Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

They’ve had my dna on file for years anyway not sure what a leak of that could actually do to impact me. 

Yeah but that’s only because you wanked in a Jiffy bag and sent it to krankie

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 43.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Escobarp

    3457

  • Spider

    2756

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2664

  • boltondiver

    2451

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That was one of the loveliest things to ever happen. Stood in my garden sobbing like a baby! Proud to work for the NHS 👏👏👏👏❤️

My uncle lost his battle to this in Royal Bolton this morning, so he will be one of today’s numbers.  last rites over the phone held by a nurse with no family there. made an exception yester

I’ve sat with my mum who is slipping away, literally breathing her last today. She idolises the Queen, and whilst she didn’t in all likelihood hear that, I know she would have loved every single

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

You've seen nothing yet mate. Just wait for the bombshell he's dropping tomorrow. You're going to fucking love it.

He's such a dick

Cheers for that Mick, I'm on one today and feeling a bit despondent about things, mainly about organising internal exams on a mass scale in short time frame, which I'm looking forward to as it's my job, but then where do I put these exams? ..... because the big spaces have been taken up for covid testing, causing me and other exams managers across the country a logistical fucking nightmare.

It started this morning, meeting with SLT, We will do exams in class was their initial plan, but we don't want the next class to know what's on the paper, Students are timetabled accross 6 blocks and there are 500+ Students in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and 300 + in Sociology, History, Physics etc... 

I refrained from saying 'FUCK OFF' and told them what your doing is logistically impossible, leave it with me and I will come up with a plan, which is what they knew I was going to say all along. So yep, really looking forward to Williamsons announcement 🤓

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Cheers for that Mick, I'm on one today and feeling a bit despondent about things, mainly about organising internal exams on a mass scale in short time frame, which I'm looking forward to as it's my job, but then where do I put these exams? ..... because the big spaces have been taken up for covid testing, causing me and other exams managers across the country a logistical fucking nightmare.

It started this morning, meeting with SLT, We will do exams in class was their initial plan, but we don't want the next class to know what's on the paper, Students are timetabled accross 6 blocks and there are 500+ Students in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and 300 + in Sociology, History, Physics etc... 

I refrained from saying 'FUCK OFF' and told them what your doing is logistically impossible, leave it with me and I will come up with a plan, which is what they knew I was going to say all along. So yep, really looking forward to Williamsons announcement 🤓

I feel for you mate, to be clear in my replies earlier I was putting over the Govts and the be fair Chris Whittys logic, no idea how it will work out in reality. If it does work out it will be down to teachers and other staff going an extra mile....again  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Cheers for that Mick, I'm on one today and feeling a bit despondent about things, mainly about organising internal exams on a mass scale in short time frame, which I'm looking forward to as it's my job, but then where do I put these exams? ..... because the big spaces have been taken up for covid testing, causing me and other exams managers across the country a logistical fucking nightmare.

It started this morning, meeting with SLT, We will do exams in class was their initial plan, but we don't want the next class to know what's on the paper, Students are timetabled accross 6 blocks and there are 500+ Students in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology and 300 + in Sociology, History, Physics etc... 

I refrained from saying 'FUCK OFF' and told them what your doing is logistically impossible, leave it with me and I will come up with a plan, which is what they knew I was going to say all along. So yep, really looking forward to Williamsons announcement 🤓

😀 Soz kid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ani said:

I feel for you mate, to be clear in my replies earlier I was putting over the Govts and the be fair Chris Whittys logic, no idea how it will work out in reality. If it does work out it will be down to teachers and other staff going an extra mile....again  

Its frustrating at the moment, and it's the Government asking Schools/Colleges to do things but not looking at the logistics of it, the time frame is now smaller, the consultations finished the last week of January and Schools/Colleges have no idea of what processes will be in place and the people making these decisions will not have listened to anyone, like they did last year, it's a difficult situation and one that won't suit everybody, but agreed we will all have to dig in and go that extra mile, which I have no doubt Teaching and Administration staff will do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its frustrating at the moment, and it's the Government asking Schools/Colleges to do things but not looking at the logistics of it, the time frame is now smaller, the consultations finished the last week of January and Schools/Colleges have no idea of what processes will be in place and the people making these decisions will not have listened to anyone, like they did last year, it's a difficult situation and one that won't suit everybody, but agreed we will all have to dig in and go that extra mile, which I have no doubt Teaching and Administration staff will do.

Tomorrow's announcement has had absolutely fuck all consultation. He's decided that's what's happening. That's it. Tough shit, get on with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Tomorrow's announcement has had absolutely fuck all consultation. He's decided that's what's happening. That's it. Tough shit, get on with it.

No lessons learned then. I asked our SLT whether any of them had been consulted by ofqual and the Dfe.... nope and it's the same at other centres, so that is no surprise, they listen to nobody and they certainly don't listen to Head teacher, Principals, teachers and education administrators who are on the front line and who it directly affects.

Edited by Mr Grey
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

No lessons learned then. I asked our SLT whether any of them had been consulted by ofqual and the Dfe.... nope and it's the same at other centres, so that is no surprise, they listen to nobody and they certainly don't listen to Head teacher, Principals, teachers and education administrators who are on the front line and who it directly affects.

To be fair to ofqual, the dfe don't even consult them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

To be fair to ofqual, the dfe don't even consult them.

Schools and Colleges have no chance, the Dfe just compile stats and league tables, Ofqual try to make everything fair and The JCQ and the Exam boards just make up shit as they go along. You'd think there would be a link so they can all work together, at the end of the day it is to provide a common goal.... or perhaps they haven't sussed that out yet 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Again to be fair to the JCQ and the exam boards, they aint being consulted either.

A bloke who was a fireplace salesman reckons he knows more than all these people who have made a career in education/assessment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

My feelings are the Government are sending the kids back to be tested, not for education purposes, that's quite clear, this morning they announced they want them to have 3 test in 10 days, which now makes education centres Covid test centres, don't forget centres have to set up their own testing centre on site, using facilities, that means a Gym, lecture/Drama theatre will close thus impacting on teaching.

I'm in work, I'm full-time, although im waiting for that clown Williamson to come up with a plan of how and when we process Student results/grades.

That's all a bit contrails. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Sorry fella you've confused me.

Contrails 🙄

Mass control. Huge conspiracy etc..

If they wanted to just test kids; then they could do it simply with surge testing in the community, as is being done in response to new variant discoveries. Be easier whilst they're all off.

The difficulties and logistics you're going to experience for exams are one thing, but the testing concept is very much one of the WHO and governments everywhere. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mass control. Huge conspiracy etc..

If they wanted to just test kids; then they could do it simply with surge testing in the community, as is being done in response to new variant discoveries. Be easier whilst they're all off.

The difficulties and logistics you're going to experience for exams are one thing, but the testing concept is very much one of the WHO and governments everywhere. 

 

I wouldn't say conspiracy, it's pretty evident, they've supplied a costly load of testing kits to schools before lockdown with the intention of testing in schools, then came lockdown, my point all along would have been to hold back kids going back to school until after Easter, more people vaccinated and the risk of infections will be vastly reduced.

The kits could have then been used for those expressing symptoms, at the end of the day Schools/Colleges are centres of education not covid testing centres, ant the Government aren't providing extra staff to implement the tests.

 

Edited by Mr Grey
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Mass control. Huge conspiracy etc..

If they wanted to just test kids; then they could do it simply with surge testing in the community, as is being done in response to new variant discoveries. Be easier whilst they're all off.

The difficulties and logistics you're going to experience for exams are one thing, but the testing concept is very much one of the WHO and governments everywhere. 

 

but contrails are the actual steam off of airplane wings. 

when they are spraying mind control drugs about , then theyre called chemtrails. 

i think its a play on words .

so they say , anyway.. O_o

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

I wouldn't say conspiracy, it's pretty evident, they've supplied a costly load of testing kits to schools before lockdown with the intention of testing in schools, then came lockdown, my point all along would have been to hold back kids going back to school until after Easter, more people vaccinated and the risk of infections will be vastly reduced.

The kits could have then been used for those expressing symptoms, at the end of the day Schools/Colleges are centres of education not covid testing centres, ant the Government aren't providing extra staff to implement the tests.

 

The point of lft is to find those without symptoms!

Anyone with symptoms gets tested with pcr and isolates. You're not understanding the difference and reasoning behind the lft; its to help education and industry function a little closer to normality. Wife's place now testing staff once a week- it eats into the working day a little, but if it helps prevent outbreaks and benefits the workforce then do it. No one provided to do the tests neither- they're quite easy to do yourself.

I understand what you say about resources, but doing some tests which might eat into teaching time, still gives kids time in school. Whether that is any better than just doing a full day of online learning is a different matter, and is open to debate.

It's only for a couple of weeks too, then its down to parents. No doubt a move that will hinder the beneficial impacts of testing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Traf said:

I'm getting the feeling that Mr Grey isn't Gavin Williamson's biggest fan.
After this there's a few more not keen...
 

 

Absolutely fucking clueless, get Blid Dog Blunkett back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Daughter self isolating from nursery for the 3rd time... 

8th of March she's allowed back in same day my lad is. 

 

I'm tempted to book it off and have a full day quiet lie down 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leigh white said:

I loved this one.

 

 

He's out of his depth, he is like a Government idiot, he's got something on Bojo.... mind you I bet most of the Cabinet have 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites

Leigh sports village have reported they have completed 55k vaccinations up to the 21st February..... Brilliant!

However the population of Leigh is 41k, Atherton an extra 20k and Tyldesley 12k, altogether 72k population.

They are up to 65 to 70 yr olds and the vulnerable.

It isn't predominantly an elderly aged area like Lytham, it's very mixed like most towns, admittedly there's a fair few idiots, but again no more than other towns.

Those figures don't add up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.