Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

It's something that's really not gotten through to people in the wider public, that just because something doesn't kill you, doesn't mean it isn't fucking horrendous and to be avoided.

'Only' 1% may ultimately end up dying, but it's not at all clear how many people go through two weeks of absolute hell. Given you can be as ill as Sweep describes without touching a hospital or a test, I'd suggest that number could be very high.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Right, here goes.....

I started to feel bad, really bad on Friday 27th March -  all the commonly know symptoms from zero sense of smell or taste through to high temperature, constant cough and splitting headache.

Saturday 28th March was one of the worst nights of my life, and after the wife made a long phone call to 11, they advised that an ambulance should be called if I was struggling to breathe, which I was. I decided I'd be OK and told her not to call an ambulance......Sunday 29th, absolutely horrific, temperature cycling between boiling and freezing, and the headache like nothing I've ever experienced. If I didn't regulate my breathing, then I'd descend into a mass coughing fit, which would almost make me pass out due to lack on being able to breathe.

Mrs Sweep again calls 111, who say that we should call an ambulance.......no chance I say, again, as I don't fancy it.

Monday 30th, I start to feel a little less dreadful and think I'm past it........Tuesday 1st April, it's back as bad as ever and I'm as low as I've ever been, but it seems to be coming over me in waves now (the temperature, the cough is a constant). Mrs Sweep reminded me earlier that I went to bed at 18:00 on the Saturday, and didn't actually get out of bed again until the following Wednesday, that's ow utterly fucked I was

Anyway, over a week later, and I'm over the worst of it certainly, my lung capacity is pretty fucked at the minute, and I can;t hold my breath from more than about 3 seconds before I spiral into a coughing fit that floors me.

At no point in that horrendous 7-10 days did I think I was actually going to die, but I certainly was aware that if there was anything the slightest thing wrong with me, then I'd have been in deep, deep shit.

The only positive I can take at the minute is that I'm getting better and stronger should hopefully be immune now. Sadly, one of my friends, aged 51, went into Stevenage Hospital last Tuesday with a Liver infection, and died of COVID-19 on the Friday morning, he leaves a wife and a ten year old son.....

Those of you who haven't experienced it yet, I hope that you never do. Those of you that still claim "it's just a mild cold/flu" just don't know what the fuck you're talking about, this is a serious thing that sadly seems to affect different people in different ways, to just assume that all you'll get it and it'll be like a small sniffle is pretty naive at best. Plenty of you on here know me, and I'm hardly in the overweight and unhealthy bracket, and it absolutely floored me - I sincerely hope that nobody on here, or your families get this virus, and if you do, that you don't suffer or feel half as bad as I did

Glad you're feeling better.

Has the missus shown any symptoms at all?

• Members

My mrs was reminding me of when she was ill at the turn of the year. 
She had a temp for a few days, ached all over and had a bad cough, little then had the same. I had no symptoms whatsoever. Strange. 

32 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Right, here goes.....

I started to feel bad, really bad on Friday 27th March -  all the commonly know symptoms from zero sense of smell or taste through to high temperature, constant cough and splitting headache.

Saturday 28th March was one of the worst nights of my life, and after the wife made a long phone call to 11, they advised that an ambulance should be called if I was struggling to breathe, which I was. I decided I'd be OK and told her not to call an ambulance......Sunday 29th, absolutely horrific, temperature cycling between boiling and freezing, and the headache like nothing I've ever experienced. If I didn't regulate my breathing, then I'd descend into a mass coughing fit, which would almost make me pass out due to lack on being able to breathe.

Mrs Sweep again calls 111, who say that we should call an ambulance.......no chance I say, again, as I don't fancy it.

Monday 30th, I start to feel a little less dreadful and think I'm past it........Tuesday 1st April, it's back as bad as ever and I'm as low as I've ever been, but it seems to be coming over me in waves now (the temperature, the cough is a constant). Mrs Sweep reminded me earlier that I went to bed at 18:00 on the Saturday, and didn't actually get out of bed again until the following Wednesday, that's ow utterly fucked I was

Anyway, over a week later, and I'm over the worst of it certainly, my lung capacity is pretty fucked at the minute, and I can;t hold my breath from more than about 3 seconds before I spiral into a coughing fit that floors me.

At no point in that horrendous 7-10 days did I think I was actually going to die, but I certainly was aware that if there was anything the slightest thing wrong with me, then I'd have been in deep, deep shit.

The only positive I can take at the minute is that I'm getting better and stronger should hopefully be immune now. Sadly, one of my friends, aged 51, went into Stevenage Hospital last Tuesday with a Liver infection, and died of COVID-19 on the Friday morning, he leaves a wife and a ten year old son.....

Those of you who haven't experienced it yet, I hope that you never do. Those of you that still claim "it's just a mild cold/flu" just don't know what the fuck you're talking about, this is a serious thing that sadly seems to affect different people in different ways, to just assume that all you'll get it and it'll be like a small sniffle is pretty naive at best. Plenty of you on here know me, and I'm hardly in the overweight and unhealthy bracket, and it absolutely floored me - I sincerely hope that nobody on here, or your families get this virus, and if you do, that you don't suffer or feel half as bad as I did

This is what happens when you and Mrs sweep stop supping 

33 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Right, here goes.....

It's a made up illness! :)

Glad you're on the mend!

34 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Right, here goes.....

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you’re on the mend. This is a bastard disease.

39 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Right, here goes.....

I wish all the morons who continue to congregate and ignore social distancing guidelines could read this.

25 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

I wonder if your symptoms depend on something to do with your immune system? Like if your immune system goes hell for leather you end up with fucked lungs?

I am just guessing like.

That’s exactly what happens with severe cases. 

19 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I'd also like to add, Mrs Sweep, who did a sterling job looking after me, hasn't shown even the slight symptom or sign of having anything (thus far) - and she's got Asthma!!!  -  'tis most weird

sounds horrific mate - hope you recover well

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, DazBob said:

I wish all the morons who continue to congregate and ignore social distancing guidelines could read this.

They can’t read.

Glad you’re on the mend Sweep, that sound absolutely dreadful.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just been on that Jet2 are to resume on the 17th June 

That's strange

Seeing as folk can't, as yet, travel to airports, congregate etc etc

And back to the UK and isolate for 2 weeks?

Very odd

Be interesting to hear Trafs take on the timing of the announcement