Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

Just now, Sweep said:

I have a feeling it'll happen either tomorrow or Wednesday  -  looked out of my front window earlier, as the postie had arrived, across the road a group of about 4 women all "power walking" together - that's the sort of idiocy we're dealing with here, people like that have to be forced into lock down, as they really don't understand what's happening at all

Yep same here. Folk out walking dogs in a big group. Madness and spoiling it for the rest of us. but it’s no surprise as it’s always that way 

I’m hoping there are severe penalties for breaching lockdown and these cunts fall foul of it 

9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Bollocks. Had to stay off work. Was sweating and shaking last night and have got the mother of all headaches. 

No cough or respiratory symptoms yet though. If it is even CV.

Not good mate 

keep us posted on how you are getting on. And get well soon we need you 👍🏼

27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Until lockdown is proven to work then it’s a big no from me. 

It's already been proven to reduce the spread of infection in in Lodi, and Wuhan province,  the two worst hit areas in the world, if you believe the analysis.  If you don''t believe it, fair enough, but you can't ignore it.   

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The problem is simple - if everyone says "lets rock on but be sensible its impossible to do". Hence the crowds in parks at weekend. As just one example. Or in Snowdonia. And everyone right now is thinking the same thing. See people going to work and being "forced" to crowd into a train. How do you stop that unless you force people not to do it?

It was the “people like him” condescending slur I wanted to pull you up on.

8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

It was the “people like him” condescending slur I wanted to pull you up on.

Because its people deciding they are going to do what they want and be "sensible". The point is that everyone or most are saying that and that's where the issue comes. You can be perfectly planning to be "sensible" but if half the world rocks up at the same places all planning to be sensible......

The message from the NHS is "stay at home" it is now what is needed tbh. I'd not have an issue with people having walk in their locality or whatever, but at least then it somehow spreads it out a bit. But driving off to parks or clubs or golf courses or whatever adds in an unmanageable aspect. 

We'd all like to do loads of stuff but a lot are not doing because they know if they do it risks everyone else at this point. 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Because its people deciding they are going to do what they want and be "sensible". The point is that everyone or most are saying that and that's where the issue comes. You can be perfectly planning to be "sensible" but if half the world rocks up at the same places all planning to be sensible......

The message from the NHS is "stay at home" it is now what is needed tbh. I'd not have an issue with people having walk in their locality or whatever, but at least then it somehow spreads it out a bit. But driving off to parks or clubs or golf courses or whatever adds in an unmanageable aspect. 

We'd all like to do loads of stuff but a lot are not doing because they know if they do it risks everyone else at this point. 

He is conforming with Govt policy.

Edited by boltondiver

24 minutes ago, Spider said:

So if a lockdown is declared, you’ll still be out there with your pitching wedge?

Reluctantly I’ll have to abide, sadly it’s not needed, not yet anyhow and the alarmists have won the day if we do lock down within the next couple of days. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

21 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's already been proven to reduce the spread of infection in in Lodi, and Wuhan province,  the two worst hit areas in the world, if you believe the analysis.  If you don''t believe it, fair enough, but you can't ignore it.   

Could the virus have peaked anyhow ? Are the figures even correct or reliable in China? my view is lockdown should be very last resort and we ain’t at that stage yet, further more folk who are at high risk are already being told to isolate. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Reluctantly I’ll have to abide, sadly it’s not needed. 

The other day, you told somebody they needed to reign in their opinions (which I thought was most unlike you) - yet you're happy to offer up your opinion, which seems to be going against most others......seems a bit odd. I assume that you're still of the mind that we won't see anything like the death levels that Italy and Spain are seeing?!

2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Could the virus have peaked anyhow ? Are the figures even correct or reliable in China? my view is lockdown should be very last resort and we ain’t at that stage yet, further more folk who are at high risk are already being told to isolate. 

how many would you think we need to have dead before we enter a lockdown, you've clearly got a figure in your head

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

The other day, you told somebody they needed to reign in their opinions (which I thought was most unlike you) - yet you're happy to offer up your opinion, which seems to be going against most others......seems a bit odd. I assume that you're still of the mind that we won't see anything like the death levels that Italy and Spain are seeing?!

I am. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

At what stage atre we ready for lockdown ?

1000 deaths ? 10,000 deaths ? 1000,000 deaths ? 1,000,000 deaths ?

1 minute ago, ZiggyStardust said:

At what stage atre we ready for lockdown ?

1000 deaths ? 10,000 deaths ? 1000,000 deaths ? 1,000,000 deaths ?

That’s for the experts certainly not 250 as is current rate, social distancing and at risk folk self isolating should be sufficient for now. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s for the experts certainly not 250 as is current rate, social distancing and at risk folk self isolating should be sufficient for now. 

It'll be a thousand by the end of the week. What about then? 

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He can't guarantee he will with what he's doing. 

Ok then

Let’s consider;

He is in the open air, which the virus doesn’t seem to like

Always 6 feet away from anyone

In an area where there seems to be (from the stats) very few cases.

what are the chances of catching? 1 in a million?

If he has it, chances of passing it on? One in a million?

Problem as we know is those extra day 4 days of dicks being well, dicks, will inevitably lead to probably thousands more deaths in a couple of weeks time. 

the mentality of it’s not really a major issue now as not many have died is exactly what is going to lead to thousands of extra deaths and make it an even bigger major issue. It’s mind boggling really

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The concept don’t sit right with me, sensible distancing does feel right at the moment at least. 

many people cant sensibly distance when travelling to, or at work

i dont see why its so difficult for you to grasp

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Let’s hope it doesn’t. 

The government are preparing for it today - the coronavirus bill should get passed tonight as far as I'm aware.

If this happens, from tomorrow the police will be able to enforce restrictions on infectious and potentially infectious people. including screening , detaining etc, it will be against the law to abscond, jail terms and fines applicable (level 5 - think that means unlimited fine - level 4 is up to £2.5K)

They will also be able to enforce restrictions and quarantines  in and out of any premise in the UK, which basically means anywhere. That includes your house, a shop, a boat, a pub, a park , a tent, a train

If you're interested in reading, Its on here https://services.parliament.uk/Bills/2019-21/coronavirus.html- schedule 20 and 21 explains the lockdown - page 215 onward for people , and 260 onward for premises