Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

To be fair I know it's not as advantageous as it used to be. Dont you avoid the NI though as well? 

The advantage of dividends isn’t huge. Yes you avoid NI but over and above £2k you pay tax at 7.5% whereas an employed person pays NI at 12%

A company director though doesn’t get sick pay, holiday pay etc and generally has to  take more risks than employees

Well I thought my neighbours would see me as a dick clapping on my own, but was pleasantly surprised.  I love my neighbours now, clapping and waving to each other has done us all a bloody world of good.  I think there’s only me my in my little road working through this, most are OAP’s, but that was uplifting.  Breightmet made noise, fireworks the lot 🙂 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, kent_white said:

In retrospect - I'm a wanker. It was actually a lovely touch. Didn't think anyone would really do it apart from on telly! 

I can understand it might feel a bit odd, but for folk looking in at you guys, it's not easy to say thanks.

Perhaps not a traditionally British thing to do.

Completely forgot about it though, as we were watching what I think is the last episode of waking the dead! :)

Wondered why fireworks went off as the program was finishing.

2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I reckon the second time a communal clap is organised it'll be even bigger, there'll be loads who felt a bit reluctant or embarrassed to this first time. We'll end up with Red Arrows involved and all sorts in a few weeks I bet!

Make a public holiday; we can have a day off at home!

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I reckon the second time a communal clap is organised it'll be even bigger, there'll be loads who felt a bit reluctant or embarrassed to this first time. We'll end up with Red Arrows involved and all sorts in a few weeks I bet!

You're right there. Just need folk to get over that embarrassment.

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Fell asleep on couch 

Shame 

in for next one 

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

BBC Question Time seems like an ambush and has turned in to a blame game, Fat Thornberry having sly digs as she rolls along. Turned it off, searching for a virus free film on Netflix.

Was listening to it on the radio, wasn't aware that the Coronavirus outbreak was the fault of the Tories, but that seemed the direction it was going.

Regarding the clapping they said on BBC that in Spain & Italy it's happening every night. 

I got some dust in my eye watching the folk in my street doing it. I was stood at the window. We had fireworks as well.

Well done to those who did it. I'm sure it's a massive boost to the NHS staff to realise how much they are appreciated!

10 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

BBC Question Time seems like an ambush and has turned in to a blame game, Fat Thornberry having sly digs as she rolls along. Turned it off, searching for a virus free film on Netflix.

The thing is I think most of the country realise that it's a no win situation for any government. To be political point scoring is making folk realise what a set of useless cunts that Labour are. They're making themselves totally un-electable for such a long time.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Onto a good idea there.

Why not have NHS day to commemorate these events and all the other stuff they do?

Need a suitable date, but another bank holiday would be welcome.

There's a lot of other unsung heroes that should be recognised as well. I feel particularly sorry for shop workers at the moment with the shit they're having to put up with.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Someone on here mentioned about the Tiddlywinks eating all sorts of shit for decades.

Why hasn't a virus of this scale happened before ?

I know smaller ones have, but why not on this scale ? Or should I put this in the conspiracy thread ?

It's got nothing to do with what anyone's eaten, so that's definitely a candidate for the conspiracy thread.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Someone on here mentioned about the Tiddlywinks eating all sorts of shit for decades.

Why hasn't a virus of this scale happened before ?

I know smaller ones have, but why not on this scale ? Or should I put this in the conspiracy thread ?

SARS & MERS not count buddy?