Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

56 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Had to fill the van up. Signs up and gloves available. Barriers to stop customers getting too close to staff. All good stuff.

A young girl goes in to the spar and comes out with a slush. 

Gone out for no other reason than to buy a fucking slush!

Kinell.

HBWH (actually best not)

4 minutes ago, L/H White said:

do we think we will have a proper full lockdown soon, or is this it?

we'll run as we are for another week, if the numbers start to climb like they are in Spain and Italy, then it'll be a full lock down.........so basically, I'd have a guess at a week today (not based on anything other than looking at how Italy and Spain have gone, and I see no reason why we won't be following the same path)

I'm still amazed they've not got us on full lock down yet really

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

769 today in Spain. It's fierce over there, possibly worse than Italy.

London needs a total and complete lockdown. Now.

if the epicenter of the virus was in bolton, we'd be on full by now

to much money passing through london, fucking vultures

57 minutes ago, Spider said:

NY is going to be worse than Italy isnt it?

They're going to get more hospitalizations if the trend continues. They do have the ability to throw shitloads of money at getting ICU beds and ventilators so they may be able to save a lot, hopefully. Mayor of NY thinks they need 30,000.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/27/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Just had a text exchange with my mate - a nurse up at the hospital.

Him "It's started"

Me   "How bad is it?"

Him "Horrific"

Same lad who was telling me how quiet it was last week.

Grim...☹️

Give him our love...

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Dunno - feels pretty much locked down here.

they need to be shutting the tube - or limiting the amount that can get on, making people wear masks, checking peoples temperatures before they get into a station,  checking up on building sites, offices and factories, closing down the ones that aren't complying etc.   

Edited by peelyfeet

34 minutes ago, Spider said:

769 today in Spain. It's fierce over there, possibly worse than Italy.

London needs a total and complete lockdown. Now.

As I say, aside from essential workers it pretty much is. Trains need to run to get these people across the capital. I'm in zone 4 and it's empty, parks shutdown and cleared.

Just spoke to a colleague who lives near Liverpool st and its a ghost town. 

In central London areas you get moved on my the police, shutting the tube (or restricting it) is worse - means more key workers on less trains. That doesn't help at all. In London most commutes are an hour so the public transport needs to run.

I've a funny feeling people think its still business as usual here or that the rest of the country won't catch up soon. My hope is that being ahead of the rest of the country we can get out of this a little sooner than other places.

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

In central London areas you get moved on my the police, shutting the tube (or restricting it) is worse - means more key workers on less trains. That doesn't help at all. In London most commutes are an hour so the public transport needs to run.

I've a funny feeling people think its still business as usual here or that the rest of the country won't catch up soon. My hope is that being ahead of the rest of the country we can get out of this a little sooner than other places.

In Wuhan, they had guards on every train and platform ensuring people kept a distance, not letting people on the platform or the trains/underground if they got too crowded -  they had temperature scanners set up, big screens at the entrance to stations - anyone with a high temperature was not allowed through, I.D taken taken, put on a list told to go home and isolate - They had similar measures outside supermarkets and shopping centres - if you got caught out and about whilst on the list you could be arrested. 1 person allowed to leave the house every 2 days to get food or medicine. Had to wear a mask if leaving the house, or again face arrest. Blockades on residential streets, you needed to check in and out - come back too late and you don't get back in until morning

That's what lockdown is like

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

In Wuhan, they had guards on every train and platform ensuring people kept a distance, not letting people on the platform or the trains/underground if they got too crowded -  they had temperature scanners set up, big screens at the entrance to stations - anyone with a high temperature was not allowed through, I.D taken taken, put on a list told to go home and isolate - They had similar measures outside supermarkets and shopping centres - if you got caught out and about whilst on the list you could be arrested. 1 person allowed to leave the house every 2 days to get food or medicine. Had to wear a mask if leaving the house, or again face arrest. Blockades on residential streets, you needed to check in and out - come back too late and you don't get back in until morning

That's what lockdown is like

Aye.

I've not left the house since Wednesday, missus just to go to work.

I look outside, and look at social media, and people are just breathing this fucking virus all over each other on the streets, down the shops, in the parks etc..

We're fucking ourselves