Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Radio 5 on Sunday saying they believe the actual numbers per day are about 10x what’s being recorded 

10x!

Wouldn’t surprise anyone. As lovely as Indians are, that country is still third world in many ways

Just now, Spider said:

Wouldn’t surprise anyone. As lovely as Indians are, that country is still third world in many ways

Said it before it’s the worst country I’ve ever visited on earth to date in the main overall. Describing it as third world is doing it a massive favour 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Said it before it’s the worst country I’ve ever visited on earth to date in the main overall. Describing it as third world is doing it a massive favour 

Burning folk on waste ground isn’t something the Indian tourist board will be putting in the brochures

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Spider said:

It's a weird one visiting India 

Recall being on a bus and looking at some ramshackle tin pot house 

Then out pops the most immaculately dressed family you've ever seen 

They're poor but do their best not to be

• Site Supporter

Our company has a huge investment in India. They are our global outsourcing centre and we employ 20,000 people there. We are also looking to move more and more hardware and tech away from China to India.

Luckily our main bases are not as badly hit as other areas but we receive daily updates and they aren't good, like we were back in Dec/Jan. But this new strain is a fucker and I do worry for them, even the best health system would struggle.

14 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Our company has a huge investment in India. They are our global outsourcing centre and we employ 20,000 people there. We are also looking to move more and more hardware and tech away from China to India.

Luckily our main bases are not as badly hit as other areas but we receive daily updates and they aren't good, like we were back in Dec/Jan. But this new strain is a fucker and I do worry for them, even the best health system would struggle.

We've started to see a real shift of stuff from China to India over the last 4 or 5 years.....sadly, a lot of it moves back fairly quickly as India is arguably more corrupt that China, and some of the build quality is shocking. As a manufacturing hub, certainly for electronics, they're a good decade behind the Chinese, but it'll come eventually, as they're improving and investing loads in that sector at present

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, little whitt said:

seen something today 

11% of the worlds GOLD is owned by Indian Wife's 

it said  its more then 3 country's gold Reserve 

Gordon Brown gave it to them.

22 hours ago, Spider said:

Burning folk on waste ground isn’t something the Indian tourist board will be putting in the brochures

Isn’t that normal anyway?

Up to now I couldn't believe India had escaped without major damage, this virus appears to me to be Nature's check and balance against our over populating the planet and India always appeared to be a prime target.

Then BOOM.

This thing seems to lurk in the long grass and waits until we drop our guard and every infection wave seems to be more deadly.

• Moderators

Vaccine booked in 14/5 and 30/7 

Dunno about anyone else but put my SK8 postcode into the test centre locator thing on the website and was told my nearest centres were Stoke, Widnes, Liverpool, Hathersage, Sheffield and basically nowhere near home - same for other mates with Stockport postcodes despite there being plenty places nearer 

Tried again with my old M20 postcode (4 miles away) and got in at Altrincham for first one and Ethiad for second 

Edited by Zico

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

Vaccine booked in 14/5 and 30/7 

Dunno about anyone else but put my SK8 postcode into the test centre locator thing on the website and was told my nearest centres werw

Ooh, cliff hangers. Watch next week’s episode to find out the nearest Covid centre.

36 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Can’t help but look back to full stadiums for the test match other week and all those silly cunts sploshing about in the River Ganges.

Fuckin ell were they playing at?

I wonder if the prevalence of outdoor transmission is as low in India as it is here (very very low)

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Up to now I couldn't believe India had escaped without major damage, this virus appears to me to be Nature's check and balance against our over populating the planet and India always appeared to be a prime target.

Then BOOM.

This thing seems to lurk in the long grass and waits until we drop our guard and every infection wave seems to be more deadly.

Africa got away lightly it would seem

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

Africa got away lightly it would seem

We'll wait and see, too many despots not letting the world know they are failing until it is too late. Also population density has to be a factor and Africa is huge