Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Spider said:

Aye.

I've not left the house since Wednesday, missus just to go to work.

I look outside, and look at social media, and people are just breathing this fucking virus all over each other on the streets, down the shops, in the parks etc..

We're fucking ourselves

It isn't as bad as you describe, in fairness. When out with the hounds folk allowing plenty of distance between each other.

Ok some, like the girl I mentioned earlier aren't helping, but it's a hell of a lot quieter.

Whether that's enough, we'll see. Still reckon a more stringent lock down is coming though.

• Site Supporter
57 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Just had a text exchange with my mate - a nurse up at the hospital.

Him "It's started"

Me   "How bad is it?"

Him "Horrific"

Same lad who was telling me how quiet it was last week.

It's sarted..

Meaning the uptake in cases?

In comparison to where I am/was...  those with it will have started on the really bad chest pains yesterday and today..

I worked it out I contracted it when i was back in school so Monday/Tuesday last week,

When did they close the pubs?

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

It's sarted..

Meaning the uptake in cases?

In comparison to where I am/was...  those with it will have started on the really bad chest pains yesterday and today..

I worked it out I contracted it when i was back in school so Monday/Tuesday last week,

When did they close the pubs?

The pubs have been shut for 6 days , 21 hours,, 36 minutes

Roughly

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

The pubs have been shut for 6 days , 21 hours,, 36 minutes

Roughly

So it's basically going to be a large portion of the people who went out for a last drink..

It's gonna be a grim week ahead :(

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah - he reckons they're overun. Not sure if that's just his unit or across the hospital.

What's the A&E triage been like recently? Has the virus stopped all Bolton's finest scum popping in for a warm?

8 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

So it's basically going to be a large portion of the people who went out for a last drink..

It's gonna be a grim week ahead :(

Couple of pubs have remained open in farnworth with folk getting in through the back doors. Police named and shamed the Shakespeare yesterday.

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Couple of pubs have remained open in farnworth with folk getting in through the back doors. Police named and shamed the Shakespeare yesterday.

I saw that, they'll have their licence taken off them, and quite rightly the idiots

• Site Supporter
Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

181 deaths in a day - aren't we more or less tracking right on Italy still?

181 is shit-yer-pants territory 

Most of them are in London.

But yes, we’re following italy closely

55 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

In Wuhan, they had guards on every train and platform ensuring people kept a distance, not letting people on the platform or the trains/underground if they got too crowded -  they had temperature scanners set up, big screens at the entrance to stations - anyone with a high temperature was not allowed through, I.D taken taken, put on a list told to go home and isolate - They had similar measures outside supermarkets and shopping centres - if you got caught out and about whilst on the list you could be arrested. 1 person allowed to leave the house every 2 days to get food or medicine. Had to wear a mask if leaving the house, or again face arrest. Blockades on residential streets, you needed to check in and out - come back too late and you don't get back in until morning

That's what lockdown is like

Thanks for the definition 🙄

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

181 deaths in a day - aren't we more or less tracking right on Italy still?

Slightly faster growth at this stage if we look back at last 14 days,

Our daily death number has doubled roughly every 3.5 days, so twice a week.

Today may be a blip, if not it looks like we are going to get to around 700 per day within 2 weeks. But this depends on when the effect of the restrictions kick in - most think it takes  2-3 weeks so we may have another week or 2 of growth.

Italy has been plateauing out at around 680 per day for a week now , 2 weeks after Lombardy went into lockdown, so if we follow them we'll do that in a week or so, all depends on if our restrictions have been effective as Italy's lockdowns - if they haven't we'll plateau later with a higher daily number, if they have we'll plateau earlier with a lower daily number.

I hope Italy drops today

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Yeah I'm hoping it's the end of this week's symptoms and not the start of next week's....

One tip, even if you are not hungry, make sure you eat..

MY taste went for a bit, drinking a can of cola that had an odd taste and was vile so made a glass of vimto, same.. I had to force myself to eat but reckon it helped

Just found out my Missus mum and dad and sister , husband and 4 month old baby are carrying on as though nowt up. Moving freely between each other’s houses for dinner at night out for walks etc. Seems they think they’ve not got it and won’t come into contact with it so they’re fine. Then rang from the supermarket this morning complaining it was busy as fuck folk disobeying social distancing and complaining about it. The irony of it. all 5 of them in a group. I’ve Just found out and said to the mrs that’s them fucked then I imagine and can’t believe for educated people how fucking stupid they actually are