Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

4 minutes ago, Sweep said:

My Neighbour, she's about 80, and just come our of hospital after some stomach surgery. We were chatting to her over the fence yesterday, and she's having to self isolate because she's really not well at them minute, she still couldn't help but say "It's all a bit of an overreaction this, the Flu kills tens of thousands each year"  - I just walked off at that point, and left her speaking to Mrs Sweep

Older people seem as one in this matter, we are the concerned ones.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Wife works for the NHS and did that “NHS” shopping hour at Tesco Middlebrook yesterday, she said it was fucking farcical. Massive queues & empty shelves.

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

How’s it policed 

do they have to show some id? 

Initially started asking for NHS cards and trying to only let one person per card in, then sheer weight of numbers trying to gain entry soon changed all that - and it was a free for all, absolute shambles.

5 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Initially started asking for NHS cards and trying to only let one person per card in, then sheer weight of numbers trying to gain entry soon changed all that - and it was a free for all, absolute shambles.

Mate of mine went to Sainsburys this morning to pick up an Argos item. Was refused entry by security. He’s raging. But I’ve said to him he was moaning about oaps etc not being able to get in yesterday can’t have it both ways. And well done sainsburys 

16 minutes ago, Sweep said:

My Neighbour, she's about 80, and just come our of hospital after some stomach surgery. We were chatting to her over the fence yesterday, and she's having to self isolate because she's really not well at them minute, she still couldn't help but say "It's all a bit of an overreaction this, the Flu kills tens of thousands each year"  - I just walked off at that point, and left her speaking to Mrs Sweep

My auntie was saying the same shite the other day. I couldn't even be arsed replying. Probably won't hit them til it's someone they know

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

And there we go again; living in the land of the entitled. Folk on the street pretend they support an NHS only shopping hour until they think it'll impact on their own ability to stock up. 

• Members
Just now, Ruba Mustafa said:

Where is that shop ruddy, they’ve still got my favourite wine in stock that’s sold out at Tesco? 

Asda not sure which one, but if you listen closely you’ll probably still be able to hear the woman howling in pain just follow that.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Try 3 to the power of 10. That's what he was referring to with CV.

1.4 was for flu.

I know 

What i meant was the difference between 1.4 and 3 is nuts, had to get my calculator out to check

Here's another one 

NZ8aXGi.jpg

Just been taking dog for a walk on moss bank keeping well  away from everyone but by fuck there's some right thick fuckers.One bloke taking a keep fit group of about 10 through there paces.Some older chap give them a right mouthful and all they could say was that they are allowed to exercise.God give me strength 

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

CodkMpj.jpg

People are continuing to die in lockdown areas, and it’s still accelerating as well, is there any prove that it’s working?  I’m still gonna be exercising, waking, cycling and playing golf on my own. I think it’s as safe outside and distancing from other folk than staying inside and locked down. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

People are continuing to die in lockdown areas, and it’s still accelerating as well, is there any prove that it’s working?  I’m still gonna be exercising, waking, cycling and playing golf on my own. 

Crack on while you can then. You’ve got a day maybe two at most before it’s taken out of your hands and we are all confined to our homes