Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

5 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Think I'll give up trying to understand the work stuff for now. I've clearly missed something somewhere down the line 😂

This is what they classed as key workers last week

Health and social care workers, including volunteers, social workers, and those working in the supply chain of medical goods

Teaching and Nursery staff

Justice system workers

Religious staff, charity workers delivering key frontline services

Those responsible for the management of the deceased

Journalists and broadcatsers providing public service broadcasting

Local and National Government administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the Covid19 response or delivering essential public services such as benefits

Food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery workers.

Necessary goods production, processing, distribution sale and delivery workers (eg hygenic and veterinary medicne goods)

Police and support staff

MOD civilian, contractor and armed forces

National crime agency staff

Border security, prison, probation staff

Transport workers including those who keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight systems operating

Utilities, communication and financial services staff, including workers in banks, building societies, finance markets, oil, gas, water sectors, IT, data infrastructure, civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications (network, field engineering, call centre staff)

Postal workers,

Payments providers

Waste disposal

999 and 111 staff

4 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

This is what they classed as key workers last week

Health and social care workers, including volunteers, social workers, and those working in the supply chain of medical goods

Teaching and Nursery staff

Justice system workers

Religious staff, charity workers delivering key frontline services

Those responsible for the management of the deceased

Journalists and broadcatsers providing public service broadcasting

Local and National Government administrative occupations essential to the effective delivery of the Covid19 response or delivering essential public services such as benefits

Food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery workers.

Necessary goods production, processing, distribution sale and delivery workers (eg hygenic and veterinary medicne goods)

Police and support staff

MOD civilian, contractor and armed forces

National crime agency staff

Border security, prison, probation staff

Transport workers including those who keep the air, water, road and rail passenger and freight systems operating

Utilities, communication and financial services staff, including workers in banks, building societies, finance markets, oil, gas, water sectors, IT, data infrastructure, civil nuclear, chemicals, telecommunications (network, field engineering, call centre staff)

Postal workers,

Payments providers

Waste disposal

999 and 111 staff

👍

The governments financial support has been excellent. And its really pleasing that they are sorting out the self employed, because they might be the toughest group to help but probably the most in need.

I strongly suggest they close all non essential business today or tomorrow - the scenes of commuters show that if you don't force businesses to close they won't. And this is how this thing will spread. 

24 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

As I see it, the Government’s latest announcement is vague, probably deliberate, there are grey areas, but we all know what they trying to achieve, if you can stay home stay home, if you go out ask yourself is it necessary, am I putting my life or someone else’s life at risk

If YOU choose to go out and it ends badly don’t blame Boris, Gove or anybody else it’s up to you, the alternative is a total lockdown with Police, Military on the streets and punishment to follow 

I think everyone gets the jist of it. The problem is I think MOST who could comply were. But you only need see pics and videos of the tube today to see commuters packing in. Unless they close all non essential business down, some businesses will not close and force their workforce in. 

That's the biggest risk - highest rate of spread in China was public transport. IMO only essential workers should be going out now. We might only need that for 3 weeks to halt transmission but I think it will be needed. People with jobs need clarity - because you're asking someone to weigh up, do I go and get a pay check or stay of the train/bus/tube to comply with advice.....Sports Direct etc show that even with direct orders some will be dicks. But right now loads of places opening that aren't essential because people aren't being "forced". 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The governments financial support has been excellent. And its really pleasing that they are sorting out the self employed, because they might be the toughest group to help but probably the most in need.

I strongly suggest they close all non essential business today or tomorrow - the scenes of commuters show that if you don't force businesses to close they won't. And this is how this thing will spread. 

I agree, think it will happen sooner rather than later, they're continuing the drip feed strategy, letting us get used to new measures gradually.

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

I agree, think it will happen sooner rather than later, they're continuing the drip feed strategy, letting us get used to new measures gradually.

I have a view on that I think its backwards. I get their behaviour scientists disagree - but if you hit everyone with a strict lockdown initially and then over time when you can gradually release restrictions people feel things getting slowly better - see China. Whereas the way they're doing this people feel everything is getting worse daily so more tempted to just "grab last bit of freedom" or panic buy or whatever. 

I get that they need to time it with the peak but for me at least these dripfeed measures are just prolonging the agony. 

1 minute ago, Ghana White said:

Woman this morning on westhoughton facebook page.. "are the hairdressers open today?" Some people arent getting it still. I'm not sure what you can do besides start building emergency prisons for idiots and stick them in till it's over.

Plenty of old folk were walking aimlessly around Market Street yesterday. Probably because Spoons was closed :(

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Plenty of old folk were walking aimlessly around Market Street yesterday. Probably because Spoons was closed :(

Did one of them have a bag of golf clubs on his shoulder?

58 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Announcement coming on Wednesday with financial support for the self employed.

speaking to one of my mates yesterday, he's a tree chopper downer (or tree surgeon as he'd have you believe) - anyway, he's quite legit, and generally puts everything through his books. He was saying some of the blokes he works with generally do "cash jobs" whenever they can.....they're now realising that they're pretty fucked with regards to what they can claim (as and when it gets cleared up), as they've been declaring minimal earnings for the last umpteen years.