Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye.

A quick smear of Vicks Vapour Rub under the eyes will mimic a severe cold- a zoom call with a tissue on the nose, and hey presto, wfh when the cricket's on. :)

The cricket’s always on!

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, DaisyHWanderer said:

Cant wait till we can get shut of them but 

I hated wearing them at first even for ten mins 

Wear one most of the day at work now when I'm in the lab without it bothering me, its mad how quickly you adjust to things

Exactly, some folk moan for the sake of it though.

There are very few folk who genuinely for physical or mental reasons cannot wear a mask for a reasonable length of time. Especially as, like you say, you get used to it.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The worry is for shops and banks etc.. they will or probably insist on no face coverings for security reasons, therefore we could be creating a problem around peoples rights and have now created a problem, but hopefully we can create some common sense laws around them... if you know what a mean, people using the mask to take advantage and abuse the law, its going to be a tricky one.

Of course, will always be difficulties to overcome- though many banks already have security screens that will protect folk from viral breath!

It's just a thought about how we can all help prevent fellow folk from getting ill.

Maybe if we are a bit rough, then perhaps we shouldn't be going into banks etc until we're feeling better.

If we have to go somewhere with other folk for a while, then is wearing a mask such a hardship?

Not a matter for laws etc but just common decency. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If folk want to wear them fine same for those who don’t simple 

Point I'm getting at, is if we could all as a society help each other from contracting respiratory diseases by avoiding unnecessary contact when Ill, is it something as a society we could/should adopt?

Nowhere makes it mandatory, but by doing so we would help each other, the economy, education etc.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Point I'm getting at, is if we could all as a society help each other from contracting respiratory diseases by avoiding unnecessary contact when Ill, is it something as a society we could/should adopt?

Nowhere makes it mandatory, but by doing so we would help each other, the economy, education etc.

All depends what areas you’re thinking possibly supermarkets & buses/tube but nothing beyond that for me 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Winchester White said:

I think I would rather spend a week in Blackpool than Benidorm. 

@Traf, I’m torn at the moment. Blackpool or Benidorm.

No, decision made. Could you sort me out with a week in a septic tank somewhere nice please. All inclusive and decent time flights please.

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

@Traf, I’m torn at the moment. Blackpool or Benidorm.

No, decision made. Could you sort me out with a week in a septic tank somewhere nice please. All inclusive and decent time flights please.

Jesus, Benners, I'd say.

Just.

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

All depends what areas you’re thinking possibly supermarkets & buses/tube but nothing beyond that for me 

Precisely. 

If we've got a touch of mon flu (scientifically proven now) then for the most part we're not doing our usual things for a day or two.

But just apply common sense when in such situations. 

13 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

I haven't been posting them because there's been backdating from Easter and it just skews the figures a bit

And they haven’t been released yet.

I was thinking, maybe, single figures GOT DEAD.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’re not the problem anymore.

Jonathan T. Foreigner Esq. needs to get his shit together now.

Thanks to that individual, the AZ vaccine that was the at cost solution for the poorer nations, has taken a battering, making it more difficult for everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Thanks to that individual, the AZ vaccine that was the at cost solution for the poorer nations, has taken a battering, making it more difficult for everyone. 

The AZ vaccine will still be the solution for the developing nations imo

13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

AZ share price has dropped whereas Moderna and Pfizer have risen... where's the justice?

27 minutes ago, Spider said:

We’re not the problem anymore.

Jonathan T. Foreigner Esq. needs to get his shit together now.

Look at Chile... successful vacc programme but infection and deaths are now rising, they lifted their travel restrictions and they are on the Brazilian border.

Israel has a similar vacc rate but has kept it tight with Vacc cards and their infection rate is still down.

Our overall level of immunity is much higher than Chile's though - 20% there compared with 70%+ here

It also appears Chile have been using Sinovac which doesn't appear to be as effective, especially after one dose.

Edited by jmjhb