Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

41 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

They were living in a homeless shelter together, so I'm assuming the virus spread there would be higher than 397 people living in multiple homes. 

Going off the test results  and the presumed death rate, I'd say we're at less than 5 million infected in UK.

No-one is showing high % positive  in large population test results yet, only in small clusters. 

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not tuned in for 2 weeks, just watch an hours news every day and browse the net. 

Peston, i always wanna stamp on the fuckers head, he has nose hair that Tarzan could swing on, blokes a proper twat!

Kunttsberg just needs a good shagging along with Ridge, and that helmet headed fucker also off Sky, she needs her face rubbing in fox shit!

Kinell, what you been on today?

3 hours ago, kent_white said:

It's really hard to compare death rates in different countries.

On one level I agree but any Government's response has to be appropriate to that country - and should take full account of the variables you mention - i.e. what is the appropriate response in one country may not be the same as in another and any Government's strategy will be tailor-made for their own people.

Ultimately the Government is responsible for looking after it's citizens and therefore death rate per capita is a very accurate measure of how well the Government have gone about their business of looking after their citizens.

On that score our Government hasn't done very well at all so far - 5th worst in the world without taking account of non-hospital deaths so possibly the worst performance of any Government in the world.

If you disagree with that then you are simply saying that our Government's response wasn't appropriate for our demographic etc - i.e. also a strategic fail.

The other obvious responsibility of the Government is to look after the economy - because obviously that will also have an effect on how they look after their citizens. Not convinced so far on that score either.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

The other obvious responsibility of the Government is to look after the economy - because obviously that will also have an effect on how they look after their citizens. Not convinced so far on that score either.

I dunno, I think they have done pretty good on that score so far?

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Newspaper reports saying a big percentage at risk will be obese overweight people, to put it not so politely, fat cunts!

I'd be goosed... oh wait..

Thing is, they would class anyone in those categories as "underlying health issues"

12 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

On one level I agree but any Government's response has to be appropriate to that country - and should take full account of the variables you mention - i.e. what is the appropriate response in one country may not be the same as in another and any Government's strategy will be tailor-made for their own people.

Ultimately the Government is responsible for looking after it's citizens and therefore death rate per capita is a very accurate measure of how well the Government have gone about their business of looking after their citizens.

On that score our Government hasn't done very well at all so far - 5th worst in the world without taking account of non-hospital deaths so possibly the worst performance of any Government in the world.

If you disagree with that then you are simply saying that our Government's response wasn't appropriate for our demographic etc - i.e. also a strategic fail.

Not sure wtf you are on about, being in Northern Europe we are geographically close to Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Belgium and Holland, 4 of those have worse death rates than us, Holland very similar, only Germany doing much better. We all wished we’d done better but your comments highlighted are made with out context and frankly disingenuous. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

If you look at who is behind fullfact.org I'm not sure we can really take it that they would qualify as being independent, not saying they are lying but wouldn't be the first port of call for an independent assessment of how a conservative government has performed.

36 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

If you look at who is behind fullfact.org I'm not sure we can really take it that they would qualify as being independent, not saying they are lying but wouldn't be the first port of call for an independent assessment of how a conservative government has performed.

Well fella, plenty of the left sided folk on here take their every word as gospel, as previously displayed many times.

8 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Govt fighting back v Sunday Times

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/04/19/response-to-sunday-times-insight-article/

I’ve no idea who is right, time will tell, but I like the fight back 

A fair amount of "this happened, no it didn't" in that response. But then I suppose there couldn't really be anything else; they aren't exactly going to release classified documents.

I'm not sure I like the arsey "which is it?" though. Keep it robust but professional.

5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Well fella, plenty of the left sided folk on here take their every word as gospel, as previously displayed many times.

If that's the case then that's far more worrying than any right leaning people quoting them, strange times we're living in.

2 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

Sorry mate, we'll have to agree to disagree. I cant stop myself from checking on how areas are doing against each other, and I'm still going to use population as one of several factors when I draw my own conclusions, and read data from others that use it too. It's more accurate if you do it at city level.

Anyway, back to the sunshine and alcohol, have a good evening - how soon do you have to order at Cherry tree, when will they bring next Sunday menu out?

I'm not telling you in case you beat me to it! :)

If you follow them on Facebook they usually put something up during the week when they're taking orders.

Just about to eat sticky toffee pudding and ice cream! 👍👍👍

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Govt fighting back v Sunday Times

https://healthmedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/04/19/response-to-sunday-times-insight-article/

I’ve no idea who is right, time will tell, but I like the fight back 

I said earlier I thought there was more to come on this. Gove was clearly angered by the article. Presumably a number of top people were too.

47 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I said earlier I thought there was more to come on this. Gove was clearly angered by the article. Presumably a number of top people were too.

Who would of thought that this was yet another smear campaign full of mistruths. Good job nobody was stupid enough to believe it had any merit though eh 🙄

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Who would of thought that this was yet another smear campaign full of mistruths. Good job nobody was stupid enough to believe it had any merit though eh 🙄

The truth probably lies somewhere between the two, as usual.

Nobody's covering themselves in glory, really.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

North Korea would love you