mucker. So you can’t remember the comparisons between cases numbers deaths lockdown measures on a daily basis? Really? 🧐

And for balance we still got a lot Of key decisions wrong and a lot of stuff needs looking into in due course. 

im not one for comparisons then and I’m certainly not now. But those who were I’m sure will, for balance, be along shortly 👍🏼

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Your confusing threads my old mucker. So you can’t remember the comparisons between cases numbers deaths lockdown measures on a daily basis? Really? 🧐

Thought you didn’t do history... 🧐

1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

The wife is having her first dose today - she’s in her 30s. No underlying health conditions. Seem to be well on track around here.

Great stuff

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Thought you didn’t do history... 🧐

Unfortunately when something is regurgitated many times a day somethings stuck with you. 

but it will pass when the same people come And post their balanced views with the benefit of current events 👍🏼😎

• Site Supporter

Unfortunately when something is regurgitated many times a day somethings stuck with you. 

but it will pass when the same people come And post their balanced views with the benefit of current events 👍🏼😎

Let’s all move on

It is, after all, what it is.

Just now, Spider said:

Let’s all move on

It is, after all, what it is.

Or what’s actually proving to be better is not to be too quick to judge and determine something is a disaster before seeing how it pans out. 

post that in the politics thread as well 😎😎😎

now that’s the sensible tactic. Maybe folk will learn one day to not blow their load too early 

• Site Supporter

Or what’s actually proving to be better is not to be too quick to judge and determine something is a disaster before seeing how it pans out. 

now that’s the sensible tactic. Maybe folk will learn one day to not blow their load too early 

You could have a row in an empty room, you could.

We are where we are. You have to play the cards in your hand. It is what it is. Let’s look forward and sort apprenticeships out etc etc etc

1 minute ago, Spider said:

You could have a row in an empty room, you could.

We are where we are. You have to play the cards in your hand. It is what it is. Let’s look forward and sort apprenticeships out etc etc etc

Going out in my tvr later. No arguments here 😎

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Well I think we look to be doing it right in 2021 after the mistakes made in 2020, we're not there yet, but it's looking good for us 

Seems the government have learned what does and doesn't work

The next big test comes on April 12th 

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Well I think we look to be doing it right in 2021 after the mistakes made in 2020, we're not there yet, but it's looking good for us 

Seems the government have learned what does and doesn't work

The next big test comes on April 12th 

I would agree wholeheartedly.

So what you are saying is we were faced with a crisis we had no experience of managing , struggled (badly at the outset) but have learned and now appear to be managing it well all things considered? 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So what you are saying is we were faced with a crisis we had no experience of managing , struggled (badly at the outset) but have learned and now appear to be managing it well all things considered? 

I agree

But the clamour to travel to Spain Greece etc is getting louder and louder.

I think that may undo the hard work if allowed too soon. As shit as it is. 

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

I agree

But the clamour to travel to Spain Greece etc is getting louder and louder.

I think that may undo the hard work if allowed too soon. As shit as it is. 

I don’t think polls show that, esp with France being in the state it’s in

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Not quite, i believe the decisions on timings of lockdowns were more measured rather than wholy due to a lack of experience, and now they know better than to repeat such mistakes because other countries have shown how it's done 

Which makes me wonder what France and Italy have been playing at, unless it's just bad luck, but I doubt it