Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

16 hours ago, Escobarp said:

12k fans allowed at euros games at hampden so less than 25%. Shite that 

Sub-25% capacity is pretty much how it works out what the restrictions will be here for stadium events that are allowed a crowd May 17th-June 21st once you factor in keeping alternate rows empty for one way systems, two seats empty between each bubble etc.

Technically this should be the identical formula for how people are seated in a pub, but that doesn't exactly seem to be policed much compared to the rules stadiums have to follow.

Edited by Leyther_Matt

18 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Sub-25% capacity is pretty much how it works out what the restrictions will be here for stadium events that are allowed a crowd May 17th-June 21st once you factor in keeping alternate rows empty for one way systems, two seats empty between each bubble etc.

Technically this should be the identical formula for how people are seated in a pub, but that doesn't exactly seem to be policed much compared to the rules stadiums have to follow.

Yeah. My mate has tickets for the hampden games and they are saying covid vaccine passports going to be required here. So that will rule him out so he’s offered them to Me if that’s the case so I might just go 

35 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Cricket on - bar shut, you can bring your own though. 

No cricket - bar open. 

That's not too bad, and it's only for a few weeks.

At least spectators can attend, that's the main thing for me.....

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Some employers making a negative test a condition of returning to the office.

Presumably twice/week

It’s no different to alcohol/drugs screening really. As I’ve said I’ve already taken covid  tests to go onto clients premises and will be happy to do so. 

17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

It’s no different to alcohol/drugs screening really. As I’ve said I’ve already taken covid  tests to go onto clients premises and will be happy to do so. 

Cool

I’ve never been screened for alcohol or drugs

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, jeep said:

That's not too bad, and it's only for a few weeks.

At least spectators can attend, that's the main thing for me.....

It’s great spectators are allowed. 

Just taking away an opportunity for clubs to start to make a little bit of revenue after long periods without any. Clubs are well set up for one way systems and table service and alike being covid secure even if it is for a few weeks. 

2 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

It’s great spectators are allowed. 

Just taking away an opportunity for clubs to start to make a little bit of revenue after long periods without any. Clubs are well set up for one way systems and table service and alike being covid secure even if it is for a few weeks. 

i thin Farnworth are 

I mentioned the other day how I've seen a few pubs erecting marquees in their gardens in preparation for next week......apparently two pubs in Biggleswade have had a visit today by some council officers, who have told them they won't be allowed to use them, unless they remove at least two sides. They can have a roof, but only two sides apparently, then it's still classed as an outdoor space. The issue, I guess, is that one you remove a couple of sides, your tent becomes a very large sail in windy conditions 🙂

Edited by Sweep

55 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Part of working for the council was an acceptance that you could be randomly tested.

I never was, and doubt many ever are, but it was always there!

It’s in our contract also and has been in every company I’ve worked for in last 20 years. Pretty standard in my industry. Just carry a bottle of piss round with me in my laptop bag just in case. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

It’s in our contract also and has been in every company I’ve worked for in last 20 years. Pretty standard in my industry. Just carry a bottle of piss round with me in my laptop bag just in case. 

Tested 3 times in 12 years but tests are regular for some in more direct safety critical and on demand if any suspicion or if there is an accident.  piss is temperature tested to stop people using “ before a session”  samples or someone else’s ! 
refusing a test at our place is considered a positive result and dismissal will follow. 

42 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Tested 3 times in 12 years but tests are regular for some in more direct safety critical and on demand if any suspicion or if there is an accident.  piss is temperature tested to stop people using “ before a session”  samples or someone else’s ! 
refusing a test at our place is considered a positive result and dismissal will follow. 

I think in my industry if you're not on something it's considered bad form.

45 minutes ago, fatolive said:

I suspect in our factories etc and the logistics guys will be tested regularly. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, fatolive said:

piss is temperature tested to stop people using “ before a session”  samples or someone else’s ! 

What’s to stop you swilling your bottle of piss round your mouth to get it up to body temp? 

Always thinking! 🤣

Edited by MickyD

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

What’s to stop you swilling you’re bottle of piss round your mouth to get it up to body temp? 

Always thinking! 🤣

Or someone else’s