Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

India are fucked. Seems to be affecting younger ones too which is awful and a real worry.

The last plane from there landed a couple of hours ago before it is finally put on the red list at 4am.

Hope officials are checking that those already returned are completing their isolation at home.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Hope officials are checking that those already returned are completing their isolation at home.

So do I pal but the cat is already out of the bag.

From the BBC:

Bangladesh, which had the South Africa but not the Brazil variant, and Pakistan, which had neither, were added to the red list on 9 April.

But India, which had both as well as a new variant, was not added for another two weeks.

I am struggling to see why this is the case. I am also trying not to just do a Tory Gov bashing for the sake of it. But how the hell does all this make any sense ?

1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

From the BBC:

Bangladesh, which had the South Africa but not the Brazil variant, and Pakistan, which had neither, were added to the red list on 9 April.

But India, which had both as well as a new variant, was not added for another two weeks.

I am struggling to see why this is the case. I am also trying not to just do a Tory Gov bashing for the sake of it. But how the hell does all this make any sense ?

Boris was due to go to India...

• Site Supporter

I have a question and where better to ask it than here?

1st jabs number 33,527,651 and 2nd jabs 11,192,601 (from the pic above)

Now the question:

The 11.2 million folk who have had a second jab, are they taken off the tally of first jabs? (Does 33.5 million include the 11.2 million also include the two-jabbers?)

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I have a question and where better to ask it than here?

1st jabs number 33,527,651 and 2nd jabs 11,192,601 (from the pic above)

Now the question:

The 11.2 million folk who have had a second jab, are they taken off the tally of first jabs? (Does 33.5 million include the 11.2 million also include the two-jabbers?)

Too many includes micky.

but yes I believe it does include in the first number those who’ve had 2nd jab. Purely because it would likely confuse folk otherwise If the 1st number started to decrease on any given day  no doubt it would be boris’ fault 😆

• Site Supporter
17 hours ago, Winchester White said:

From the BBC:

It makes no sense. 

• Site Supporter
On 06/06/2020 at 21:04, paulhanley said:

If the liberals had finally got their scalp with Cummings it would have been a grand case of "after the horse has bolted"

Mr Cummings did his job perfectly in 2016 and 2019. Which of course is why they despise him and are out for blood.

As it is, our liberal friends are still left frothing at the mouth - and we are out of the EU and have a Conservative government with a majority of 80.

What do you reckon Paul, Team Dom still doing a grand job? 😊

10 hours ago, Spider said:

What do you reckon Paul, Team Dom still doing a grand job? 😊

We are still out of the EU and we still have a Conservative Government with a majority of 80. Our national vaccination programme has been a success and proves the benefit of being a fully sovereign state. There's far more good than bad.

I rather suspect you'll find that at the May 6 elections you'll find that all of this current froth is very peripheral. If you want to take current events as a minor victory and dredge through posts going back 10 months ago to do so, you're very welcome. 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

We are still out of the EU and we still have a Conservative Government with a majority of 80. Our national vaccination programme has been a success and proves the benefit of being a fully sovereign state. There's far more good than bad.

I rather suspect you'll find that at the May 6 elections you'll find that all of this current froth is very peripheral. If you want to take current events as a minor victory and dredge through posts going back 10 months ago to do so, you're very welcome. 

Beautifully avoided.

Let’s move on.

It is what it is 😆😆😆

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Beautifully avoided.

Let’s move on.

It is what it is 😆😆😆

Not avoiding anything. These things happen in the lifespan of every Government. in one form or another. You just have to contextualise them - which is not easy to do when the media is in full-on drama mode. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, paulhanley said:

Not avoiding anything. These things happen in the lifespan of every Government. in one form or another. You just have to contextualise them - which is not easy to do when the media is in full-on drama mode. 

“These things happen”

Mind if I put that in the “It is what it is” box of responses we use when brushing things under the carpet?

59 minutes ago, Spider said:

“These things happen”

Mind if I put that in the “It is what it is” box of responses we use when brushing things under the carpet?

If you check the front pages of today's newspapers I would doubt you can sustain an argument about things being brushed under the carpet. The point is will Johnson sustain permanent damage? My judgement is that he will not. The May 6 elections will give us an initial indicator. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

If you check the front pages of today's newspapers I would doubt you can sustain an argument about things being brushed under the carpet. The point is will Johnson sustain permanent damage? My judgement is that he will not. The May 6 elections will give us an initial indicator. 

Local elections indicate nothing. Nay fucker turns up for a start and a lot of parochial parties pick up votes as they focus on local issues.

Right now I’m busy having my third poo of the day and imaging Santos playing like he did earlier in the season and scoring about 7 own goals 😶

On 07/04/2021 at 18:10, kent_white said:

It's India I'm nervous for. Over 100,000 new cases a day. A couple of weeks time and I dread to think what their death toll is going to be! 😳

2 weeks and 3 days ago. We should have been pouring in supplies since way before some shitkicker on WW realised there was going to be a problem. 

They're now looking at 345,000 new cases a day. It's terrible now - it'll look like armegeddon in 3 weeks without a massive international effort. 

Horrible......

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

2 weeks and 3 days ago. We should have been pouring in supplies since way before some shitkicker on WW realised there was going to be a problem. 

They're now looking at 345,000 new cases a day. It's terrible now - it'll look like armegeddon in 3 weeks without a massive international effort. 

Horrible......

That is recorded deaths, they are literally dying in the streets over there now.

Absolutely awful.

Edited by Winchester White
Can't spell

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Horrible......

Read on a news site from India that they’re expecting daily deaths to be above 10,000 in a couple of weeks.

They're preparing pits to cremate the dead en masse.

But at least they got to watch some live cricket before they suffocated to death 🤗