Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Have a listen/look at Gove's response to the ST article.

Just been on both BBC and sky and laid into them. Hugely out of context reporting, looking for a "j'accuse" angle.

May well be more to come from all this.

"There are one or two aspects of The Sunday Times' report that are slightly off-beam"

I hope that's classic British understatement.

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Ikea is alright....ir used to be.

I fucking hate Sweden, probably stems from them having the hoodoo over our national team and that big nosed fake Swedish fucker Ibrahimovic.

Saying that, a lot of stuff i have is Swedish and its only just hit home, i aint ditching the Volvo or my Thule roobars and roofbox, or my frozen swedish meatballs. Fuck!

I know a Swedish bolton fan ( looks like colonel)

and lad loves minecraft

went off IKEA when I bought a wardrobe and dowel was missing 

thats about it for me 

I get the need for scrutiny and digging for the truth.

I just don’t get that much of the media are willing to look at the right places, it’s just the same old dig at the nasty tories, moving seamlessly from Brexit to Coronavirus.

We need a better media.

8 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Do they still do that thing where you can only buy ale from government offies and they close at tea time ?

Are you a Swede fan, Mr Turnip?

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

I just don’t get that much of the media are willing to look at the right places, it’s just the same old dig at the nasty tories, moving seamlessly from Brexit to Coronavirus.

We need a better media.

From The Sunday Times?

It's a centre-right, pro-Brexit newspaper.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

"There are one or two aspects of The Sunday Times' report that are slightly off-beam"

I hope that's classic British understatement.

I also referred to his background (Aberdeen) in one.

He's certainly not a happy bunny.

Interestingly, Marr was complimentary about the Oxford professor who was indeed excellent, over her clear, concise and straight answers.

We know where he's coming from, but it highlights the difference: her role doesn't involve a balancing act- just find the vaccine (notwithstanding the obvious difficulties), whereas the life of a politician is rarely so narrow. Two completely different tracks which conflict at the moment, and some difficult decisions to make.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Just been on both BBC and sky and laid into them. Hugely out of context reporting, looking for a "j'accuse" angle.

Boris missed 5 cobr meetings. That sounds bad. However depends how many out of. So if he missed 5 out of 6 sounds slack 5 out of 20 less so. And when the 5 were and what he was doing instead. 

I keep saying that hindsight is 20/20. 

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Times are a Murdoch paper. If they are going after them, that’s says something. And I wouldn’t trust Gove as far as I could piss him

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

We need a better media.

The thing is the media get slagged as being too right wing by the lefties and too left wing by the other lot. 
They never comment on the stuff that has gone well. The speed the nightingale hospitals were set up for instance. 
In the banking crash the Labour government took some steps that really minimised the impact of it that are hardly mentioned. Gordon Brown and his team did a good job of it, but that is hardly mentioned. But everyone knows the gold reserves were sold. 
I get journalism is about digging for a story but they should be telling the full story. The BBC has been exceptionally shit. 

20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

So A couple of questions then I can get back to my lovely Sunday that I have planned?

is this now all boris’ fault again? 
and what time is trumps press conference? 

thanks 

Of course not. He’s infallible as well you know. 

2 minutes ago, Ani said:

The thing is the media get slagged as being too right wing by the lefties and too left wing by the other lot. 
They never comment on the stuff that has gone well. The speed the nightingale hospitals were set up for instance. 
In the banking crash the Labour government took some steps that really minimised the impact of it that are hardly mentioned. Gordon Brown and his team did a good job of it, but that is hardly mentioned. But everyone knows the gold reserves were sold. 
I get journalism is about digging for a story but they should be telling the full story. The BBC has been exceptionally shit. 

Spot on

10 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

From The Sunday Times?

It's a centre-right, pro-Brexit newspaper.

Not sure it was pro-Brexit 

Never really read it

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

Boris missed 5 cobr meetings. That sounds bad. However depends how many out of. So if he missed 5 out of 6 sounds slack 5 out of 20 less so. And when the 5 were and what he was doing instead. 

I keep saying that hindsight is 20/20. 

Am I alone in thinking he shouldn’t be missing any?

2 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Not sure it was pro-Brexit 

Never really read it

It is. They backed Leave in the referendum and are steadfast in their support of Brexit and Boris.

For all I know the article this morning might be the most inaccurate, misleading article evr written, but the idea it's just another dig at the Tories is nonsense - he's literally being criticised by his own side here.

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Of course not. He’s infallible as well you know. 

Everyone should be accountable for their actions.

Trial by tabloid from some two bit journalist and experts on social media I just think is taking things a touch too far though.