Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

7 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

At the end is the key statement there for me. How we can find fault before it’s over and we don’t know who had the best strategy I don’t know 

we can’t compare ourselves to South Korea as their fight has been very much tech led and nobody else has that tech that I’m aware of to the same level of complexity. So it’s like comparing the sports science department at @Mr Grey’s mob and Chorley 

Fair enough. Hand on heart though, you expecting any public enquiry to have us coming out of this smelling of roses?

1 minute ago, Spider said:

917 today.

I think I just heard them say that the US had over 2000 today as well, obviate not to compare us to them, but they could come in with some horrendous numbers over the coming days/weeks

14 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Fair enough. Hand on heart though, you expecting any public enquiry to have us coming out of this smelling of roses?

No as nobody is perfect. But what I don’t want is a witch hunt which is what certain members of society will want. And they will all have very loud views Blair how it should have been done. When In reality hindsight is the most powerful tool of them all but it’s something we simply don’t have at our disposal 

And correct me if I’m wrong here. But why are we already looking for a public inquiry into something that’s in reality only just begun? Surely the decision to hold an inquiry is decided after an event?

its like deciding we’re having a coroners inquest into someone’s death before they’ve actually died 

this is the most worrying thing for me is folk are clamoring for this when it’s all back to front in reality 

and if anyone can tell me any different please do 

Edited by Escobarp

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Benjamin Netanyahu  was a fan of hers, I didn't now he had tiny clumps of soft hair on his head at the time they met.

Stop going on about Benjamin Netanyahu, you're never going to meet him

20 minutes ago, Spider said:

I bet she’s got one of those tiny clumps of soft hair right round her arsehole.

Keep ‘em moist.

Indeed.

Sadly Dianne Abbott and her beautifully moist leathery flaps aren't in the public eye now, so Priti will have to do as a substitute

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, leigh white said:

For nearly the past 10 years, it's that bastard Labour Party, I do read papers and watch the news on the telly.

I reckon you must be the only one blaming the Labour party.

There's enough evidence to understand how our testing capability was limited initially.

15 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I reckon you already know the answer to that.

I don’t and I’m genuinely interested to know what people think. Do you know?

It might be those in the Cobra meetings, the Cabinet, Public Health England, the wider government, the non-governmental experts who are advising us to take the right steps at the right time or whoever/whatever has caused a lack of resources that other countries seem not to be suffering from.

Where is fan5 when you need him?!

Edited by Jol_BWFC

54 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

And correct me if I’m wrong here. But why are we already looking for a public inquiry into something that’s in reality only just begun? Surely the decision to hold an inquiry is decided after an event?

its like deciding we’re having a coroners inquest into someone’s death before they’ve actually died 

this is the most worrying thing for me is folk are clamoring for this when it’s all back to front in reality 

and if anyone can tell me any different please do 

I’m not clamouring for one.

But there will be one though.  I have absolutely no doubt about that.