Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

The longer this goes on, the less likely it is that it was just a bit of a stunt to get people to take note of the social distancing. I’m sure he’ll be getting the best of care but his body will have to up for the fight. Fingers crossed he’s doing a press conference in a Chorley FM baseball cap in a few days. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The longer this goes on, the less likely it is that it was just a bit of a stunt to get people to take note of the social distancing. I’m sure he’ll be getting the best of care but his body will have to up for the fight. Fingers crossed he’s doing a press conference in a Chorley FM baseball cap in a few days. 

It's going to take him ages to recover from it too :(

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

All the best of luck to Boris. I take it he doesn't have an offical deputy then? Would rather have the chancellor in charge than Raab but maybe Sunak has his hands full as it is. 

Raab is the official second in charge

22 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

We are in the time we live in, and we will deal with it as such. 

Alright Yoda.

got a bad feeling about this Bojo thing personally.

Was gonna say it feels pivotal; like it may be one of those “where were you when....” moments 

But then I thought again. Well we’re all at home. Obvs 

1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

Alright Yoda.

got a bad feeling about this Bojo thing personally.

Was gonna say it feels pivotal; like it may be one of those “where were you when....” moments 

But then I thought again. Well we’re all at home. Obvs 

All I’m saying is don’t try and control something you can’t - as a society we elect leaders, if they get sick - we have to look to a different way of managing the country (and god help us if Rabb is doing owt)

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

All I’m saying is don’t try and control something you can’t - as a society we elect leaders, if they get sick - we have to look to a different way of managing the country (and god help us if Rabb is doing owt)

Raab has been deputised, I can't imagine if the worst case scenario happens, them having a long drawn out leadership campaign.  

It goes without saying that I hope Boris pulls through, but he's going to have to step back for a bit as it's going to be a hell of a battle and it will take it out of him. I had mild symptoms, and it took me a week and a half to get back to normal.. 

• Members
48 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Popped over to Twitter, god there are some vile fuckers on there, imagine wishing someone dead or saying Boris deserves it etc..... there's a line and some fuckers cross it, and unfortunately Twitter as it's fair share of fuckers.

They believe they have a platform to say whatever they like with no repercussions . It’s disgusting.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

They believe they have a platform to say whatever they like with no repercussions . It’s disgusting.

They do. "Free Speech" innit?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, royal white said:

Others may see it as hate speech which would result in repercussions. 

I know Facebook don't see it as hate speech,  it's against a middle aged privileged white man, 

Broke my not reporting people rule last night and Facebook deemed that someone wishing him dead wasn't hate speech.. 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

So they wont be including deaths in the statistics for those with underlying health conditions as they were on their last legs anyway, so to speak.

Looks like it

42 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

So they wont be including deaths in the statistics for those with underlying health conditions as they were on their last legs anyway, so to speak.

Loads of people with underlying health conditions aren’t about to croak it you know? Underlying health conditions includes about half the UK population. Asthma, blood pressure, diabetes, heart conditions, autoimmune diseases - those people aren’t all going to die tomorrow or next week. Many will live for decades longer if not for COVID 19. Kids with asthma have  an underlying health condition. But we aren’t expecting them to die!

Edited by bwfcfan5